MarcoAndMaria

i129F

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have a question...

I'm all set to go and send my I129F application, however i've read here there was an a rejection of I129F application because of the age requirement. I know that in philippines you should have parental advice (age 21-25) and parental consent (18-21)...

my fiance is 21 years old, turning 22 this december. so i was wondering if i would need to send the parental advice with my i129f application?

I don't want to get rejected...

thanks !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

what age requirement . if you ask me I am also 21 yrs old and turning 22 this d ecember yet, waitng for noa2 why you think you would gwet rejected? As long as you guys can showed up to the Co here that your relationship is genuine you should be fine.. goodluck to your process and God bless us

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

The OP is asking about the RFE and petition rejection that was posted a while back. The wording, according to that poster, made it sound like they asked for a parental consent stating Philippine law. NOW, that poster had thrown away his RFE so we were going by "what he remembered". It was concerning though as most i129F petitions are sent in without a consent OR advice form from the parents.

Yep. That I-129F wasn't rejected at all to begin with. What happened is he got an adjudicator at USCIS that wanted them to produce the statement per Philippine Family Code. Many people are never asked for this at the petition stage or at the interview. CFO is usually the only one that does. However, it is at the adjudicator's discretion to ask for things that he/she may find necessary to validate two people being free to marry. What happened was the poster wrote USCIS a letter telling them they misunderstood something when he received an RFE. His petition wasn't rejected. He simply received an RFE. He didn't comply with the RFE. Chances are you won't be asked for it, and it isn't going to cause a rejection of the petition. However, RFEs are possible for so many things. If you get an RFE for whatever reason, simply comply with it and give them what they ask for. Don't tell them they misunderstood anything or try to argue with them and decline from providing what is asked for. The other poster's petition was only rejected in the end because he didn't comply with the RFE. It could have been approved if he had given what they asked for.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Yep. That I-129F wasn't rejected at all to begin with. What happened is he got an adjudicator at USCIS that wanted them to produce the statement per Philippine Family Code. Many people are never asked for this at the petition stage or at the interview. CFO is usually the only one that does. However, it is at the adjudicator's discretion to ask for things that he/she may find necessary to validate two people being free to marry. What happened was the poster wrote USCIS a letter telling them they misunderstood something when he received an RFE. His petition wasn't rejected. He simply received an RFE. He didn't comply with the RFE. Chances are you won't be asked for it, and it isn't going to cause a rejection of the petition. However, RFEs are possible for so many things. If you get an RFE for whatever reason, simply comply with it and give them what they ask for. Don't tell them they misunderstood anything or try to argue with them and decline from providing what is asked for. The other poster's petition was only rejected in the end because he didn't comply with the RFE. It could have been approved if he had given what they asked for.

Yeah, he argued his point instead of just sending in the information. I have a feeling there is more to the story then what he posted. Like a REALLY big age difference? He was withholding information in the thread that could have explained the RFE to begin with. :bonk:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys,

I have a question...

I'm all set to go and send my I129F application, however i've read here there was an a rejection of I129F application because of the age requirement. I know that in philippines you should have parental advice (age 21-25) and parental consent (18-21)...

my fiance is 21 years old, turning 22 this december. so i was wondering if i would need to send the parental advice with my i129f application?

I don't want to get rejected...

thanks !

There have been a vast number of 129f petitions where the person was under the age of 25 and a letter was not needed by USCIS, I seriously doubt you need one with your petition.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.