More+Muyi

Police Report in Alagbon or Local Command?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been reading that we can get the police report done in our local cities even though the instruction on the embassy website only mentions Alagbon in Lagos. My fiance lives in Ibadan so it would be easier for him to get the police report in Ibadan. I read on one of the previous posts that if you do the police report at a local command, you will need to forward it to Lagos (Alagbon) for processing. What does this mean? Would my fiance need to forward the processing to Alagbon and then pick it up there?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes u can request from any city in Nigeria. That police station request ur police report from Alagbon. U need only collect ur report.

My husband went to local and to Algabon the local has the official stamp from Algabon.

Note he will probably pay more locally so be prepared. They made my husband pay N30,000. Crazy criminals even at police stations.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

I have been reading that we can get the police report done in our local cities even though the instruction on the embassy website only mentions Alagbon in Lagos. My fiance lives in Ibadan so it would be easier for him to get the police report in Ibadan. I read on one of the previous posts that if you do the police report at a local command, you will need to forward it to Lagos (Alagbon) for processing. What does this mean? Would my fiance need to forward the processing to Alagbon and then pick it up there?

The Embassy indeed says to d it at Alagbon.

We are doing ours at the local command in Iyaganku (the only place in Ibadan that does this, we went to Eleyele first but was sent to Iyaganku).

Here is what happens, the applicant will fill the forms at Iyaganku, fingerprints, etc and they, not you, will forward it to Alagbon and you will return to pick up the completed packet at Iyaganku.

Nigeria has a national police force headquartered in Lagos and Abuja so that is where these things happen.

It's up to you, if you feel safer you can just go to Alagbon when you're in Lagos doing the medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I greatly appreciate the responses. You both cleared up a lot of my confussions. If my fiance decised to do it in Iyaganku, we will have to make sure it was processed from Alagbon. I guess the price they quote us will also determine where we get it done. People have posted in other forums that prices for police reports can be as low as N6,000.

event.png

event.png

Yes u can request from any city in Nigeria. That police station request ur police report from Alagbon. U need only collect ur report.

My husband went to local and to Algabon the local has the official stamp from Algabon.

Note he will probably pay more locally so be prepared. They made my husband pay N30,000. Crazy criminals even at police stations.

=N=30,000 for real? Even the E-passport doesn't cost that much.

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The police would still fwd it to Lagos. I did mine in Force HQ Abuja cos that's where I reside, it was then sent off to Lagos took about 4-5days I think and I paid 10K for it.

Sad thing is it expires in 3months! Mine just expired yday :( and NVC is still holding me down with their "checklist" . I'm thinking il be needing another one come my interview... Not a happy bunny about that...but it is well!

GOODLUCK!

God is love!

Filed: Timeline

The police would still fwd it to Lagos. I did mine in Force HQ Abuja cos that's where I reside, it was then sent off to Lagos took about 4-5days I think and I paid 10K for it.

Sad thing is it expires in 3months! Mine just expired yday :( and NVC is still holding me down with their "checklist" . I'm thinking il be needing another one come my interview... Not a happy bunny about that...but it is well!

GOODLUCK!

Thank you for validating my point of view.

By the way someone posted recently that Lagos took the expired PR. MIght not worth the risk though so you may want to get another one in Lagos when you are going for the interview.

Thanks once again, it's great to get validation. Waiting patiently for someone to post that they made their own appointment using USTravelDocs.Com/Ng

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.