Sveta & Ron

medical exam

18 posts in this topic

seem weird no section on vj for medical maybe be good ideal? anyway sveta has her medical exam on monday what i like ask anyone knows how much the shots would be should she need them? i am also asking her to make sure she has the ones needed for aos so not need find doctor once she gets here and any ideal what cost would be ? yesterday i talk with translator we use he makes me sick sometimes he always try use ukraine dishonest people as way get more money as i know the exam is 125.00 he tries say once there could be more i feel only more if she is missing something and per her mother she has everything ukraine tells a 30 year old girl should btw her mom is retired nurse anyone have ideal extra cost if any

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Read EVERYTHING that is available! http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/iv-medical.html----Vaccinations are not included in the medical fee if they are needed/requested. The cost for each vaccination is different, there is no flat rate for every vaccination. If it is known what vaccinations are missing the clinic has a phone number and an email address if you want to know the exact cost of a vaccination.

"All immigrant visa and K visa applicants, regardless of age, must have a medical exam. It can be done only in Kyiv at the following address:

Clinic for Oil-Refining Industry of Ukraine

8, Mykoly Amosova St.

Kyiv, Ukraine

Telephone: +38-044-270-2709

E-mail address: clinicanafta@rambler.ru or iomkievmhd@iom.int

The Clinic performs medical examinations Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. by appointment only. Please schedule an appointment in advance by phone 044 270 27 09. The results of the medical examination are given to the applicants at 3 p.m. on the day of the appointment.

The fee for a medical exam is not more than $125 per person, excluding the vaccination fee for adults and children. The clinic accepts payments for medical exam and vaccination fees in Ukrainian Hryvnya only. Temporarily, the fees can be paid at the address: 8 Mykhaylivska street.

Each applicant must present the following documentation:

International passport (for children below age 16 – travel document of a child with photo or a passport of mother/father with a child’s photo)

3 full frontal view photographs 50 x 50 mm

Military service card

Vaccination chart with the seal of the issuing clinic (mandatory for immigrants, optional for K visa applicants)

Embassy case number

Fees

Applicants 15 years of age and older: $125 USD.

Applicants under 14: $110 USD.

The cost of a medical exam for the newly adopted children of U.S. citizens under 14: $110 USD and 15 years of age and older: $125 USD.

These are the basic fees for medical examination. Should examinees require additional tests performed or vaccinations administered, they will be charged for these separately.

Vaccination Requirement

(For immigrants only, not for K visa applicants)-- (BUT FOR AOS is the same)

Recent changes to US immigration law now require immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations on behalf of immigrant visa applicants are now required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirements, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

Mumps

Tetanus

Influenza type B (H1B)

Influenza

Measles

Diphtheria

Hepatitis B

Rubella

Varicella (Chickenpox)

Polio

Pertussis (Whooping Cough)

Pneumococcal

In order to assist the panel physician and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician's review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you given your age, medical history, and current medical condition.

The validity of the medical examination is one year. If there is a tuberculosis condition, the medical exam is only valid for six months".

Timeline

AOL search "cost of vaccinations" http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/awardees/vaccine-management/price-list/index.html

Scroll down to "adult vaccine price list", this is an idea of what they cost in the USA, as you will see the prices are different for most of them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

no idea what the price is if she had done during exam in kiev

Less than in the US, I bet.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

The only one who can give you the exact cost is the clinic,even members who have had vaccinations there recently might not have the cost as of today-- it is the Ukraine :rofl: And unless you know which vaccinations she needs you would need to ask the cost of every possible vaccination. Email or call the clinic, email took the clinic 3 days to return a question I had. Now it being Saturday there who knows if the clinic is open, a call on Monday seems the only answer at this point. Send her with a few hundred UAH and she should be fine.

As Barron said, it will be cheaper there and time not spent looking for a civil surgeon here who will not want charge you to do another full medical exam!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

no idea what the price is if she had done during exam in kiev

I have no idea. My wife and two sons went to their regular doctor well before the medical exam, got their medical records and updated any vaccines they needed (Sergey needed 1 vaccine) for FREE. Ukraine has socialized medicne and it is FREE at their regular doctor. The doctor gives a record of the vaccine and you take those to the medical exam and have them transcribed onto a DS-3025 which she brings with her and you send with the AOS. This avoids the need for the I-693 or ANY additional expense for vaccines/AOS.

It is something you do while you are waiting for the NOA2.

Incidentally, Alla and the boys still get their dental work done, eye exams, buy contact lenses (very cheap), etc. during our visits to Ukraine (usually two times per year) all for very little cost. All of the routine medical checks not covered by our insurance, they do there for free or very low cost.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

seem weird no section on vj for medical maybe be good ideal? anyway sveta has her medical exam on monday what i like ask anyone knows how much the shots would be should she need them? i am also asking her to make sure she has the ones needed for aos so not need find doctor once she gets here and any ideal what cost would be ? yesterday i talk with translator we use he makes me sick sometimes he always try use ukraine dishonest people as way get more money as i know the exam is 125.00 he tries say once there could be more i feel only more if she is missing something and per her mother she has everything ukraine tells a 30 year old girl should btw her mom is retired nurse anyone have ideal extra cost if any

VJ has a section for US consulates plus the regional forum where good stuff like Phil and Alla posted is available. Medical exams are consulate specific, so are vaccine requirements. It would be impossible for VJ to have a forum on a subject that varies so widely, thats what regional forums and the consulate websites are for. EVERYTHING you need to know about this process is available online in a few clicks from the official source. USCIS or US Consulate websites. Or from asking questions here at VJ.

If your questions throughout are focused on "when will my petition be approved?" then you will know nothing that you need to know and nothing that you want to know.

Your next step is AOS, you should have everything prepared for that by now, the DS 3025 would be the last piece (and the marriage certificate) You should have formulated your plan for how to get the marriage certificate quickly after the wedding by now, it may mean hand delivering something and waiting while they produce a certificate...or waiting several weeks. That is what you need to know now. Check with the officials where you will get your marriage license.

When Alla arrived, in 8 days we had her SSN, added her to the bank account, enrolled her in school, signed the papers for her private education grant, our son enrolled in school, started driving lessons, added her to medical insurance, got the marriage license, got married and had stamped marriage certificates in our hands ready to file AOS. Waiting longer only delays your wife's benefits. Within ONE WEEK we had everything needed for the AOS including evidence of a married relationship, joint bank account, documents showing common address, joint insurance, etc.

The easy part is over.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Less than in the US, I bet.

You are correct. FREE if she had done it earlier at her regular doctor. The advice above is good. Send her with a a few hundred UAH and you will be good to go and you will not get a better deal here. AND if you have it done here you need a blood sucking Civil Surgeon to sign off on the I-693 form. Add that to the cost

Gary And Alla

Timeline

good news sveta had her med exam today and was told she was good to go even had the vacs for aos just need visa now

Doesn't matter what she was TOLD.

Does she have a DS3025 completed, signed off by a panel physician and the BOX CHECKED which indicates "vaccinations complete"

THAT is what you need to submit with the AOS paperwork. The medical clinic in Kiev does this for free, I undersatnd the Moscow clinic charges a small fee (worth it)

Without that form signed by a PANEL PHYSICIAN you will need to get a Civil Surgeon in the USA to sign off on the I-693 verifying that she has all her vaccines.

If she does NOT have this, then ask her to go back and get it. Someone saying you are "good to go" does not make her "good to go"...except that she would not need any other vacines, just a signature of a CS, and that will cost you. If you think immigration attorneys are parasites, it is because you have not met a Civil Surgeon.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

she was given all her medical docs and x-rays to bring for aos

DS-3025 If she does NOT have this, then ask her to go back and get it.

This is very important. Trust us.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

she was given all her medical docs and x-rays to bring for aos

She does not need x-rays.

This is simple. VERY simple. She NEEDS a DS-3025 filled out and SIGNED by a PANEL PHYSICIAN at the medical clinic which states VACCINATIONS COMPLETE.

NOTHING else will do, NOTHING else is needed. I am not guessing.

If you do not have this you will need to get an I-693 form completed by a Civil Surgeon in the USA. This will cost you, vaccines or not. The cost of the vaccines, here or there is minimal compared to what Civil Surgeons charge.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.