2far

Beneficiary unemployment

5 posts in this topic

Hello! My fiance and I are at the very beginning of this process having just sent in the I-129F packet. He is in Morocco and works for low wages in non-ideal conditions. We are considering having him quit his job and wait out this process (knowing it can take 7-9 months). My question is: Will him being unemployed have a negative impact on this process?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No. The US is concerned about whether you, the petitioner, can support him, hence the affidavit of support.

HOWEVER won't he be bored just hanging around waiting for the K-1 visa? It might put strain on your relationship. It's best to keep oneself occupied during the long separation that occurs during the process.

Not at all, knowing that the beneficiary will have to leave his employment, his or hers income play absolutely no part in the K-1 process.

Being unemployed can be both a positive and a negative, depending on the individual. The negative being as Jacque67 said, the positive being he would have more time to talk to his future wife innocent.gif Personally I was working full-time (I was the beneficiary) and my now wife was unemployed. For us this gave us the flexibility of being able to talk much more than if she was working (She did work night shifts at a motel! Due to the time differences, When I woke up in the morning in Australia, it was around 4pm here. So had she been working we would very very rarely have been able to talk).

Lots of things to consider good.gif

Best of luck on your VISA journey.

GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Majority do work for low pay in Morocco, especially if compared to the U.S.

If it is a non-ideal setting as you put it...why not look for other employment?

This is just my opinion....u both would do better with him staying busy while he waits for his interview and

though the U.S. considers the sponsors financial commitment not the beneficiary, I would think there would be less desperation shown if your fiance is employed when he goes for his interview.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree about working. It really does help to pass the time quicker. My fiance kept working until the week before his interview. He had it last Monday and is going crazy without work, he sits at home playing pool on Fb or goes and spends money and walks the streets, lol. Thank goodness he comes home to me next week, lol. Even just something part time would help pass the time. Good luck on your journey :thumbs: :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.