ascorpiana

Interview Time

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay I'm not sure I'm even doing this right but here goes. Well finally I just got an email with my Interview time which is November 5th in Montreal......so I'm excited beyond belief. Ah but the question for the experts ....

After finally submitting the last requirements a month ago the case at NVC New Hampshire was completed. I was waiting at that point to receive an email or something and after two weeks decided to call as per numerous comments on visajourney. AH ha the lady told me the case was completed on September 12th and I had no interview appt yet and was to call her back after Oct 18th. For whatever reason I dialed into our joint email to check and presto there was my 5 page pdf document saying i had an interview. I called my husband and could barely speak i was so excited. We went through it together and he said did you receive a packet 3 or 4 (he remembered that most people get this and then the interview)---No I said. It just tells me to bring the results of my medical exam, photographs (yet again) and my passport.

So to the experts ..(and let me say thank you to everyone who documents their steps it really makes the journey less lonely :) ) (a) the only other step it said was "for additional interview information and document preparation guidelines please visit the U.S. Embassies, Consulates and Diplomatic Mission website, www.usembassy.gov and select CANADA:Montreal

?ok so what am i looking for

(b) how does a packet 3 or 4 arrive normally mail, email?

© i think i read someplace there was a doctor's group in Toronto. will need to revisit ( my old laptop crashed and all my documents that were not in an email as well are lost forever and pictures.......oh that's another topic, haha)

ANYWAY can anyone guide me? I've got now less than a month to arrange the medical, book a train and hotel and time off at work and to really get myself organized. Help, I'm so excited.

Okay I'm not sure I'm even doing this right but here goes. Well finally I just got an email with my Interview time which is November 5th in Montreal......so I'm excited beyond belief. Ah but the question for the experts ....

After finally submitting the last requirements a month ago the case at NVC New Hampshire was completed. I was waiting at that point to receive an email or something and after two weeks decided to call as per numerous comments on visajourney. AH ha the lady told me the case was completed on September 12th and I had no interview appt yet and was to call her back after Oct 18th. For whatever reason I dialed into our joint email to check and presto there was my 5 page pdf document saying i had an interview. I called my husband and could barely speak i was so excited. We went through it together and he said did you receive a packet 3 or 4 (he remembered that most people get this and then the interview)---No I said. It just tells me to bring the results of my medical exam, photographs (yet again) and my passport.

So to the experts ..(and let me say thank you to everyone who documents their steps it really makes the journey less lonely :) ) (a) the only other step it said was "for additional interview information and document preparation guidelines please visit the U.S. Embassies, Consulates and Diplomatic Mission website, www.usembassy.gov and select CANADA:Montreal

?ok so what am i looking for

(b) how does a packet 3 or 4 arrive normally mail, email?

© i think i read someplace there was a doctor's group in Toronto. will need to revisit ( my old laptop crashed and all my documents that were not in an email as well are lost forever and pictures.......oh that's another topic, haha)

ANYWAY can anyone guide me? I've got now less than a month to arrange the medical, book a train and hotel and time off at work and to really get myself organized. Help, I'm so excited.

Packet 3 is for K1 visa applicants. Ignore this as you're an IR-1/CR-1 applicant.

Packet 4 is the interview letter, and you apparently have received this already!

And yes, before the interview in November, you need to get a medical done. There are a few available: Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal. Pick the best one for you and get it done. Make sure you bring the medical results with you to the interview.

Besides the medical, all you have to do is prepare for the interview (make sure you have all documents needed) and sign up for DHL/Loomis on the CSC site (found here: http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome). Once you've signed up, print out the applicant summary page as you NEED proof of DHL sign-up. If you don't have this at the consulate, they will NOT let you through the doors.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Cool. I sort of figured as much but needed to hear from an expert :). I did sign up for the loomis courier. Tomorrow I'll call the physician group in Toronto. I'm 3/4 prepared just have a little more organization to do. According to the email i received I basically only need to bring the medical and my passport every other item has the "letter" associated with it tha that's one way or another completed.

Thanks so much for the taking the time to respond. Your notes have been great.

I'm a tad nervous to some degree but another part of me thinks just go with the flow.......We're a very middle aged couple so we've certainly tried to figure out what is best for the younger ones involved. I'm more worried about finding new digs i'll like so we can begin new memories and obtaining a job with hopefully so sort of benefits. It's quite expensive to purchase benefits.....I can't wait until the US has a universal healthcare in swing like we have with the Ministry of Health.

i'm going to hunt the notes for a hotel.

((((HUGS)))))

Cool. I sort of figured as much but needed to hear from an expert :). I did sign up for the loomis courier. Tomorrow I'll call the physician group in Toronto. I'm 3/4 prepared just have a little more organization to do. According to the email i received I basically only need to bring the medical and my passport every other item has the "letter" associated with it tha that's one way or another completed.

Thanks so much for the taking the time to respond. Your notes have been great.

I'm a tad nervous to some degree but another part of me thinks just go with the flow.......We're a very middle aged couple so we've certainly tried to figure out what is best for the younger ones involved. I'm more worried about finding new digs i'll like so we can begin new memories and obtaining a job with hopefully so sort of benefits. It's quite expensive to purchase benefits.....I can't wait until the US has a universal healthcare in swing like we have with the Ministry of Health.

i'm going to hunt the notes for a hotel.

((((HUGS)))))

What's required for the interview:

-interview letter

-passport

-DHL/Loomis confirmation page

-medical results

-2 passport pictures

-original AOS and IV packages (if you did EP)

Optional, but recommended:

-copy of I-130 package

-NOA1 and NOA2

-print out of all NVC correspondence

-DS-261 confirmation page

-DS-260 review pages

-DS-260 confirmation page

-receipts of paid bills

-copy of AOS package

-copy of IV package

Somewhere between required and optional:

-proof of relationship evidence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.