ellaparu

Someone out here who had their CFO seminar when they were 18?

6 posts in this topic

To be honest with you, i don't even know why the Philippine government has this seminar. it's just a money making ploy in my opinion. we've spent a ridiculous amount of money on the process of getting a visa for our loved ones, waited and stressed over months at a time for the approval of our petitions and yet they have that seminar to add on to it all. i've heard from previous people who undergo the seminar that they teach non-sense skills, such as how to work the washing machine...i don't know if this is entirely true but if it is, i find it demeaning. anyhoo, this is is just a gripe of mine. i'm sure you have nothing to worry about. just answer honestly and don't let them get to you.

~*ILoveTaybear*~

USCIS

Service Center: CSC

2012-07-05: I-130 sent

2012-07-10: Arrives at Lockbox

2012-07-12: I-130 NOA1

2012-09-12: I-130 NOA2 (via text)

NVC

2012-09-27: Case number/IIN received from NVC (via email)

2012-09-27: DS-3032 email sent

2012-09-27: AOS fee Paid online (In Process)

2012-09-28: AOS status updated to PAID

2012-10-01: AOS packet sent

2012-10-02: AOS packet received

2012-10-15: AOS packet accepted

2012-10-12: DS-3032 accepted

2012-10-15: IV fee invoiced and paid (In Process)

2012-10-16: IV packet sent

2012-10-18: IV packet received

2012-10-31: Case Complete

2012-11-13: Medical completed

2012-12-06: INTERVIEW - APPROVED

2012-12-12: VISA DELIVERED

Citizenship

Service Center: Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

2012-02-09: Date filed

2012-02-11: NOA date

2012-03-13: Biometrics

2012-05-04: Interview - Passed

Oathtaking: same day! :)

I'm honestly more worried with CFO than the USEM interview. Is it true that they grill girls with questions who are 22 below? :unsure::blink:

Yes that is true because your in a age group (18-22) that has the highest rate of visa fraud, and human trafficking. Nothing to worry about, just be prepared. You will need a affidavit from your parents giving their permission for to leave the Philippines and to marry. You will need information about your fiancee. Copy of his birth cert and drivers license, if married before copy of divorce decrees, know where he works, what kind of work he does, how much he earns, his mothers maiden name, what state and city does he live. You must prepare for CFO just like the embassy interview, all the documents required for visa interview you should also take to the CFO.

I'm honestly more worried with CFO than the USEM interview. Is it true that they grill girls with questions who are 22 below? :unsure::blink:

It appears that the CFO seminar is easier now since the CFO runs the show (and PRISM and SMEF-COW have been closed down).

Is there any other option to avoid CFO? Like maybe flying to Singapore first then to USA. Just wondering.. :lol:

I've wondered the same thing.

If it's possible, then the only thing left to worry about is if they visit 'Pinas in the future using their Green Card and their Filipino passport. I wonder if they will run into trouble when they try to leave 'Pinas without a CFO sticker. There have been reports here on VJ that Green Card holders traveling on Filipino passports were not checked for a CFO sticker.

Of course, if they travel to 'Pinas using a U.S. passport, they won't have a problem. However, that means waiting to visit 'Pinas for almost four years until they get their U.S. citizenship and their U.S. passport.

As Mimi and Gary said...always be prepared. I agree!!! :thumbs:

Edited by Tahoma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was asking the same question too. Hahaha

09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS

10/17/13- Sent AOS,EAD,AP

10/21/13- Noa1 (EAD and AP)

10/23/13- Noa1 (Green card)

11/19/13- Biometrics Appointment

12/1413- EAD and AP approved (card in production)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.