D&Q

a bit worried

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Oh my! My hubby's interview is close approaching (Oct. 10th) and we are worried because I had sent him some documents so he can take them with him to the interview (in Lima) and he has not yet received them. I send them on September the 18, using Priority Mail International via USPS it says 6-10 days, but yea he has not received anything yet. Has anyone have this happen to them or something similar?

ROC Timeline:

August 22, 2014: Sent I-751

August 25, 2014: NOA1 received

September 5, 2014: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

September 19, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

cpa2y0ku2k8x.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I've had mail sent USPS to Serpost lost several times, including important documents. That taught me to always send important materials via DHL or FedEx. Do you have a tracking number where you can confirm that it left the US and when? Does your husband live in Lima or in the provinces (that would slow it down once it arrives in Peru)?

Is it paperwork you could scan and send instead?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Maybe because ur husband is living far from Lima, it takes time, is it a regular mail or certified?

What papers do you need to send him to the interview? My husband is sending his divorce certif, what else?

Hope he get it soon, =)

Timeline

I've had mail sent USPS to Serpost lost several times, including important documents. That taught me to always send important materials via DHL or FedEx. Do you have a tracking number where you can confirm that it left the US and when? Does your husband live in Lima or in the provinces (that would slow it down once it arrives in Peru)?

Is it paperwork you could scan and send instead?

He lives in Trujillo so maybe that is why is taking long on the tracking it just says when it left which it was September 18 at 6:00p.m

It was my plane tickets but someone told me that I can just email him the initiatory email and take that instead if he doesn't receive the documents on time. Serpost is such a bad mail carrier.

Maybe because ur husband is living far from Lima, it takes time, is it a regular mail or certified?

What papers do you need to send him to the interview? My husband is sending his divorce certif, what else?

Hope he get it soon, =)

It was my plane tickets but someone told me that I can just email him the initiary email and take that instead if he doesn't receive the documents on time.

Edited by D&Q

ROC Timeline:

cpa2y0ku2k8x.png

Timeline

I would include your passport pages scanned instead of the plane tickets. That's proof of visiting. Is that what you need it for?

Yes proof of visiting. I will also include my passport with the stamps on it plus the initiatory.

ROC Timeline:

cpa2y0ku2k8x.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.