mashikhe

not having TAX return forms and Pay Stubs

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

hey everyone;

I have a simple question!

I have paid the AOS fee, and it is showing PAID as the status of payment! now I want to mail my documents to NVC! there is this problem, that I have came to the USA just 6 months ago; therefore, I don't have any TAX return forms or Pay Stubs! what should I do?! should I just attach a note that I don't have them, or there is some documentation that I need to provide?!

also my joint sponsor, has forgotten to send me his Pay Stubs! and he is not available for a while! do I really need to have his Pay Stubs?! or his W-2, TAX returns, and employment letter will do the work?!

thank you guys for you answers in advance...

hey everyone;

I have a simple question!

I have paid the AOS fee, and it is showing PAID as the status of payment! now I want to mail my documents to NVC! there is this problem, that I have came to the USA just 6 months ago; therefore, I don't have any TAX return forms or Pay Stubs! what should I do?! should I just attach a note that I don't have them, or there is some documentation that I need to provide?!

also my joint sponsor, has forgotten to send me his Pay Stubs! and he is not available for a while! do I really need to have his Pay Stubs?! or his W-2, TAX returns, and employment letter will do the work?!

thank you guys for you answers in advance...

You could (should) have filed an income tax return every year you earned money even if that money was earned outside the USA. Now you have to dig up the IRS code that states that foreign income is not taxable if below X and show you made less than X and that you were not required to file a tax return. FYI: All USC are required to file a tax return and that is why the USCIS asks for them of the USC, however; the IRS does not go after people that do not owe taxes and most people earning an income from a foriegn source do not owe taxes, but life would be much easier if you would have filed a tax return each year.

Get thee to the IRS website and dig thru the tax code so you can write a letter stating why you were not requiired to file a tax return for the last year or two or three and then prove that you meet that requirement. Other than filing your returns now that is about all you can do. Your co-sponsor must prove income sufficient to cover his household size plus your spouse. Personally I would have him order tax transcripts from the IRS as there is a chance the information he gives you is not a complete tax return--a tax transcript is a complete tax return in and of itself. The more you have to show his income the better. I would at least get his last two or three pay stubs, but that is up to you.

Good luck,

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.