BlueSunnyDay

What a Typical RFE look like

5 posts in this topic

I recently applied I-130 along with G325A for my wife. After almost two months I got a RFE. It has two pages..

The top is a Blue page that says my name, receipt#, beneficiary's name etc and says a deadline to send the RFE back to Laguna Niguel, California.On the other side of this blue page, it has some additional Information for Applicant and Petitioner.

The second is a white page that has writing on one side only. It says:

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

*Each petition must have its own set of supporting documents in the event that multiple petitions become separated. Also, each response to a USCIS request must be accompanied by its blue I-797.

*All foreign language documents must be submitted with complete word-for-word English translations. The translator must certify that the translation is complete and accurate, and that he or she is competent to translate. Do not submit the English translation without the foreign language.

Then there is a solid line __________________________________________________________ and underneath the line it says:

FOREIGN DOCUMENT : The petitioner submitted an English version of the Nikah Nama. As such, he must submit a legible copy of the Nikah Nama in its original language.

My question is , so I just submit the copy of the Nikah Nama in my native language with the top blue page?

By the way, they also included an white envelope inside (with return address marked in RED). Looks like I need to send my evidence in that envelope. Is the postage already paid for this? Or I need to add postage to that?

I greatly appreciate your help on this...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would submit the original along with its translation again, just to be safe.

Keep copies of everything. If it doesn't say prepaid postage you have to pay the postage. Get first class USPS mail with tracking for around $2.35.

When responding to a Request for Evidence it is extremely important that you place the blue coversheet on the top of the response you send to them. The VSC receives thousands of pieces of correspondence each day, if the blue coversheet is not on the top of the response it will be placed in “general” correspondence and NOT sorted as a priority, which may delay your case.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.