J & J

PR in U.S but got Juror Questionnaire in Canada?

4 posts in this topic

Sooo, I got a jury questionnaire back home in Canada, after living here in tha U.S for two years..hehe For some reason this gives me the giggles....Anywho...Was there someone I was sapost to contact about my move for jury duty? Do i still qualify to do jury duty in Canada, when I live in the States? Should I sign the card and send it back with a letter stating i'm living outside of Canada?

Would love some answers about this matter :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I suspect you don't qualify as you're not a resident. I would do as you suggest and send it back with a letter advising of your US residency.

• 04/14/12 - Married
    05/10/12 - Filed I-130 Petition
    05/17/12 - NOA1 Received
    05/22/12 - I797C Received
    08/02/12 - NOA2 Received
    08/30/12 - DS3032(DS261) & I864 bill received, sent, & paid
    09/01/12 - Receive I-864 Package
    09/08/12 - Submit I-864 Package
    09/14/12 - Receive & pay IV Invoice
    09/18/12 - IV Payment Complete & DS-260 Unlocked
    09/20/12 - Submit DS-260
    10/04/12 - Submit DS-260 Supporting Documents
    10/10/12 - Medical
    10/15/12 - Resubmitted I-864 Package
    10/18/12 - Case Complete
    11/01/12 - Case expedited to Montreal
    11/14/02 - Interview
    11/14/02 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You might consider calling, perhaps they require proof in which case a copy of your GC would suffice to prove you're a resident of the US.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Thanks for the replies, Finally got a hold of someone at the Toronto office. They told me to scratch the address and state that I moved out of country, provide one piece of proof of residency outside of Canada (drivers license, utility bill, Green Card....)Also if it's in your maiden name still, to scratch your last name and write in your new name, they said I didn't need to send in any proof of name change..like a marriage license. Seems pretty simple!!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.