Safety Chick

221g - not happy Jan!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

so just had my interview, went to the 1st window and the lady alerted me I wont be approved today because: 1. I did the translations of the documents by myself- I argue that according to the USC website I'm allowed to do it. she said its up the the other officer to decide...

2. I didn't have a change name cert when I change my last name- I told the lady that in Australia you don't get those..she said again that its up to the officer to decide...

when I was called to the interview we discussed the change name cert... the guy went around and asked another lady about it, lucky I brought my Aust citizenship cert because when she saw it she said its fine...lucky! but in the end after going around and trying to find info the guy said I will still need to translate my documents by a 3rd party, I asked him if its fine that my brother will do it and he said yes as long as he is able to....

so frustrating.......but at least I can sort this within 1 day... he said I can pdf and send them by email which will make the process faster.

Hopefully it will be a quick fix! At least you were able to solve one issue right there! :thumbs:

I've noticed that the catch all, CYA phrase that keeps popping up is "It's up to the CO's discretion". I totally understand that they have the final say, but it seems like some COs make decisions that are, or can be, direct opposite of USIC policies or procedures found on their website. How can you prepare for this long journey using the information available to us when COs can bend these policies and procedures on a case-by-case basis?

Timeline

This is so frustrating :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

The Embassy won't even answer my e-mails where I request an update in regards to my visa progress.... they already have what they need since last Thursday 11th of October

Edited by Safety Chick

This is so frustrating :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

The Embassy won't even answer my e-mails where I request an update in regards to my visa progress.... they already have what they need since last Thursday 11th of October

I think you might be in for a bit of a wait

If our case is any indication (and our cases seem very similar) a 221g puts you in yet another queue (the "reconsideration" queue) that can lose you valuable time.

For instance:

Shirezu got the interview & approval on Oct 9 and the "visa issued" email on Oct 11

We got the interview+221g on Oct 2, returned the requested information on the very same day, and *just* got our visa issued email today, Oct 16

If that holds true for you (not necessarily so because they might have just been backed up) it could be Oct 23 till you get your visa issued email

I hope it's not that long! Hang in there!

--Daniel

Timeline

I think you might be in for a bit of a wait

If our case is any indication (and our cases seem very similar) a 221g puts you in yet another queue (the "reconsideration" queue) that can lose you valuable time.

For instance:

Shirezu got the interview & approval on Oct 9 and the "visa issued" email on Oct 11

We got the interview+221g on Oct 2, returned the requested information on the very same day, and *just* got our visa issued email today, Oct 16

If that holds true for you (not necessarily so because they might have just been backed up) it could be Oct 23 till you get your visa issued email

I hope it's not that long! Hang in there!

--Daniel

Thanks mate..hopefully it's before that. Would love to spend my 4th wedding anniversary with my hubby which is on 25th of October.

At the rate that I'm hassling them(and believe me I can be very persistent) it might happen sooner

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.