Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

really quick question........ HELPS ME!!!! THKS peoples

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

got approved DHS, doing the on-line DS-260 ( I am the petitioner, in the US) it says they want her name (My wife who is in mexico)

"Help: Surnames,Enter all surnames as listed in your passport or travel documentation. If only one name is listed, enter that as your surname."

Do i use her OLD name? We are married so her name is different, but she is not able to get her passport or travel documents changed.

We have always used her New NAme for obvious reasons, becasue we are married and that is her name. Why would they ask for her old name now?

Thanks ....Brad....Helps meeeeee

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

Use the name that is on her official documentation. If it is her married name, then use that. If it is still in her maiden name use that. The green card has to be issued in the same name as is in the passport. She needs to have her travel identification and her visa in the same name. The best thing would be for her to get her passport in the name she wants to use in the visa but the two do have to agree.

If you look on official government ids you will find that they have some sort of serial number or unique identifier. That is the number they want - the unique number that is assigned to her in her passport. I don't know what the Mexican passport looks like, but on the US passport (to give you an idea) it is printed on the top right of the photo ID page under where it says 'passport number'.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...