HeidiShawn

National identification number in form DS-156?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Hello everybody!

Im bout to fill the form DS-156 on the Internet, but when I was studying the form in here, there is a place to put your "national identification number". According the Visajourney example form, there was "NONE". In Finland we do have like a national social security number; should I put that or my passport number or that "none" which is in the example form?

Thank you all for replying!! :)

Filed: Timeline

In Poland we have a national identification number as well, no "NONE" doesn't apply to us.

You can't put the passport number there.

In ss number is a national identification number in your country, you should write it there.

I know wikipedia isn't the best source for anything, but according to that site the national identification number in Finland it looks this way:

In Finland, the personal identity code (Finnish: henkilötunnus (HETU), Swedish: personbeteckning), also known as personal identification number, is used for identifying the citizens in many government and civilian systems. It uses the form DDMMYYCZZZQ, where DDMMYY is the date of birth, C is the century identification sign (+ for the 19th century, - for the 20th and A for the 21st), ZZZ is the personal identification number (odd number for males, even number for females) and Q is a checksum character. For example, a valid henkilötunnus is 311280-999J.

(...)

The number is shown in all forms of valid identification:

National ID card

Electronic national ID card (with a chip)

Driver's license (old A6-size and new credit card-size)

Passport

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identification_number

Edited by Asia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Thank you! Yeah we do have that number we use with all national stuff and transactions... But I was thinking does it apply in this case. I asked from one finnish guy who just finished this process and he just said they followed the example forms here and he remembered he just put that "none". Well but I dont think its not really matter though I guess. They cant really do anything with the number in Embassy though, cause they cant get to finnish national databases :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I put my Finnish "sotu" in that space but I guess it doesn't matter either way...

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.