RosyAgramonte

Visa Approved Today!!! But.....

6 posts in this topic

Had our interview today in Santo Domingo D.R Everything went super smooth until the very end. We were together in the interview and then I was asked to step outside so that the agent can talk to my husband alone. I think it was only like 5 minutes but for me it seemed like 30min atleast lol. I was soo nervous After those 5min I was called to go back and then the agent asked my husband to step outside. She then asked me the same questions as my husband and was checking off the answers to all her questions on her paper. Thank GOD they were all right they all matvhed although I don't see why they wouldnt since this relationship is for reals and there's no need to lie about anything. Once she was done she had the green slip infront of her but all ofa sudden she tells us. I am so sorry but there is a block administrative and some information seems that has not been cleared out in the system yet and I am not able to override it. I started freaking out and getting worried thinking only but the worst. So I asked what does that mean??? She said Oh don;t worry your relationship is real you did nothing wrong I will approve the visa so you can still go to Domex and pay but he will not receive anything until this is cleared out also mentioned don't worry this is actually very common since there are so many cases right now. I asked her how long it would take so that I can plan to stay longer here and call work but she said it can actually take up to a month no more than that. So we went to pay domex they did not take his passport since the case technically was not completed and since that is done they will call him so that he can go back and present his passport.

So I'm going to have to go back to California by myself and wait until all this clears out so that my hubby can join me there. I really wanted to leave together so I guess there will be some changes in our plans. But atleast I should be happy that the visa was approved right?

Does anyone have any advice?? Is there anywhere I can call or check to see the status of this problem??? Do I call NVC? the US Consulate here in the Dominican? or what do I do??? Any help is extremely appreciated I want to take care of this as soon as possible so that we can leave together soon.

Rosy and Jose Luis <3

Administrative Processing

The Department of State is committed to facilitating legitimate travel and providing prompt and courteous service. At the same time, we must ensure that applicants are both qualified for the visa and do not pose a security risk to the United States. Applicants sometimes require additional screening to determine whether they are eligible for the visa. The term “administrative processing” refers to various additional checks that must be done before their visas can be issued.

Yes, but what specifically does administrative processing mean?

Administrative processing does NOT mean that the U.S. government has identified the applicant as a security risk. Many factors can trigger these checks. For security reasons, the consular officer will not be able to provide specific information regarding what additional checks are to be performed. In some cases, the consular officer may need to request additional information from the visa applicant.

How long will it take?

Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview, but the timing can vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. The Department of State is continuously working to improve processing and expedite visas and we appreciate your patience.

What’s the next step?

The procedures can vary by embassy and consulate, but usually the consular section will contact the applicant once the administrative processing is complete. If 60 days have passed since your interview and you still have not received your visa, you can contact the consular section to inquire about your case sending an e-mail to the Public Liaison Hub. Please provide all the relevant information you can, including your name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, and when you applied for your visa.

How can I ensure that I receive my visa in time for travel?

Apply as early as possible! Many applicants wait until the last minute to apply for their visas. In order to ensure that you receive your visa in time for your trip, please apply as soon as possible. That way, if your case requires administrative processing, it is less likely to interfere with your travel plans.

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/administrative_processing.html

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

First of all congrats on the approval!!! Keep your eyes on the prize!!

MrTee gave you some good advice there, so hang tight and he will be home soon!! :star:

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

Thanks but honestly I don't know if this or being denied is worse :( I'm so frsutrated and I don't know what I should do :(

First of all congrats on the approval!!! Keep your eyes on the prize!!

MrTee gave you some good advice there, so hang tight and he will be home soon!! :star:

thank you. I really hope so.. trying to keep positive but its hard :(

Congratulations! :thumbs: he will be home soon.

Rosy and Jose Luis <3

Thanks but honestly I don't know if this or being denied is worse :( I'm so frsutrated and I don't know what I should do :(

OOOOOOOOO trust me....being denied is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy worse. Once you are denied you have to wait for the CO in Dr to return your case back to USCIS (and only Lord knows when they decide to return it....mine took 5 months for them to return) then you have to wait for USCIS to receive it which tipically is about 2 months after it is sent and then you have to wait about 6 months for USCIS to review your case. And after all this wait then you have 30 days to reply back to USCIS once they write or communicate to you what they need from you. If what you send satisfies the USCIS then your case will be reaffirmed and that can take about 2 months and then wait another 2-3 months for an interview.....the worse part of all is that you can still be denied a second time.

In your case...you are approved....I know that its frusterating to wait..but look at the bright side..You are APPROVED :dance: :dance: :dance:

You will see that your other half will be here with you sooner than you think.:)

God bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.