yesmcgrath

Question about interview notification...

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Last week I received an online status update stating:

"On September 21, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 90 days..."

My question is... Do they update your status online to notify you once they have mailed you the (interview date) notice??

...Or can I just expect a letter in the mail without an online update.

(The reason I ask is because I have encountered some problems with mail at my apartment complex where the mailperson has mixed up people’s mail)

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

Last week I received an online status update stating:

"On September 21, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 90 days..."

My question is... Do they update your status online to notify you once they have mailed you the (interview date) notice??

...Or can I just expect a letter in the mail without an online update.

(The reason I ask is because I have encountered some problems with mail at my apartment complex where the mailperson has mixed up people's mail)

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Our online status changed to indicate that our interview had been scheduled and a letter with further info was sent to us. We received the letter a few days later.

The Journey...

2008.03.07 - Wedding in USA

2008.03.19 - I-130 application filed

2009.02.18 - Interview

2009.02.20 - Visa received

2009.03.12 - USA entry / Green Card

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010.12.14 - Filed for Removal of Conditions

2011.05.12 - 10-year Green Card received

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012.04.05 - N-400 Application for Citizenship filed

2012.08.16 - Interview

2012.11.20 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

A text/email is sent once they schedule you for an interview and dispatch the letter. But USCIS text/email notification is not very reliable. 25% of the times the applicants recieve the letters without any updates. Though frustrating, I consider it a blessing and a pleasant surprise.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lots of people report receiving the interview letter without any change to their online status, nor do they necessarily receive email or text updates.

I'm in that boat - online status has been the same for 2 months now - in line... so I'm keeping a close eye on the mailbox.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.