Ije

PHONE LOG

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As I said in my previous topics, my spouse interview is on October 31. I usually call her everyday, sometimes twice a day via rebetel. I have the records of all the call. I know one of the things they ask is about records of calls made. Please I was just wondering Rebetel call record is acceptable during the interview. Another thing I notice is that when looking at the calls, you are seeing the name of person you are calling and your own phone number. Your thoughts. Thanks.

Timeline

As I said in my previous topics, my spouse interview is on October 31. I usually call her everyday, sometimes twice a day via rebetel. I have the records of all the call. I know one of the things they ask is about records of calls made. Please I was just wondering Rebetel call record is acceptable during the interview. Another thing I notice is that when looking at the calls, you are seeing the name of person you are calling and your own phone number. Your thoughts. Thanks.

Yes Rebtel call records is acceptable, but its showing your calls to her

You also have to provide call records of her calling you as well........ My hubby uses rebtel to call me too, i will provide the call records for that and also his T-mobile records showing me calling him

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Filed: Timeline

You can use Rebtel, just make sure to not amend the printouts since its not an official record.

The other side of the coin is that you also should demonstrate outgoing calls from Nigeria.

The best way is for your SO to get records out of Nigeria, a tall order. So you'll have to offer proof of calls to you from Nigeria.

Your local USA carrier should offer you bills that you can then highlight those calls as evidence.

Good luck to all of us October people.

Timeline

On my cell bill it shows both.... my calls to him and his calls coming in to me. That's what I'm going to use along with call history from my international calling card. And gowon, what do you mean by not amending the printouts?

Timeline

There is another issue with regard to my spouse calls to me. On my phone bills, I have list of her calls to me from October 2011 through June 2012. After that, her calls are coming as unknown. I tried to sorting this issue with the phone company which they couldn't find the answer. On my own part, I have history of calls till today. Your thought.

Timeline

It's coming as unknown but is the phone number the same as the number that has the name with it?

Yes. It is the same number. However, this time it shows unknown. I don't have call history showing her recent numbers. I contacted the cell phone carrier and they were telling me that they are adhering to federal regulations. As I said, I have her call history untill June 2012.

On my cell bill it shows both.... my calls to him and his calls coming in to me. That's what I'm going to use along with call history from my international calling card. And gowon, what do you mean by not amending the printouts?

I meant no exporting it in excel and sorting it and things of that nature.

Timeline

Thanks for your input. This is what I will do. I will combine my rebetel call history with her own calls. I have bills from October 2011 through June 2012 that shows her incoming calls. After June, I don't have any because my Verizon phone was switched to prepaid. There is no bills when it come to prepaid. I supplement it with her emails. She call but it is showing as unknown number on the usage call history. Thanks.

Timeline

It's coming as unknown but is the phone number the same as the number that has the name with it?

Yes. A staff with my cell phone provider was able for figure out the reason I am seeing my spouse incoming calls as unknown. My cell phone is a prepaid account. On the 17th of each I have to deposit $50 into my cell phone account and it end on 16th of next month. I don't receive any phone bill with history of calls because it is prepaid. It is quite unfortunate that my spouse calls me on a daily basis but now I am having problem providing history of her incoming calls showing her number. I wish there is any way she can get it in Nigeria. Any suggestion is highly appreicated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is kind of a long shot but you could take a picture of the phone displaying it's number and say her passport next to it. The most they can say is it isn't good enough.

One of my bill sets had unknown , and they tried to give Joseph a hard time and he asked them how many Nigerians did they think I was talking to everyday.

Edited by NigeriaorBust

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

I am getting everything ready for my spouse upcoming interview on October 31. As I said earlier, the only issue I have is the phone record. The phone record is on her own side. I have cell phone bills showing her number from September 2011 through June 2012. I don't know if that will suffice. On my part, I have the rebetel call history from July 2011 till today. I don't have call history showing her call from July 2012 till date. I am trying to see if she can get the phone call history over there in Nigeria. Her cell phone provider is MTN. I don't know if this is possible. However, it doesn't hurt trying. Your thoughts.

I am getting everything ready for my spouse upcoming interview on October 31. As I said earlier, the only issue I have is the phone record. The phone record is on her own side. I have cell phone bills showing her number from September 2011 through June 2012. I don't know if that will suffice. On my part, I have the rebetel call history from July 2011 till today. I don't have call history showing her call from July 2012 till date. I am trying to see if she can get the phone call history over there in Nigeria. Her cell phone provider is MTN. I don't know if this is possible. However, it doesn't hurt trying. Your thoughts.

That will be a toughie as far as I know.

I read on here of a Beneficiary that actually works for one of the cell providers in Nigeria and it was difficult for them to get any record.

Even if possible I'm afraid that you're cutting it too close as Nigeria moves slow.

My reccomendation is to prepare as if you didn't have that trace.

GOod luck to all of us Octoberians and to others ahead and before us.

Timeline

Thanks for your input. Please I was just wondering if any VJ can tell me how many months record of phone call history should I provide for my spouse. I have records of calls from last year. I don't know how detail they go when it comes to phone records. Your thoughts.

Timeline

I just asked this but I don't see that it posted. Forgive me if it ends up posting twice. I'm just curious.... because I'm putting my phone records together right now, too. How many pages do you plan to provide? All of them you have or just a sampling?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.