julian david

Advance Parole

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I got my Employment Authorization Card with Advance Parole I-512 in June of 2012, then I flew back to my country 3 weeks ago on October 15 and got back to the United States 2 days ago, but in my passport they put a seal that I would understand it to say that I can't go back to my country again until next year on October 14, but I'm not sure if that's what it really means, I would highly appreciate if somebody explains it to me if I want to go back to my country again in December what could I do, is that possible? I would thank any help and information.

Thanks.

You'll have to give more details of what was stamped and written in your passport, and what was said to you - but at first impression, it sounds like you might just be misunderstanding the meaning of that date. Usually advance parole is valid for multiple trips abroad and reentries to the US. When you re-enter the US with advance parole you are given a stamp with a date that you're "paroled until", which is usually 1 year from the date of entry. This period is how long you're allowed to remain in the U.S. (of course in most cases before that year expires your adjustment of status will be complete, so you'll have a green card and that date won't matter any more). i.e. You may remain in the U.S. until October 14 2013, but you can certainly leave on another trip before then if you like, and you should have no problems coming back as long as your advance parole is still valid (or you have a green card).

Edited by hmh33

Spouse-based AOS from out-of-status H-1B, May - Aug 2012

Removal of conditions, Aug - Nov 2014

Filed: Timeline

Oh, okay. That's your I-94 Arrival/Departure record for re-entry into the US. It just means that you have been authorized to come in and out of the US until October 14th of next year. You are free to travel back and forth without a problem. The next time that you re-enter the US using your AP you will not have to fill out a new I-94 because this one will still be valid.

For security reasons I have hidden the post with the image so your personal details aren't out there on the web.

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You have been given erroneous information. Here is what you need to know:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/820/kw/permanent%20resident/sno/1

but I'm not a U.S. permanent resident, I don't have my green card yet.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Julian (or anyone else who may want to chip in!)

Did you ahve any probelms in Bogotá with the airline or Migracion Colombia when showing them the combo EAD/AP instead of a visa?

Edited by 2013immigrant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.