Scott & Maylene

LIMA, PERU

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

My amor received her paperwork (packet 3 & 4) and I am very confussed. It seams she received paperwork for the "IMMIGRANT" visa and not the K fiance(e) "NONIMMIGRANT" visa. They send to her;

1. Instructions

2. DS-230 (2)

3. Medical

The instructions say the fee is $380 for each applicant (her and her daughter). It should be $100 each applicant. A K visa is concidered nonimmigrant. I am very confussed. They did not send form DS-156 and DS-156k as I was expecting! They also say the $380 fee can be paid the day of interview and they do not indicate anything that needs to be submitted before the interview. I am sorry to carry on but from what I have read this is completely WRONG! Please help. I am very confussed.

Thanks,

Scott

Maylene & Scott Nottingham

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

All consulates treat K visas as immigrant visas and use immigrant forms such as DS-230. The K visas are technically non-immigrant visas but ultimately they are coming to the USA with immigration intent so will do immigration paperwork, and the visa is handled by the immigration unit at the consulate.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1326.html

A Fiancé(e) Is Also an Immigrant

Because a fiancé(e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry an American citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty....html#Immigrant

Forms DS-156 and DS-156K typically get sent in package 4 the invitation packet. Packet 3 typically has check list (DS-2001) instructions and form DS-230

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
All consulates treat K visas as immigrant visas and use immigrant forms such as DS-230. The K visas are technically non-immigrant visas but ultimately they are coming to the USA with immigration intent so will do immigration paperwork, and the visa is handled by the immigration unit at the consulate.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1326.html

A Fiancé(e) Is Also an Immigrant

Because a fiancé(e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry an American citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty....html#Immigrant

Correct but why have others recieved a different paket for the K visa? Any clue?

And Lima sends Packet 3 and 4 together :unsure:

Edited by Scott & Maylene

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Correct but why have others recieved a different paket for the K visa? Any clue?

And Lima sends Packet 3 and 4 together :unsure:

Strange that they did that, then again it seems that ever consulate like to do things a little different from the others. The consulate web site in Lima is not as helpful as in other countries ( http://lima.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html ). I would look at the FAQ here on VJ and prepare the usual forms.

They can be found here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

The VJ FAQ is very useful for preparing them: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html

Hopefully someone who has delt with Peru will also shed some light on this.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Have they already set an interview date in the packets you received?

Maybe you should download Forms DS-156 and DS-156K and bring them with you to interview.

Stange but they sent a second paket with the DS-156 and 156k, etc.... and the interview date is still December 1st. :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Yes. all K Visas go through the Immigrant Visa section at the Embassy. We had instructions to download DS-156 from the internet, as it is not included in the Packet 3/4, and take it to the interview. Also, we had nothing to submit prior to the interview, but we filed for a K-3, so I´m not sure if that made any difference. Others that have filed recently for the K-1 were told to submit the I-179 (Datos Biograficos) before the interview.

Congratulations on your interview date!!!

I will do some work on the Embassy information page for Peru, as I just completed my experience there. Please feel free to ask me anything.

(L) Tracy

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Timeline

Congratz to you and Luis. Do you have any idea if the consulate in Lima looks at current earnings or only 2005 tax return. This year (2006) has been much better then 2005. :blush:

Thanks,

Scott

Yes. all K Visas go through the Immigrant Visa section at the Embassy. We had instructions to download DS-156 from the internet, as it is not included in the Packet 3/4, and take it to the interview. Also, we had nothing to submit prior to the interview, but we filed for a K-3, so I´m not sure if that made any difference. Others that have filed recently for the K-1 were told to submit the I-179 (Datos Biograficos) before the interview.

Congratulations on your interview date!!!

I will do some work on the Embassy information page for Peru, as I just completed my experience there. Please feel free to ask me anything.

(L) Tracy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

They took all 3 of my past tax returns, but did not specify that they needed all 3. All my I-134 documentation was put together, and they just took the whole package I had prepared.

I´m under the impression that current income weighs a bit more heavily for the I-134 requirements than the past tax return information.

Hope this helps a little!

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.