Dallas13

Vancouver Interviews

9 posts in this topic

It seems like there are not too many Vancouver people on here. Maybe someone can help? Does anyone know how far out Vancouver is scheduling interviews??? We just got our NOA2 a week ago and were trying to plan for the holidays coming up! Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I scheduled my October 26 interview around September 20th.. it's about a month out when I was booking. I could've had it a few days earlier but for various reasons picked October 26. So if you are booking today I would guesstimate you could have an interview in the last week of November? But remember that you can't book your interview until you've booked your medical (well, you could but they tell you not to so I didn't want to chance that) and it took me over a week to get ahold of Dr. Cheema. And don't forget you have to complete Packet 3 and Packet 4 as well.

Btw the wait from NOA2 to Packet 3 is just over 3 weeks - you can probably get it a few days faster than I did by emailing the consulate and getting them to email it to you instead of waiting for snail mail once it gets to that stage.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The wait was 28 days when I booked last month. We have to wait until the end of Nov because of his job, but could have scheduled it in mid Oct.

May 2008: Met on the Carnival Paradise
2008-2012: 20 Cruises, 8 vacations, many wonderful moments
May 2012: Engaged!

K-1
May 17 2012: I-129F Sent
May 22 2012: NOA1
Aug 17 2012: NOA2
Aug 28 2012: Left NVC
Aug 29 2012: Vancouver Consolate Received
Sept 7 2012: Package 3 received
Sept 18 2012: Package 4 received
Nov 20 2012: Medical
Nov 26 2012: Interview - APPROVED!
Dec 01 2012: POE
Jan 12 2013: Wedding!
AOS
Jan 26 2013: AOS Sent
Jan 31 2013: NOA1 eMail
Mar 06 2013: Feb 13 2013 (walk-in) Biometrics Appt
Mar 28 2013: EAD/AP Approval
April 02 2013: Interview - APPROVED!
April 05 2013: EAD/AP Card received
April 10 2013: Greencard ARRIVED!!

ROC

Jan 12 2015: I-751 Sent

Jan 16 2015: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Jan 13th

Feb 19 2015: Biometrics

June 10 2015: APPROVED!

June 18 2015: Greencard Arrived!

It seems like there are not too many Vancouver people on here. Maybe someone can help? Does anyone know how far out Vancouver is scheduling interviews??? We just got our NOA2 a week ago and were trying to plan for the holidays coming up! Thanks!

Hello from a fellow Vancouverite... not for long... (Moving to Maui November 1st)

Anyway... hopefully my experience will help you with yours.

After NOA2 (May-10-2012) about a one month wait (June-07-2012) before USC or myself heard from anyone. We both got letters, (same day) his was from the NVC & mine was from the US Consulate in Vancouver (aka 'Packet-3).

I'd say make plans. Once your letter from the Van. Consulate comes, it just directs you to their website, to complete 'Packet-3' (P3)

You can do some of it ahead of time, which I highly recommend if you have the time. It's a checklist of things to do.

If you do 'P3' ahead of time, always verify your checklist with the latest P3 version/link that the Consulate gives you. I downloaded a version of P3 months before I got my letter & a few things were different. Just a heads up.

Once you complete the 'checklist', you fax it off (I scanned & emailed ) .. they get back to you via email & you can then book your appointments. Med & Interview.

At that point, you will then be able to see what the interview schedule is like. It's much like booking an airline ticket. Medical is now different from when I did it. There's a thread somewhere about it.

Well, I think that information should help.

Enjoy your holidays...

Cheers..

Check out the thread 'K1-Guide Vancouver'. You'll find the West Coast crew there. Yeah, not too many of us.

Edited by CANbirdUSman

XYlOm10.pngGSPYm10.png
AOS: 2012-12-28
NOA's x 2: 2012-01-04
Bio App: 2012-02-05 (Honolulu, HAWAII)
Upcoming AOS Interview (March 21) RESCHEDULED between March 28 - June 6
EAD/AP combo card: 2013-03-15
AOS interview: APRIL 16th approved
Green Card: April 25th 2013 - 2015

ROC: 2015-Jan-20
NOA: 2015-Jan-27

BIO Appt: 2015-Feb-24

Approved: 2015-May-26

I scheduled my October 26 interview around September 20th.. it's about a month out when I was booking. I could've had it a few days earlier but for various reasons picked October 26. So if you are booking today I would guesstimate you could have an interview in the last week of November? But remember that you can't book your interview until you've booked your medical (well, you could but they tell you not to so I didn't want to chance that) and it took me over a week to get ahold of Dr. Cheema. And don't forget you have to complete Packet 3 and Packet 4 as well.

Btw the wait from NOA2 to Packet 3 is just over 3 weeks - you can probably get it a few days faster than I did by emailing the consulate and getting them to email it to you instead of waiting for snail mail once it gets to that stage.

Hey... good luck on your upcoming interview :)

XYlOm10.pngGSPYm10.png

Thanks so much for the replies and the info! We are all set and ready to go. I should have case number from NVC today and will give it to my fiance to start calling US embassy in Vancouver at the end of this week or beginning of next. We are going to ask for emails so we can turn it around quicker and same day. I really hope my fiancee can be here before Thanksgiving!!! Stupid VSC is so delayed and I am so happy to have moved on from there!!!!!

I see the new medical is in Surrey and they give the results back the next day after 4pm. Once you get through to Surrey for medical, are they booked out a week in advance? Or is it just the issue of getting ahold of them.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the replies and the info! We are all set and ready to go. I should have case number from NVC today and will give it to my fiance to start calling US embassy in Vancouver at the end of this week or beginning of next. We are going to ask for emails so we can turn it around quicker and same day. I really hope my fiancee can be here before Thanksgiving!!! Stupid VSC is so delayed and I am so happy to have moved on from there!!!!!

I see the new medical is in Surrey and they give the results back the next day after 4pm. Once you get through to Surrey for medical, are they booked out a week in advance? Or is it just the issue of getting ahold of them.

Thanks!

FYI: The US Consulate in Vancouver (aka Embassy) does NOT take phone calls. Email only vancouverK@state.gov

This is what my first email looked like..

subject line CIS Receipt # WAC-00-000-00000 (your WAC number of course)

Good day,

This email is regarding the status of my file. I am the applicant/beneficiary, (your name) listed below.

• CIS Receipt Number: WAC-00-000-000000
  • Case Type: I-129F Petition for Fiance
  • Applicant's Name: YOur name here
  • Applicant's Date of Birth: your info
  • Petitioner's Name: USC info
  • Petitioner's Date of Birth: USC info
  • Notice Type: Approval, Notice Valid from 00/00/2012 to 00/00/2012
  • Consulate: VANCOUVER

Notice date of the approved petition was received May 10, 2012. The I-797, Notice of Action reads as follows:

(See attachment full Notice details)

----

You could ask them in your email, that you'd prefer to correspond by email, instead of fax. Or something like that...

Cheers..

XYlOm10.pngGSPYm10.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks!

As far as the medical goes, I'm not too sure - they seemed pretty flexible. Turns out the day I had my appointment, I was one of only 2 people in the office when it opened so it's very slow in the early AM. I had a 7am appointment (just a note - after the appointment they send you for bloodwork and Xrays and the xray place didn't open until 8:30 the day I was there). Tell the lady when she calls that you would like the earliest time possible (and if you are okay with 7am it sounds like they have a harder time filling that time slot (Hmm I wonder why :P)) so that might help.

Getting ahold of them for me was hard. I asked a generic question and they answered me by email about 5 business days later but when I tried to email back and book my appointment I heard nothing - so I phoned and left a message. Took them about a week to phone me back and they never did respond to my email. Other people have emailed questions and gotten a reply the same day. So all I can say is to try - and if you don't hear back, call /email again. Seems kind of random.

Once you do get ahold of Dr. Cheema, the day will be easy - the office staff are amazingly friendly and helpful and he is also very nice in his interactions.

Wishing you the best! Keep us posted!

P.S. I had a bit of a confusing time finding the office in the morning but don't panic - you will find it! It's just that there are a bazillion medical and doctor offices all along that road so you have to find the Dr. Cheema one specifically - it will say Dr. Cheema above the office so if it doesn't that's not the right one.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

My interview was beginning of October and I had to wait 28 days for it when I booked in September. Seems like general consensus is about a month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.