Tota

SPOUSE VISA VS FIANCE VISA

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My ex doesn't want to ever live in Yemen again because of that same reason. I can't say that he's all that open minded though. He's very religious and quite strict in that respect. I was glad that he chose a woman from his country when he remarried. American women, especially a strong willed woman like myself, is not a good fit for him and a lot of Yemeni men. It's good that you found an open minded, forward thinking man. Unfortunately they are hard to come by from that country. What do you think about the food? I miss aseed lol. I could never make it as good as my ex. I still make a lot of Yemeni food. It's much tastier than Egyptian food. More spicy. :)

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Tota. :)

Yeah I agree about it being extreme, especially the tribal people. My fiance is from Hodeidah and he definitely doesn't fit the typical Yemeni mold. He has an open mind and heart. I don't know where he gets it from because almost no one of his family is like that! He can talk all night about how frustrated he is with the "old world" people keeping Yemen in the dark ages.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

My ex doesn't want to ever live in Yemen again because of that same reason. I can't say that he's all that open minded though. He's very religious and quite strict in that respect. I was glad that he chose a woman from his country when he remarried. American women, especially a strong willed woman like myself, is not a good fit for him and a lot of Yemeni men. It's good that you found an open minded, forward thinking man. Unfortunately they are hard to come by from that country. What do you think about the food? I miss aseed lol. I could never make it as good as my ex. I still make a lot of Yemeni food. It's much tastier than Egyptian food. More spicy. :)

Aha yes I'm also sorry for hijacking your thread Tota!

Yeah... judging from the other Yemenis I have met I definitely see how unique he is. And as you probably know it's not enough to just be exposed to other cultures. I think in order to develop new or more progressive values your mind has to be open to it. He's not a strictly observant Muslim either, which helps. So I guess there is always a gem or two hidden among the rocks.

But OMG I love Yemeni food. My fiance and I lived together for almost a year so he taught me all the classics - haneeth in a pressure cooker, kapsah, shafoot, etc. It's all so good! He even showed me how to make the best sambusas ever. He loves his food spicy too, so much so he'll eat a green chili in between bites if the meal isn't hot enough for his taste >_<;; . Now I'm hungry!

Edited by Rae Anne

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you know if you can have an affivdatadfjads;lasdl support for the spouse visa??

Just to clarify. Both the I-134 and I-864 are considered affidavit of support. The difference is with the K1 you will first use the I-134 and THEN do the I-864 when you do the AOS. With the IR/CR1, you will only need to do the I-864. The I-864 happens to be the legally binding one because the green card or conditional permanent residence = the beneficiary is here. The I-134 isn't because you can always change your mind before marrying and the beneficiary has to go back to their country.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree completely. Like I said, scammers are scammers. But like you stated, it's less of a headache to then go through a divorce and still be responsible of the scammer financially (i.e. I864).

I knew in my heart everything will go well. But I admit I'm just a little more skeptical than the average person, so that's why advice the way I did. I don't take anything for granted, even love.

:thumbs:

use our hearts but be smart about it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

\

Its allll goooood... Im feeling hungry now for some shoomati bread and yemeni style fool.. mmmm :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yum...Yemeni style fuul kicks Egyptian fuul's a$$. I just thought of something else I really miss...sabaya. Holy cow is that good. I never could make it right. :crying:

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.