^_^

Downticket Republicans distance themselves from toxic Romney

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Sen. Dean Heller ®, locked in a tight race for reelection against Rep. Shelley Berkeley in Nevada, told reporters on Capitol Hill Wednesday that he has ”very different view of the world” than his party’s presidential nominee when it comes to competing for the votes of those who do not pay income tax or receive government assistance.

“Keep in mind, I have five brothers and sisters. My father was an auto mechanic. My mother was a school cook. I have a very different view of the world,” Heller said.

Asked if he is concerned that Romney might become a drag on his own reelection effort, Heller laughed and said, “I don’t want to answer that question.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/09/19/dean-heller-distances-himself-from-mitt-romney/

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) sought to distance himself Tuesday from Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney's controversial comments that 47 percent of Americans back President Barack Obama because they are dependent on government and "believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."

"That’s not the way I view the world," Brown said in an email to The Hill. "As someone who grew up in tough circumstances, I know that being on public assistance is not a spot that anyone wants to be in.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/scott-brown-mitt-romney-47-percent_n_1894964.html

“I disagree with Governor Romney’s insinuation that 47% of Americans believe they are victims who must depend on the government for their care," McMahon [Linda McMahon, the GOP Senate candidate in Connecticut] said in a statement on her website. "I know that the vast majority of those who rely on government are not in that situation because they want to be."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/linda-mcmahon-romney-47-percent_n_1894618.html?1348001109

And the Republicans made it happen. They fcuked up a gimme election by nominating Rmoney. Republicans are good people after all. :lol:

That's what the Republicans get for listening to the commies and hippies. I guess whining works.

If it is 4 more years, then that's the fault of Republicans.

:blink: Yes. Blame the Republicans. That is all the left knows how to do.

That's what the Republicans get for listening to the commies and hippies. I guess whining works.

Oh, come on! That's weak. Like Republicans have ever listened to anyone but Rush, Glenn and Co. You guys made the calculus. Actually, the plausible talent within your party made the calculus to wait it out until 2016. So you ended up with a freak show where Mitt was seen - by Republicans - as the most plausible candidate. Your primary field was that weak. Don't go blame liberals for the nominee Republicans chose. You guys made that bed of yours, now you lay in it.

:blink: Yes. Blame the Republicans. That is all the left knows how to do.

Who else's fault would it be? The Republican nominee was not good enough if Obama wins. Just like John Kerry was not good enough to get an unpopular President out of office. Sometimes the party just comes up with a crappy nominee. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Who else's fault would it be? The Republican nominee was not good enough if Obama wins. Just like John Kerry was not good enough to get an unpopular President out of office. Sometimes the party just comes up with a crappy nominee. Nobody to blame but themselves.

"Stop me before I kill again!" Is that the best you can do? :blink:

I don't blame Republicans. I thank them. The fact is that this was a gimme election for Republicans until your candidate started speaking. :rofl:

It was the candidate you all picked for us -- A Massachusetts liberal governor just like Dukakis. I suppose they thought if they could just keep him from driving a tank, he could win.

"Stop me before I kill again!" Is that the best you can do? :blink:

You don't ever REALLY respond to comments, do you?

If Obama gets elected, whose fault is it, then? Since you think blaming Republicans for a bad nominee is out of the question.

Edited by Evylin

It was the candidate you all picked for us.

No, no, no. Always remember: YOU BUILT THAT. :lol:

If Obama gets elected, whose fault is it, then? Since you think blaming Republicans for a bad nominee is out of the question.

Republicans only demand others to take responsibility. They don't ever do that themselves, though. ;)

The same people that voted for him, again?

Apparently that's only 47% of the country. Why hasn't Romney won over anyone who isn't in his base? Is that Obama's fault?