FastTrack

Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi... my Fiancee Is from Poland and currently residing in the United Kingdom. She spent a total of about 4 years in Italy (Florence and Rimini).... we went to Italy a couple weeks ago, and while there we went to request her police certificate and "the Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale." We received the police certificate with no problems, but they said they could not issue her the "Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale" because she was never an official resident and never took out a loan or credit card for example.... I dont even think she was on a lease contract for the flats she lived in...... she did work though at a few places....... This cert is to show that she has no outstanding debt or bankruptcy etc... has anybody had any experience with this? any help would be appreciated because the US embassy website says that this form is required from people who have resided in Italy for longer than 12 months.... thank you for any responses

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2012-05-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-08-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-10

NVC Left : 2012-08-15

Consulate Received : 2012-08-20

Packet 3 Received : ONLINE

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-09-18

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-10-25 Submit Review

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't think if you are applying for K-1 visa that the USCIS cares about her debts from other countries or bankruptcy as neither is a crime.

I could be wrong though.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Timeline

Hi... my Fiancee Is from Poland and currently residing in the United Kingdom. She spent a total of about 4 years in Italy (Florence and Rimini).... we went to Italy a couple weeks ago, and while there we went to request her police certificate and "the Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale." We received the police certificate with no problems, but they said they could not issue her the "Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale" because she was never an official resident and never took out a loan or credit card for example.... I dont even think she was on a lease contract for the flats she lived in...... she did work though at a few places....... This cert is to show that she has no outstanding debt or bankruptcy etc... has anybody had any experience with this? any help would be appreciated because the US embassy website says that this form is required from people who have resided in Italy for longer than 12 months.... thank you for any responses

I'm going thru the same stuff right now and I would be happy If u could share your experience with getting those certificates? Where did u get them from? Did u just unexpected arrived there and did all the paper work there? How long did u wait for those certificates?

About your question: Maybe just request a statment from them that ""Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale"" could not be issued?

Edited by kamileczekpl

Timeline

Hi... there was no appointment needed, however you do take a number when there.... we happened to be travelling to Italy, so while in Florence we went to the Palazzo di Giustizia to criminal records department... wasnt a long wait, but remember they close at 130 i think for an hour or an hour and a half. and then reopen again.. While there my fiancee filled out the form while waiting (she can speak, read and write italian) . then she gave them a stamped envelope to mail the info back to us. The thing you need to remember when paying in person is that you need some sort of stamp/sticker to pay the fees for the certificates with... you go to a tobacco shop or something similar and pay for these stamps which list the value on them. Not sure of the amount, but it's not very much... 14 euros I think... we received the certificate in London approx. 1 week later. we were frustrtated that they wouldnt give us the other document, because there is ALWAYS something to complicate things right?!?!?!! haha! hope this helps

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2012-05-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-08-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-10

NVC Left : 2012-08-15

Consulate Received : 2012-08-20

Packet 3 Received : ONLINE

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-09-18

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-10-25 Submit Review

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.