cjjj

DS-3230 Email

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

After receiving the case number I emailed the DS-3230 in line with the template somewhere on this website. I only realized later that I did so from a different email than the one I gave to the officer on the phone. I emailed the DS-3230 about 4 days ago and have not heard back. Does it matter that I used a different email address? All the information (case number etc.) in the email is correct. I am really worried that this will end up slowing things down.

Timeline

I just called the NVC to ask whether they had received the DS-3230. They have not as of yet which is okay since I only emailed it 5 days ago. But what really worries me is that this was the second person at the NVC who told me that you CANNOT just send an email for the choice of agent form. They said, if anything, I have to scan and email the physical DS-3230 form with the bar code. She said I should go ahead and send that. It wouldn't matter that I already emailed them something before. Now I am really confused. I am not sure whether I should just wait since everyone here says that the email works or whether I need to send the scanned form. The worst thing for me would be to slow things down.

I just called the NVC to ask whether they had received the DS-3230. They have not as of yet which is okay since I only emailed it 5 days ago. But what really worries me is that this was the second person at the NVC who told me that you CANNOT just send an email for the choice of agent form. They said, if anything, I have to scan and email the physical DS-3230 form with the bar code. She said I should go ahead and send that. It wouldn't matter that I already emailed them something before. Now I am really confused. I am not sure whether I should just wait since everyone here says that the email works or whether I need to send the scanned form. The worst thing for me would be to slow things down.

I used this template http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form found here on this site and it worked

Be sure to also send the cover sheet. The cover sheet has the barcode they have to scan. If after 10 days they dont get back to you i would send again from the original email or call them again

Timeline

I used this template http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form found here on this site and it worked

Be sure to also send the cover sheet. The cover sheet has the barcode they have to scan. If after 10 days they dont get back to you i would send again from the original email or call them again

Thank you for your reply, but now I am even more confused. I thought the email template was exactly meant so I wouldn't need the cover sheet, as everyone seems to be sending the ds-3230 email long before the official ds-3230 sheet is even generated.

Thank you for your reply, but now I am even more confused. I thought the email template was exactly meant so I wouldn't need the cover sheet, as everyone seems to be sending the ds-3230 email long before the official ds-3230 sheet is even generated.

The cover sheet im talking about is the same one you recieved when you received your AOS bill. Just use that anytime you send an email to NVC. Did you get the AOS bill yet? You wont get the offical DS-3230 until you pay the AOS bill. So you can wait on that or you can send the template with the cover sheet you got with your AOS bill. I hope that makes sense. If not, i'll explain more tonight when i get off work

Timeline

The cover sheet im talking about is the same one you recieved when you received your AOS bill. Just use that anytime you send an email to NVC. Did you get the AOS bill yet? You wont get the offical DS-3230 until you pay the AOS bill. So you can wait on that or you can send the template with the cover sheet you got with your AOS bill. I hope that makes sense. If not, i'll explain more tonight when i get off work

I know the cover sheet you mean, but lots of people on here sent their DS-3230 following a template on here before they ever received their AOS bill. So did I. I received the AOS bill and the DS-3230 yesterday, but I had already emailed it last week, following James' shortcuts and the respective template. Could someone let me know what to do now? I am worried that it will get rejected or I won't get any reply at all. I just want to be with my husbands as soon as possible.

I know the cover sheet you mean, but lots of people on here sent their DS-3230 following a template on here before they ever received their AOS bill. So did I. I received the AOS bill and the DS-3230 yesterday, but I had already emailed it last week, following James' shortcuts and the respective template. Could someone let me know what to do now? I am worried that it will get rejected or I won't get any reply at all. I just want to be with my husbands as soon as possible.

Dont worry, you wont get rejected. If you have any doubts then follow the instructions on the DS-3032 and email it in with the signature. Then give them about a week and call them again

Timeline

Dont worry, you wont get rejected. If you have any doubts then follow the instructions on the DS-3032 and email it in with the signature. Then give them about a week and call them again

Thanks! I was just trying to be ahead of the game and sent the email before receiving the AOS bill, as many people on here suggest. I am hoping that wasn't a mistake. If I have to send it again and wait an additional week that would really ruin my chances for getting scheduled for an interview during the October round.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.