neodragon0l

Paying for the Visa application

9 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, there is no BPI in the area where my fiance currently works. She is stuck at work until mid-October, but I would like to move forward so there is no delay in the process. Would it be possible for another person in Manila to pay for the Visa application? This assumes that the person has the money, deposit slip, and MNL#. Does the person need to bring my fiancee's passport or other documents?

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Filed: Timeline

FYI recently the USEM-Manila make some changes before paying the visa fee..you need to download a deposit slip in their website before the BPI bank accept your payment.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

also, i'm not sure if someone is possible to make the payment on her behalf...maybe try calling the bank before doing so. BPI only ask for the passport :thumbs:

There are three ways to pay the K visa application fee:

a) Cash payment at any Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) branch

b) Online payment bill option provided by BPI to their clients

c) Online payment through Bancnet.

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately, there is no BPI in the area where my fiance currently works. She is stuck at work until mid-October, but I would like to move forward so there is no delay in the process. Would it be possible for another person in Manila to pay for the Visa application? This assumes that the person has the money, deposit slip, and MNL#. Does the person need to bring my fiancee's passport or other documents?

NO!

Your fiancee needs to go to BPI with her passport, the deposit slip from the embassy website.

You can pay your nonimmigrant visa application fee with cash or debit card at any Bank of Philippine Islands. Before going to the bank, you must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip available below on this page. Take the printed deposit slip with you to pay your fee. If you print a deposit slip in advance of the day in which you plan to make your payment, please take note of the expiration date on the deposit slip. If the expiration date passes prior to using the slip to make your payment, simply return to this site and re-click the appropriate link below to generate a new deposit slip. Bank agents will NOT accept payments based on expired deposit slips. Upon receiving of your payment, bank will issue you a receipt. Save your receipt. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.

http://ustraveldocs....paymentinfo.asp

Select the deposit slip that matches your visa application fee from the list below. Values are shown in U.S. dollars and native currency. This page has more information about the different visa application fees.

http://ustraveldocs....visafeeinfo.asp

For K-1 the fee is $240

After you have paid the visa application fee, keep the BANK receipt for your records. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.

If you have an account with either Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI) or BancNet you may choose to pay your visa application fee online using their online bill pay services. Click on either of the links below if you are a BPI or BancNet customer and wish to make an online payment.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks Hank & Fight for Love! I figured that she has to do it herself since we both do not have a BPI or a BancNet account. I guess we will just wait. I am not sure if it is still possible to get an interview appointment in November. We are hoping to celebrate Christmas together this year.

1/18/2013 - Married

Hi guys, I just want to let you know that BPI said that is ok to have someone else pay for the visa. It does not have to be the applicant or the beneficiary. As long as the receipt number on the deposit slip and the actual receipt given to you by BPI, you should be fine. We had to go back because the number on the actual receipt was cut off. This might pose some issues later on. We are good to go in terms of payment. Scheduling the interview is next and the medical exam :).

1/18/2013 - Married

yes Hank, I had the person bring a copy of the NOA2 and passport of the beneficiary. BPI is just accepting the payment anyway. The real gatekeeper who will verify the payment is the security guard at the embassy. The person has to match the passport to the beneficiary and the receipts. My fiancee and I are quarreling over the receipt. It seems the one of the numbers in the BPI receipt is cut off. The deposit slip has nine numbers and the BPI receipt has eight numbers. I told them to get the receipt reprinted. Last thing I want is re-scheduling an interview because of a single digit.

1/18/2013 - Married

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes Hank, I had the person bring a copy of the NOA2 and passport of the beneficiary. BPI is just accepting the payment anyway. The real gatekeeper who will verify the payment is the security guard at the embassy. The person has to match the passport to the beneficiary and the receipts. My fiancee and I are quarreling over the receipt. It seems the one of the numbers in the BPI receipt is cut off. The deposit slip has nine numbers and the BPI receipt has eight numbers. I told them to get the receipt reprinted. Last thing I want is re-scheduling an interview because of a single digit.

Doubt BPI will print a new receipt, seems someone had an issue a few months ago with their receipt, when all was said and done they had to use the original receipt.

Deposit slip number and receipt number will NOT be the same ... really not related. Normally the receipt number is the passport number (OK that is nine digits), there are exceptions (because of a typo), but normally the receipt number IS the passport number.

If you can not get BPI to issue a new receipt, which I am fairly sure they will not, then see if you can get them to confirm the receipt number at least. Then if you have issues with scheduling because the receipt number is not recognized try using the passport number - but only after trying the receipt number as shown.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Doubt BPI will print a new receipt, seems someone had an issue a few months ago with their receipt, when all was said and done they had to use the original receipt.

Deposit slip number and receipt number will NOT be the same ... really not related. Normally the receipt number is the passport number (OK that is nine digits), there are exceptions (because of a typo), but normally the receipt number IS the passport number.

If you can not get BPI to issue a new receipt, which I am fairly sure they will not, then see if you can get them to confirm the receipt number at least. Then if you have issues with scheduling because the receipt number is not recognized try using the passport number - but only after trying the receipt number as shown.

After thinking about it last night, I doubt that BPI will let print another receipt too since the deposit slip numbers are randomly generated on the website. FYI - the receipt number and the deposit slip have the same number. It is a nine digit number too. It's a genius system for BPI and USEM. The number is generated and if the number is used, it goes back to the randomization machine for use. The number is only used after you pay for the visa and the number is now associated to your file until USEM is finished with your file. I am sure that if anything happens, USEM can confirm that you paid, but it is different with PHL bureaucracy.

That's why it irritated me when BPI printed the receipt on the back of the deposit slip and the first number is cut off. I get a little ####### with these things since bureaucracy in general gives excuses whether to let you through or delay you. Security guards at the Embassy do not have access to a computer to verify that you paid. They rely on your receipt or else they won't let you. I made a stint about it before with my grandmother. I don't blame the guards though. With the huge foot traffic, they have to rely on whatever you are holding and a little cheat sheet they have to compare what the forms should look like (e.g. DS-160, stubs, etc.) :ot2:

1/18/2013 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.