TXHOU78

New-Delhi, India - DCF Process

11 posts in this topic

I am a US Citizen about to apply for Immigrant Visa via the DCF process for my spouse (Indian Citizen) at New Delhi, India. Kindly post all possible help on this forum for the same.

Questions are on:

1. Residency of US Citizen before application

2. Any recent (last 2-3 months) experiences on DCF process in New-Delhi

3. Forms list with any other attachments

4. Costs and payment method

5. Is appointment reqd.? or can we walk in for application?

6. Time to get interview dates

7. Any mistakes which we need to avoid?

I will appreciate any help on the above and hope this topic helps all those applying via DCF in New-Delhi, India. I will update this topic with information which I receive.

I-130 (DCF Process) Timeline: New-Delhi, India

-----------------------------------

02/02/06- Begin 60 days of Indian Residency

N-400 Timeline: Houston Office

06/02/05- Sent off N-400 to TSC

06/03/05- N-400 Priority Date

06/16/05- Application Receipt Notice

07/18/05- Fingerprint Notice

08/23/05- Fingerprint Appointment

09/??/05- Interview Appointment Letter

09/30/05- Interview (asked for court docs on driving ticket)

10/11/05- Submitted court docs as requested

11/14/05- Call from BCIS Houston Office stating they found another A- file in my name and thus NO OATH CEREMONY for me until further notice!!! :-(

11/21/05- BCIS confirmed case now approved. Submitted appeal to District Officer for having Oath in Beaumont, TX on Dec. 2, 2005. PRAYING FOR THIS ONE!!!

11/29/05- Went to BCIS Houston Office and I was asked to wait for Oath Ceremony in January. Possibly on January 23rd, 2006.

12/31/2005- Oath Ceremony Appointment letter received from USCIS - (1/24/06)

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1: The USC must show that they have been in India for 60 days before they will be allowed in the Embassy complex to file I-130. Passport stamps are checked at the front gate.

2: Search the archived DCF Forum here for experiences: http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?showforum=82

The visa application happens at the Consulate serving your spouse's residency. The petition must be filed at New Delhi.

Best wishes!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

meauxna,

the 60 day residency requirement thing seems to be something that a lot of people aren't aware of especially people who go to india and get married.

I learnt this from you last year by posting here and confirmed on the delhi embassy website... and I have told so many people who are either planning on getting married in india or have already married and want to bring their spouses here. Seems some people dont want to beleive me because they know so and so who brought their wife with him when he was only in india for a week!

naturally ofcourse, I try to find logic behind it since someone could have filed k1 like myself and when k1 was either on verge of approval or approved, travel to india and come back with their fiance.

However, recently I have come across immigration cases in freinds and family circle which is causing some doubts in my mind about immigration laws and how equally they are enforced. I have come across situations where its clear that the USC was not in india for 60 or more days and was able to (supposedly) still do DCF and bring their spouse back with them... within 2 months!... this is mostly just hearsay but its now atleast 3 or 4 different cases where this has supposedly happened... and I know when these USC's have left and when they come back its well within 2 months... and the method is DCF!... I sure hope there is something else to this... I haven't yet seen any actual documents from any of these people that prove that has happened but on the other hand in my opinion there is no reason why they'd lie...

AOS

2006-02-xx - AOS Packet Sent

2006-02-15 - NOA1 Received

2006-03-11 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Rec'vd for (04/05/2006)

2006-04-05 - Biometrics Done for both EAD+AOS

2006-04-05 - Another Biometrics Appointment Letter Rec'vd :-0

2006-04-05 - AOS + EAD Touched

2006-04-06 - AOS + EAD Touched

2006-04-14 - Interview Letter Received (5/16/06)

2006-04-28 - EAD approval e-mail (whopping 18 days before AOS interview)

2006-05-03 - ANOTHER EAD approval e-mail!

2006-05-03 - Received EAD card in mail! - this is getting really really weeeiiirrdd!!!

2006-05-16 - AOS Interview went pretty smooth IMO. Hopefully will see GC soon.

2006-05-16 - Touched (Still no change from original AOS receipt status)

2006-05-19 - Received WELCOME LETTER in mail. (No change in online status)

2006-05-23 - "Approved and Card Ordered" - E-mail received and online status changed.

2006-05-25 - "Approval Letter Sent" - E-mail received and online status changed.

2006-05-26 - Received GREEN CARD in mail.

There is NO Substitute for Common Sense, especially not a Lawyer.

Timeline
meauxna,

the 60 day residency requirement thing seems to be something that a lot of people aren't aware of especially people who go to india and get married.

I learnt this from you last year by posting here and confirmed on the delhi embassy website... and I have told so many people who are either planning on getting married in india or have already married and want to bring their spouses here. Seems some people dont want to beleive me because they know so and so who brought their wife with him when he was only in india for a week!

naturally ofcourse, I try to find logic behind it since someone could have filed k1 like myself and when k1 was either on verge of approval or approved, travel to india and come back with their fiance.

However, recently I have come across immigration cases in freinds and family circle which is causing some doubts in my mind about immigration laws and how equally they are enforced. I have come across situations where its clear that the USC was not in india for 60 or more days and was able to (supposedly) still do DCF and bring their spouse back with them... within 2 months!... this is mostly just hearsay but its now atleast 3 or 4 different cases where this has supposedly happened... and I know when these USC's have left and when they come back its well within 2 months... and the method is DCF!... I sure hope there is something else to this... I haven't yet seen any actual documents from any of these people that prove that has happened but on the other hand in my opinion there is no reason why they'd lie...

That must be frustrating..

The 60 day presense requirement is fairly new in India; I believe that it was introduced as a way to slow down the number of non-resident DCF cases. As you know, India is a big place with a lot of people, many of whom have moved to the US. Volume was definately up at New Delhi.

So, the people you know may have done their DCF beforehand.

Every report I've read of DCF in India in the past year includes the USC saying that they were asked at the gate to the Embassy if they already had 60 days in India and most report that they had to show their passport or other evidence of being in India for 60 days before they were allowed in to file I-130.

Of course it is always possible that the rules are applied unevenly, that bribes are accepted, that someone had connections, that someone lied. The 60 day 'rule' is not a law, it is a matter of policy of the DHS office in India. No matter what anyone reads anywhere, I always recommend contacting the Consulate's Immigrant Visa Unit to determine what qualifies them to be able to file I-130 abroad.

It's possible that the cases you know of were K-3s, and not DCF-->IV. ??? Anything is possible, I suppose.

Let us know if you ever find out more from the people you know.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Feel free to view my timeline and also search old posts for my username. My old posts will have a better explanation of DCF since back then it was all still fresh in my mind but i don't mind answering any further questions you may have.

Ok..here's my timeline of sorts:

October 15, 2004: went to India

October 17, 2004: got engaged

October 23, 2004: got married!!!!

Dec. 22, 2004: went to U.S. Embassy, New Delhi-told to come back 9am the next morning

Dec. 23, 2004: filed I-130 at Delhi embassy

Jan 12, 2005: I came back to the U.S. :-(

Jan. 13, 2005: my husband went to Mumbai embassy personally to get packet 3

Jan. 15, 2005: sent out forms from packet 3

around the 2nd week of Feb: received interview date!!!! MARCH 18!!!!!

Feb. 16, 2005: sent out I-864 and other ppwk to my husband via DHL

Feb 20, 2005:[/color] husband received DHL pkg

end of Feb/beginning of March: went for medical

March 18, 2005 @ 7:30am: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!! Got Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 27, 2005: my husband comes to the U.S.!!!!!!

April 9, 2005: Husband received his greencard!

April 20, 2005: Went to Social Security office to change my name and also applied for my husband's SS card since it hadn't arrived yet

April 29, 2005: Recieved both Social Security Cards!

• 2 weeks later...
I am a US Citizen about to apply for Immigrant Visa via the DCF process for my spouse (Indian Citizen) at New Delhi, India. Kindly post all possible help on this forum for the same.

Questions are on:

1. Residency of US Citizen before application

2. Any recent (last 2-3 months) experiences on DCF process in New-Delhi

3. Forms list with any other attachments

4. Costs and payment method

5. Is appointment reqd.? or can we walk in for application?

6. Time to get interview dates

7. Any mistakes which we need to avoid?

I will appreciate any help on the above and hope this topic helps all those applying via DCF in New-Delhi, India. I will update this topic with information which I receive.

I just filled my petition in delhi 6 days back the process is very easy and simple, There is couple of advices i want to give.

First thing when we went there was a pretty big line, So try to be little early if you don't want to wait that long. We arrived at 8:30 am and was waiting in the line till 11 am before we got in. So its up to you.

Don't ask the guard any question just get your security check and stand in the line. The guard will tell you what line to stand in.

You will need to bring your wedding photograph with you, If you don't want to carry your big heavy albums just get 20 -25 groups pic of you and her. The consular will pick 5-6 photos. That's what we did.

You can pay in dollars $190. I have seen the cashier giving change back in $ or else you can make a Demand Draft for $1= RS 46. That will come out to 8,740. Choice is your's

You can just walk in. Just make sure you have all the papers required in the check list of form I-130.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I was reading through the communication here & was anxious to ask questions to all of here.

I am an Indian citizen & my fiance is a US citizen & I am supposed to appear for my interview in Chennai & was curious & anxious to on which ground can they deprive me of the VISA & if they do so how can we approach them & get the VISA issued to us?

As I do see that one of you got rejected & then got approved again, can you please help me? :help:

Udiken

Hi All,

I was reading through the communication here & was anxious to ask questions to all of here.

I am an Indian citizen & my fiance is a US citizen & I am supposed to appear for my interview in Chennai & was curious & anxious to on which ground can they deprive me of the VISA & if they do so how can we approach them & get the VISA issued to us?

As I do see that one of you got rejected & then got approved again, can you please help me? :help:

Udiken

what visa type are you Filing K1/K3 or DCF? we went the K1 route through chennai everything went fine

Gone but not Forgotten!

The DCF process is changing from June 1st 2006.

Effective July 4, 2004, U.S. citizens who wish to file an I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) for their immediate relative must provide evidence that they have resided in India for a minimum of 60 days immediately prior to the filing of the petition. This requirement ends on May 31, 2006.

Effective June 1, 2006, U.S. citizens who wish to file an I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) for their immediate relatives must provide evidence that they are residents of India. Proof of such residency will include a U.S. passport with an appropriate long-term, valid Indian visa and a Registration Report and Residential Permit issued by the Foreigners Registration Office (FRRO) of the government of India. Additional evidence may include, but is not limited to, on-going employment in India, taxes paid in India, rent/property receipts, and utility receipts.

United States Citizens may file their petitions between 9:00 AM and 12:00 Noon on all normal business days.

United States Citizens MUST BE PRESENT to file their petitions. If a United States Citizen is filing for a spouse, it is required that the spouse also appear so that immigration officials may ask any questions necessary for the adjudication of the petition.

Applicants who do not meet the above residency requirements must file their petitions in the United States with the Service Center having jurisdiction over their place of residence. The address for the Service Centers can be found on the petition or on the website at www.uscis.gov.

Thanks for the responses!

I am all set for applying at New Delhi on 4th of April, which is the 61st day of my residence in India.

I will share my experience once I am back!

I-130 (DCF Process) Timeline: New-Delhi, India

02/02/06- Begin 60 days of Indian Residency

N-400 Timeline: Houston Office

06/02/05- Sent off N-400 to TSC

06/03/05- N-400 Priority Date

06/16/05- Application Receipt Notice

07/18/05- Fingerprint Notice

08/23/05- Fingerprint Appointment

09/??/05- Interview Appointment Letter

09/30/05- Interview (asked for court docs on driving ticket)

10/11/05- Submitted court docs as requested

11/14/05- Call from BCIS Houston Office stating they found another A- file in my name and thus NO OATH CEREMONY for me until further notice!!! :-(

11/21/05- BCIS confirmed case now approved. Submitted appeal to District Officer for having Oath in Beaumont, TX on Dec. 2, 2005. PRAYING FOR THIS ONE!!!

11/29/05- Went to BCIS Houston Office and I was asked to wait for Oath Ceremony in January. Possibly on January 23rd, 2006.

12/31/2005- Oath Ceremony Appointment letter received from USCIS - (1/24/06)

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Timeline
Thanks for the responses!

I am all set for applying at New Delhi on 4th of April, which is the 61st day of my residence in India.

I will share my experience once I am back!

Thinking of you today (well, now it's your yesterday). Trust everything went smoothly & hope that the visa app will, too!

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.