FastTrack

I-134 with no W2's

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi I am finishing up my I-134 for my Fiancee to take to her interview in London...

some background...

my income comes from a industrial/commercial property in CA that I own and manage (50/50) with my sister. Sometime after the financial crisis in 2008 we lost our long time tenants. Our building was vacant for a year. in January 2011 we were fortunate enough to rent it out again, but we took no personal income from it in order to rebuild emergency funds that we depleted while we had no tenants, pay real estate brokers, and to make improvements to the building. Starting in january of this year(2012) we started to take personal income again. I have proof of consistent income from january through the present time in the form of bank statements and property managers statements which show money coming in and where it goes... It will show that I am to be payed 30k+ this year and for the remainder of the lease agreement from current tenant. There is a business account under our business name that shows a substantial amount as well in place for emergencies regarding the building (all of which is accessible personally by my sister and I should the need arise)... lastly I have a personal savings of approx. 20k. The building itself is worth a substantial amount with a minimal mortgage.... The property as an asset alone should put me in the clear as far as the affidavit of support form.

So my question is:

If i was to not hand in a personal W2, but include the following documents, should my fiancee be ok as far as the interview goes?

1. show my current proof of income showing 30k potential for this year and the remainder of the lease

2.my current savings account with $20k

3.my current business account with $30k

4.proof of ownership of building (as an asset)

5. reputable real estate brokers estimated opinion of value statement for the property

6. the businesses tax return for 2011 showing consistent income despite my sister and I not taking personal income from it in 2011

7. property managers notarized letter with signature stating the accuracy of provided documents from her about buildings income and my sister and I's personal income(she has been with us for 10 years)

I know its a lot of info, and that is exactly my worry.... I dont want to hand in too much, but I dont want to include too little either.... I am so very confident about everything else I have done in preparation for this but this is stressing me out.... the CO is not expected to be an accomplished accountant as well!!! haha!!!

anyhow any insight is very much appreciated! Thank you in Advance!

Edited by FastTrack

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2012-05-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-08-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-10

NVC Left : 2012-08-15

Consulate Received : 2012-08-20

Packet 3 Received : ONLINE

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-09-18

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-10-25 Submit Review

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You current and future annual income matters the most. If you're selfemployed, remember to fill the form out as being selfemployed. Here's an example; http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/339352-i-134-and-annual-income-question-for-self-employed/

While you may use the ownership of prpoerty as an asset, it is completely up to the embassy if they'll accept it as one because assets are usually thought of as something that may be turned into cash within a year. Since you are not the only owner, that may be hard to do.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.