FB14

Sent in K1 30days and still no Receipt #

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,

I sent in my K1 petition 30days ago and haven't received any receipt number and when I call the USCIS it hasn't been updated in the system. But, they definitely cashed the money order within a week after I sent my petition. Has this ever happened to anyone? This is very frustrating to me because each time I call and speak to a Tier 2 customer service rep they say different time frames. One will say 30 days then another will say 30-45 days. This isn't my first time sending in a K1 petition and both times I received a response within 1 week or less. Now let's see, they say 4-5 months to make a decision, not including the time frame waiting for a receipt number. So in all reality this is an additional month that I will have to wait. Please someone tell me if this is normal because from looking at timelines I havent come across any who waited 30days for a NOA1.

P.S. Please dont respond with any negative comments. I'm asking a question about a NOA1 only!! Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Most people get noa1 within days of mailing off their petition, so it is certainly not normal to wait 30 days. However, I've seen a few threads from people in similar situation as yours. I don't know if they eventually heard something positive from USCIS. I do hope you will hear something soon though, as I know how frustrating it must feel not knowing for sure if the petition was received.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,

I sent in my K1 petition 30days ago and haven't received any receipt number and when I call the USCIS it hasn't been updated in the system. But, they definitely cashed the money order within a week after I sent my petition. Has this ever happened to anyone? This is very frustrating to me because each time I call and speak to a Tier 2 customer service rep they say different time frames. One will say 30 days then another will say 30-45 days. This isn't my first time sending in a K1 petition and both times I received a response within 1 week or less. Now let's see, they say 4-5 months to make a decision, not including the time frame waiting for a receipt number. So in all reality this is an additional month that I will have to wait. Please someone tell me if this is normal because from looking at timelines I havent come across any who waited 30days for a NOA1.

P.S. Please dont respond with any negative comments. I'm asking a question about a NOA1 only!! Thanks.

There are a couple of people here that have had issues with that, and their NOA1 was mailed to the wrong address. I would keep calling.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the response guys. The thing about it is the USCIS says that once the money order is cashed that means that it was received. They dont have anything in the system in regards to my new receipt. All they have is my old receipt number. This is alarming to me. I'm beginning to think if something happened. And its not like they mailed anything to me because if they did then it would be updated in the system.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.