cmlokh

what do i have to bring with me to the interview!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Take copies of everything you submitted to USCIS and NVC. If possible get a total of 4 years (2008 - 2011) of tax transcripts to take with you as well and up-to-date wage information. But take copies of everything.

hi everyone!

i will have my interview next month and i don't know what i have to take with me to the interview since we sent all original documents to nvc ?

Thanks

Edited by love4life09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Take copies of everything you submitted to USCIS and NVC. If possible get a total of 4 years (2008 - 2011) of tax transcripts to take with you as well and up-to-date wage information. But take copies of everything.

Doesn't the consular have all the information you originally submitted to USCIS and NVC to look over before you even begin your interview? Seems to me it would be more important to bring proof of the ongoing relationship since applying?

If you made it to your interview it would seem appropriate to assume you already made it through proving your income requirements and satisfied USCIS to approve your petition. The interview is for the intended visa holder to prove his/her intentions are not fraudulant, is this not correct? My opinion is they might get annoyed to have a copy of everything they already have.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

did they send you a packet of paperwork with your interview letter?

Edited by basstof and robi

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i am not sure if you take the same things as the K-1 visa applicants but here is a list of all the things that we took because some were in the interview packet they sent us and some were from what others on visa journey said to bring....

2011-05-09 this is the date my fiance received his INTERVIEW PACKET. his interview date was set for JUNE 15, 2011 at 9:00am.

in his packet these were the documents that they sent:

*NOTE: SOME OF THE DOCUMENTS THEY SENT WERE OLDER VERSIONS THAT WERE NOT THE LATEST UPDATED ONES. WE HAND WROTE ON THOSE AND WE ALSO WENT ONLINE TO THE FORMS SITE ON THE GOVERNMENT K-1 PAGE AND TYPED IN ON THE MOST UPDATED RECENT FORMS AND TOOK BOTH OF THEM TO THE INTERVIEW. THEY TOOK SOME AND LEFT SOME. I THINK AS LONG AS IT HAD THE RIGHT # like DS-156 on it...THE TOOK IT WHETHER IT WAS TYPED OR HANDWRITTEN OR MOST RECENT OR OLDER ONE.

1.the interview date page that must be taken with you when you go to the interview.

2. a list of names of doctors you can choose from for your medical exam. (we chose dr. alain guidon who was very very good although...it said the cost was 400 dh but the doctor charged 500dh)

3. 2 copies of DS-156

4. 1 copy of DS-156K

5. 1 copy of DS-157

6. 1 copy DS-230 part 1

IN HIS PACKET THERE WAS NO LIST AT ALL, NONE. NOTHING AT ALL TELLING HIM THAT HE SHOULD ALSO BRING...

1. 1-864 (NOT I-134 but i would bring this one too just in case things have changed since the last year!!!!!) that the petitioner is to complete and have for proof of support.( proof of employment, taxes for at least recent and past 3 years, bank statements,paychecks, mortgage paperwork etc.)

2. POLICE CERTIFICATE (fiche anthropometrique) which is a record of history of any crimes or police records they may have.tou must bring one for every place you have lived in the past also. (TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH)

3. BIRTH CERTIFICATE (TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH)

4. COURT RECORD (sijil adli) (TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH)

5. MARITAL STATUS CERTIFICATE (TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH)

TAKE ORIGINAL AND TRANSLATED COPIES.

6. TWO (and maybe even some extra ) VISA PHOTOS (5cmx5cm)(we took 8)(ok i am going to say here that there is some confusion about the KIND OF PHOTOS THEY CALL VISA AND PASSPORT PHOTOS THAT DIFFER FROM USA. all you need to know it that you need the ones that is 5x5. i heard of some people who were told that they had the wrong sized photo and had to go and get the right size ...delaying the process)

7. passport

8. recent new photos not in I-129F.

9. new additional proof of on going relationship (chat logs, engagement receipts, phone bills, letters, new travel tickets or boarding passes etc)

10. new letter of intent written recently by petitioner.

11. OF COURSE TAKE YOUR MEDICAL FOLDER OR THE DOCTOR MAY HAVE GIVEN IT DIRECTLY TO THE CONSULATE.

12. $350 american dollars or equivalent in dirham.

13. copies of all USCIS and NVC paperwork including RFEs.

WE GOT ALL THIS INFORMATION OFF THE MOROCCAN CONSULATE PAGE IN THE CONSULATE SECTION.

hi everyone!

i will have my interview next month and i don't know what i have to take with me to the interview since we sent all original documents to nvc ?

Thanks

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.