craig_b1990

Bit of advice needed please I129f Q14

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey, I'll start with a bit of background to this situation so it's easier to understand our problem.

My fiancée (the US resident/petitioner to be) is 18. We planned on submitting our papers as I am in the USA right now, however we saw this question and didn't want to make the wrong decision with it.

Her mother has moved to a different state, and her father has a different family. Therefore she is currently living with a close family friend for the rest of the school year, as she is starting college next year and doesnt want to complicate her schooling by moving about a lot right now. Anyway, here's the problem, the person she is living with is a single mother and mother to be shortly, as well as my fiancée planning on moving out for college, but we had planned on moving into a place together because we hoped that I would have passed the visa process by this time next year.

As I mentioned, question 14 on the I129f : where does your fiance(e) intend to live.

How should this be answered in our situation? I don't plan on living where she is currently living with their family friend, mainly because I know that I wouldnt get past the guideline for the poverty line with a single mother, 2 young children, and then add me and my fiancée, as well as the fact we both planned on living in an Apartment or something near to the college together. I cannot answer this with a specific address because obviously we don't have the place set in stone because it's too far in the future. I could go live with her mother, her mother only moved away for work, not for family problems or anything like that, my only worry is that if I put her mothers address then I'm sure I would be denied because I would be living a state away from my fiancée. (it is only 3hrs drive, maximum)

Her mother is willing to be a co-sponsor on our behalf, as far as I am aware it is possible to have a co-sponsor that isn't living with us, but just has to reside within the USA.

Can anyone help me with ideas of how to complete this question?

Thank you so much, I really hope this won't block our application :(

Well my fiancé is currently living with his dad therefore he would of put that address for that question but we are planning to move out into our own place pretty soon after I move over, depending if he gets a raise in his current job or gets this better job that he has applied for. Anywho, if we are actually in our place by the time we get married and are ready to file for AOS (Adjustment of Status) then we would put our new address on those forms.

So for your case I would say to put her room mates address even if you have no intention of living there because 1. I think they'd rather see that you are going to live together (I know you are but I mean see the same address as stated earlier in the petition) and 2. Like us, if you actually have a place together by the time you move over and you guys get married and file for your AOS, I'd just wait until then to put a new address. I don't see why there would be anything wrong with that.

Yes, it is okay for the co-sponsor not to be living with you or even within the same state. They just have to be a USC or Permanent Resident.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by xXJulzXx
Removal of Conditions
CIS Office : California Service Center
Date Filed : 2015-11-14
NOA Date : 2015-11-16
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2015-12-21
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date :
Approved :
Got I551 Stamp :
Green Card Received :

Timeline

Thanks, we are considering it. We are just worried that the person who she is living with wouldn't pass the poverty line income needed for 5people in that household. In fact we know she won't pass the amount needed. Unless I'm getting confused here and the co sponsor is the one that needs to pass the poverty line, even if we don't live with the co sponsor? It would make more sense if the place we state as the likely address I would live at had to pass the poverty line + $$$.

Just don't want to make the wrong move with this question, because it's obviously an important one.

Can anyone help me with ideas of how to complete this question?

Thank you so much, I really hope this won't block our application :(

I would put

Street address: to be determined

Town: name the college town

You don't have to live with your joint sponsor. And even if you lived with another person/family (ie. The single mom) it doesn't mean they must joint sponsor you. Where you live and who you choose for a joint sponsor are not related

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I would put

Street address: to be determined

Town: name the college town

You don't have to live with your joint sponsor. And even if you lived with another person/family (ie. The single mom) it doesn't mean they must joint sponsor you. Where you live and who you choose for a joint sponsor are not related

Wow. Thanks. I didn't realise we could be that vague about it to be honest. With the attention to details in the rest of the paperwork tits a bit of a surprise, however it is the truth, about what we plan to do, I wouldn't want to say my address would be somewhere I know for a fact I will not live.

Just to clear up, is it the co sponsor that will need to pass the poverty line then? And how would that be asessed if were not living with the sponsor. I.e. would they just have to pass the single poverty line, or including my fiancée and I too, even though we wouldn't live with the co sponsor.

Thanks again, I guess I'll go ahead and fill that in asap

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Thanks, we are considering it. We are just worried that the person who she is living with wouldn't pass the poverty line income needed for 5people in that household. In fact we know she won't pass the amount needed. Unless I'm getting confused here and the co sponsor is the one that needs to pass the poverty line, even if we don't live with the co sponsor? It would make more sense if the place we state as the likely address I would live at had to pass the poverty line + $$$.

Just don't want to make the wrong move with this question, because it's obviously an important one.

But you are saying that you will use her mother as a co-sponsor, not the friend she is currently living with. You can state that the address is the one your finacee is curently at, no need to tell then who that person is or what her personal situation is or her earnings (she will not be a co-sponsor).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Wow. Thanks. I didn't realise we could be that vague about it to be honest. With the attention to details in the rest of the paperwork tits a bit of a surprise, however it is the truth, about what we plan to do, I wouldn't want to say my address would be somewhere I know for a fact I will not live.

Just to clear up, is it the co sponsor that will need to pass the poverty line then? And how would that be asessed if were not living with the sponsor. I.e. would they just have to pass the single poverty line, or including my fiancée and I too, even though we wouldn't live with the co sponsor.

Thanks again, I guess I'll go ahead and fill that in asap

The co-sponsor would need to pass the poverty line for a household of three (regardless of the fact that you are not living with her): you, your fiance and the co-sponsor. This is presuming that your co-sponsor is single and lives alone. If there are others in the household, they will also need to be included in the calculations.

Timeline

But you are saying that you will use her mother as a co-sponsor, not the friend she is currently living with. You can state that the address is the one your finacee is curently at, no need to tell then who that person is or what her personal situation is or her earnings (she will not be a co-sponsor).

Okay, just was a bit confused as to which would be assessed about the income seeing as one is who she is living with and the other is the sponsor. But that's another question cleared thanks, it will be her mother that has to prove her earnings and can pass the poverty line seeing as she is going to be the sponsor. And the person my fiancée is loving with is nothing more than just that, a "house mate" that doesnt need to be involved.

Thanks a lot guys

Yes, it's the co sponsor that needs to pass the poverty line. It doesn't matter if you don't live with her, she just has to show and prove that she makes more than enough to be able to help support you until you are able to be allowed to and find work and earn your own income.

Removal of Conditions
RFE(s) :
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date :
Approved :
Got I551 Stamp :
Green Card Received :

Timeline

Yes, it's the co sponsor that needs to pass the poverty line. It doesn't matter if you don't live with her, she just has to show and prove that she makes more than enough to be able to help support you until you are able to be allowed to and find work and earn your own income.

Thanks a lot! Her mother, the co-sponsor lives with her current husband. Should he be included in the calculations, he isn't dependant on her, but obviously lives with her. Would it be calculated for 3 or 4 people. That sounds like an obvious question, I know, but if he's not dependant on her, then should he be included.

Ank you again again and again!

Well there are two kinds of Affidavit of Support forms.

The I-134 - This is the one her mother will need to fill out for this first part of the process. This Affidavit of Support will be based only on her income.

The I-864 - This is the Affidavit of Support form that will be used when you apply for AOS and this one is based on the total household income so her husband and his income should be included within this one.

Edited by xXJulzXx
Removal of Conditions
RFE(s) :
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date :
Approved :
Got I551 Stamp :
Green Card Received :

Timeline

Well there are two kinds of Affidavit of Support forms.

The I-134 - This is the one her mother will need to fill out for this first part of the process. This Affidavit of Support will be based only on her income.

The I-864 - This is the Affidavit of Support form that will be used when you apply for AOS and this one is based on the total household income so her husband and his income should be included within this one.

The I-134 isn't needed until the time of my interview as far as I was aware from my research so far. Correct me if I'm wrong. Once approval notice has got to the uk embassy.

Just saw the edited version. That makes more sense thanks.

Edited by craig_b1990

That is correct. The I-134 and supporting evidence (to show and prove income) are taken with you to your visa interview :)

Removal of Conditions
RFE(s) :
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date :
Approved :
Got I551 Stamp :
Green Card Received :

Timeline

I can't thank everyone enough, you're all so helpful with everything, I really truly appreciate it. Im sat editing the I-129f as I speak, just need to make a few copies when printing and I think we're ready to do it! Everyone has answered anything I asked without a second thought, or judging.

Thank you all!

You're very welcome and that's what we're here for, to help one another :)

Wish you the best of luck on your visa journey :):star:

Removal of Conditions
RFE(s) :
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date :
Approved :
Got I551 Stamp :
Green Card Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.