GGG1975

Callin g All Moroccans

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you had to obtain criminal records? If yes, are you currently residing in the same city that you were born? If no, please answer this question. How did you obtain criminal court record (Casiar Judiciare) from place of residence? My husband is being told that because he was born in Meknes, he has to go there to obtain Casiar Judiciare (He currently residdes in Fes). Is there another way of getting this document from the place of residence. If yes, where would he go?

The police in Fes told him he had to go to Meknes and the translator stated we have the correct criminal documents but NVC is requesting the Casier Judiciare, even though we submitted it.

Thank you,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you had to obtain criminal records? If yes, are you currently residing in the same city that you were born? If no, please answer this question. How did you obtain criminal court record (Casiar Judiciare) from place of residence? My husband is being told that because he was born in Meknes, he has to go there to obtain Casiar Judiciare (He currently residdes in Fes). Is there another way of getting this document from the place of residence. If yes, where would he go?

The police in Fes told him he had to go to Meknes and the translator stated we have the correct criminal documents but NVC is requesting the Casier Judiciare, even though we submitted it.

Thank you,

Nope you need to go your city.... we had to go to Agadir from Marrakech!!!

Sent: Feb 21st

NOA1: Feb 24th

RFE: Jul 17th

RFE Reply: Jul 26th

NOA2: Jul 31st

NVC Received: August 7th

NVC Sent: August 10th

The wait is long, my dream of you does not end

Frghm5.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you,

Sorry, i couldn't get back to you before now.

I was born in Casablanca and residing in it, never lived somewhere else more than 1 month, I obtained my court record (Casier Judiciaire)from an office you can say it's a subsidiary of the Ministry of Justice, and i obtained my police record (Fiche Anthropométrique) from the little police prefecture which is also the police station my district belongs to, not from the main prefecture of the city of Casablanca, that's how it goes the simple way, but in your case, your fiance/spouse was born and lived in Meknes then moved to Fes, I've read somewhere that an applicant doesn't need to provide court record + police record from cities/countries he/she lived in when he/she was under the age of 15, but i see that the NVC seems to want police records+court records from both Meknes and Fes, your fiance/spouse has to ask a representative at both the police station & ministry of justice of Fes about the possibility of obtaining those records from both cities, if that's possible, that will cover everything, but my question is about the NVC allowing you to submit those records again, if you're allowed please make sure no errors in names,dates,etc.. in both the original records and their English translations, meanwhile, i will probably sip coffee with someone from the authorities tomorrow to get answers for you. Good luck

Timeline

Sorry, i couldn't get back to you before now.

I was born in Casablanca and residing in it, never lived somewhere else more than 1 month, I obtained my court record (Casier Judiciaire)from an office you can say it's a subsidiary of the Ministry of Justice, and i obtained my police record (Fiche Anthropométrique) from the little police prefecture which is also the police station my district belongs to, not from the main prefecture of the city of Casablanca, that's how it goes the simple way, but in your case, your fiance/spouse was born and lived in Meknes then moved to Fes, I've read somewhere that an applicant doesn't need to provide court record + police record from cities/countries he/she lived in when he/she was under the age of 15, but i see that the NVC seems to want police records+court records from both Meknes and Fes, your fiance/spouse has to ask a representative at both the police station & ministry of justice of Fes about the possibility of obtaining those records from both cities, if that's possible, that will cover everything, but my question is about the NVC allowing you to submit those records again, if you're allowed please make sure no errors in names,dates,etc.. in both the original records and their English translations, meanwhile, i will probably sip coffee with someone from the authorities tomorrow to get answers for you. Good luck

Ok, thank you. Yes, my husband was able to obtain the Fiche Anthropometrique with no problem. He received the Casier Judicaire from Meknes without any problems. One of the issues is I am not sure NVC lost the document or if they are saying it's not the correct one. After 2 days of calling I was able to speak to an operator that was nice enough to tell me that NVC doesn't make determinations and all I need to do is write a letter explaining the situation and resubmitting copies of what I have and once the case goes to the US Consulate they will direct my husband on if he's missing anything. So hopefully this will move my case along. When my husband went to the Fes police they directed him to Meknes, but we had already gotten what we needed from Meknes. If possible, can you find out the name of this subsidiary of the Ministry of Justice? Maybe they have one in Fes and that's where my husband will need to go as well.

Thank you so much.

Timeline

Ok, thank you. Yes, my husband was able to obtain the Fiche Anthropometrique with no problem. He received the Casier Judicaire from Meknes without any problems. One of the issues is I am not sure NVC lost the document or if they are saying it's not the correct one. After 2 days of calling I was able to speak to an operator that was nice enough to tell me that NVC doesn't make determinations and all I need to do is write a letter explaining the situation and resubmitting copies of what I have and once the case goes to the US Consulate they will direct my husband on if he's missing anything. So hopefully this will move my case along. When my husband went to the Fes police they directed him to Meknes, but we had already gotten what we needed from Meknes. If possible, can you find out the name of this subsidiary of the Ministry of Justice? Maybe they have one in Fes and that's where my husband will need to go as well.

Thank you so much.

You're welcome. Did you ask the operator if your case is still being processed despite the invalidity of your police record? I hope your case is not pending, the NVC/USCIS are unpredictable, we've submitted all they items they needed but they rejected our marriage license claiming it is not issued by a Quranic court regardless its originality, saying that my case is pending until requested document is submitted to the NVC, but while i was trying to find a way to proof the marriage license is Quranic, the NVC scheduled my interview, obviously my case hasn't been pending.

I found out that your husband doesn't need to obtain Fiche Anthropometrique & Casier Judiciaire from both cities (Fes & Meknes), it's enough if he obtains them from Meknes, because these records cover his entire national records in Morocco, i exclude the NVC needing both records from both cities, maybe they lost the recs or maybe they found errors in names,dates,etc.., or maybe it's a red tape.

Below is a picture of the exterior of the subsidiary of Ministry of Justice, i drove across that and took the picture, please share it with your husband. Good Luck

svt99l.jpg

Timeline

You're welcome. Did you ask the operator if your case is still being processed despite the invalidity of your police record? I hope your case is not pending, the NVC/USCIS are unpredictable, we've submitted all they items they needed but they rejected our marriage license claiming it is not issued by a Quranic court regardless its originality, saying that my case is pending until requested document is submitted to the NVC, but while i was trying to find a way to proof the marriage license is Quranic, the NVC scheduled my interview, obviously my case hasn't been pending.

I found out that your husband doesn't need to obtain Fiche Anthropometrique & Casier Judiciaire from both cities (Fes & Meknes), it's enough if he obtains them from Meknes, because these records cover his entire national records in Morocco, i exclude the NVC needing both records from both cities, maybe they lost the recs or maybe they found errors in names,dates,etc.., or maybe it's a red tape.

Below is a picture of the exterior of the subsidiary of Ministry of Justice, i drove across that and took the picture, please share it with your husband. Good Luck

svt99l.jpg

Thanks for the picture, where is this office located? I actually contacted the US Consulate and they told me the same thing. We submitted the correct documents. I resubmitted the document and now it's up to NVC to review the file and move our case along. All we can do now is wait.

Timeline

Thanks for the picture, where is this office located? I actually contacted the US Consulate and they told me the same thing. We submitted the correct documents. I resubmitted the document and now it's up to NVC to review the file and move our case along. All we can do now is wait.

The office is located here in Casablanca, I'm glad you contacted the consulate, i suggest that you email the NVC. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Which doctor did you use for medical examination and how much did it cost?

thank you

I used Doctor Khadija Zirari, it costed me 1685 dirhams = around $198 that included everything ( blood-test, shots and chest x-ray) the chest- x-ray is done at another cabinet located 15 minutes (walking) from the doctor's office, it takes patience because your husband has to wait for the x-ray result which takes 2 hours, it's very preferable to be at the Dr's at 8:30am to save time as your comes from Fes, right? so he can catch the train or bus in late afternoon to go back home , well the Dr comes in at 9 am or 9:15am, then she asked me for the

copy of my ID and 3 photos (visa-styled photos) and gave me a receipt that shows what type of blood-tests applicable for me, in fact the laboratory where they do the blood-test is located above her office (upper floor), when arrived, i showed the receipt to the receptionist, she charged me 200 dirhams and asked me to have a seat and wait, i waited 15 minutes, then was called to do the blood-test, i did it, but they didn't give me the blood-test result, in fact, they send the result inside a sealed envelope to the Dr when they tests are done, so i went back down to the Dr's office, i had to wait a little bit (10 or 15 minutes) because she was serving other people, i told her that they took my blood, then she wrote to me another receipt for chest x-ray and gave me the business card of the x-ray laboratory that has a little map of the address, so as a resident of Casablanca i had no problem finding it easily unlike people who come from other cities, i took a cab to save time, when arrived, i paid 40 dirhams which is the cost of the x-ray, i had to wait 30 or 40 minutes as there were a lot of people before me, in short, it took me 1 hours to do the x-ray, but no result, they make you wait 2 hours to get the x-ray result and take it with you to the Dr's office ( i did the x-ray at 10am and came back to pick up the result at 12pm), while waiting, i did some personal errands unrelated to the medical examination! So, after giving the Dr the x-ray result she asked me to take a seat and wait, i had to wait for another hours, then she asked me for my passport, and wanted me to pay her 1645 dirhams, which i did, and had to wait again another 20 minutes then she called me to come in the examination room, she measured my height and weigh and looked deeply in my eyes , lips, overall, and asked me to lay back on the little bed , then did the vaccination shots in my right & left arms, then i asked me to go take a seat, i waited 20 or 30 minutes until she gave me the sealed envelope containing the medical examination result that i should take with me to the consulate on the day of my interview, i asked the doctor is everything ok, she said yes you're good to go.

That was exactly how my medical examination experienced went, please have your husband take extra money with him, we never know if there has been new charges or something like that, i wish you best luck and visa issued ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I used Doctor Khadija Zirari, it costed me 1685 dirhams = around $198 that included everything ( blood-test, shots and chest x-ray) the chest- x-ray is done at another cabinet located 15 minutes (walking) from the doctor's office, it takes patience because your husband has to wait for the x-ray result which takes 2 hours, it's very preferable to be at the Dr's at 8:30am to save time as your comes from Fes, right? so he can catch the train or bus in late afternoon to go back home , well the Dr comes in at 9 am or 9:15am, then she asked me for the

copy of my ID and 3 photos (visa-styled photos) and gave me a receipt that shows what type of blood-tests applicable for me, in fact the laboratory where they do the blood-test is located above her office (upper floor), when arrived, i showed the receipt to the receptionist, she charged me 200 dirhams and asked me to have a seat and wait, i waited 15 minutes, then was called to do the blood-test, i did it, but they didn't give me the blood-test result, in fact, they send the result inside a sealed envelope to the Dr when they tests are done, so i went back down to the Dr's office, i had to wait a little bit (10 or 15 minutes) because she was serving other people, i told her that they took my blood, then she wrote to me another receipt for chest x-ray and gave me the business card of the x-ray laboratory that has a little map of the address, so as a resident of Casablanca i had no problem finding it easily unlike people who come from other cities, i took a cab to save time, when arrived, i paid 40 dirhams which is the cost of the x-ray, i had to wait 30 or 40 minutes as there were a lot of people before me, in short, it took me 1 hours to do the x-ray, but no result, they make you wait 2 hours to get the x-ray result and take it with you to the Dr's office ( i did the x-ray at 10am and came back to pick up the result at 12pm), while waiting, i did some personal errands unrelated to the medical examination! So, after giving the Dr the x-ray result she asked me to take a seat and wait, i had to wait for another hours, then she asked me for my passport, and wanted me to pay her 1645 dirhams, which i did, and had to wait again another 20 minutes then she called me to come in the examination room, she measured my height and weigh and looked deeply in my eyes , lips, overall, and asked me to lay back on the little bed , then did the vaccination shots in my right & left arms, then i asked me to go take a seat, i waited 20 or 30 minutes until she gave me the sealed envelope containing the medical examination result that i should take with me to the consulate on the day of my interview, i asked the doctor is everything ok, she said yes you're good to go.

That was exactly how my medical examination experienced went, please have your husband take extra money with him, we never know if there has been new charges or something like that, i wish you best luck and visa issued ASAP.

Thank you, just read reply.

• 9 months later...
Timeline

Update - I am not sure how to close these topics but I wanted to thank all that replied and offered suggestions. Big shout out to SarAyouBliss. Sending that picture was so helpful because I new that we had gone to the right place to get documentation without a doubt. In any case, we made it through the process the 1st time around and it took about 7 months after submitting our application. My hubby's been in the States for over 7 months now..wow, time goes by fast when you're having fun. We are having an awesome time and thank you all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.