Hy Vong

Vaccination Questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi All,

My fiancee received package 4 last week, the interview date is set for October 15.

She paid $240 Visa Fee at Citibank and today she went to Cho Ray Hospital for Medicals Exams, they checked health, took 2 tubes of her blood and sent her to another place for vaccination. They gave her 3 shots today and scheduled for more shots on October 18th, they also said she needs to get more shots in 2013.

My question is that her interview date is October 15th then 3 days later which is October 18th is scheduled for her to get more shots for vaccination. Does it effect her interview results?

I am so happy hearing other members here passed the interview and I am hoping that my fiancee will pass the interview as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It should not effect her interview. A huge thing though make SURE she gets a copy of the DS-3025 when her vaccinations are completed. A piece of advice --have her get all of the required vaccinations for AOS at her medical there. If you don't it is a pain in the butt to do an I693 here!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

she will go to the interview and then after a few days go for more vaccinations.. She will get a record of the vaccination record then... A couple of copies just in case... She will if approved for a visa, come to the US... and see a civil surgeon to get her required documents for the 2 yr GC. If she does not bring a copy of the vaccinations, the CS can require they be done all over again and it costs more to get them here so any that can be done before she goes the better.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Phil or Scott,

Are those the vaccination require for AOS( see link below)? Or is it determine by the civil surgeon in the States? Should my wife get the rest of the shot here in Vietnam? There is a lot of stuff for AOS. I've should have done some reading.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Phil or Scott,

Are those the vaccination require for AOS( see link below)? Or is it determine by the civil surgeon in the States? Should my wife get the rest of the shot here in Vietnam? There is a lot of stuff for AOS. I've should have done some reading.

http://travel.state..../info_1331.html

Thats why I was giving him the heads up now... If she can get some of the vaccinations done before she leaves.. even better. She will have to go to a CS in the US and get the Dr to sign off on her so she can get AOS. This really only applies to K visas... It is a good idea to have two copies of the vaccination sheet just in case. Getting the vaccinations in the US can be pricey.. As long as she is 'current' at the time she see's the CS, she will not be required to get those other shots later on... example. if she got here this month and filed AOS in December but was due to get another ound of shots in 2013.. the CS will sign off on it and she gets her AOS without having to get the 2013 shots...

finding a cheap CS in your area to do the paperwork can be tricky... there are a number of threads on VJ specificaly about CS prices.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Thats why I was giving him the heads up now... If she can get some of the vaccinations done before she leaves.. even better. She will have to go to a CS in the US and get the Dr to sign off on her so she can get AOS. This really only applies to K visas... It is a good idea to have two copies of the vaccination sheet just in case. Getting the vaccinations in the US can be pricey.. As long as she is 'current' at the time she see's the CS, she will not be required to get those other shots later on... example. if she got here this month and filed AOS in December but was due to get another ound of shots in 2013.. the CS will sign off on it and she gets her AOS without having to get the 2013 shots...

finding a cheap CS in your area to do the paperwork can be tricky... there are a number of threads on VJ specificaly about CS prices.

I thought that I've read in the AOS forum somewhere and you don't need to see a CS if your medical checkup is within a year?

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

the medical is a separate deal. you will need a CS to transcribe the vaccination records over to the i-695. we had to go through this a few months back. it is better to do the shots over in vietnam, but some of them have to be at intervals so it might not work out. my wife had to take one final shot in the US...cost was $50 which wasn't so bad.

the key really is to find a CS near your area that won't require you to do the whole medical again within that one year and just do the transcription ($20-$30). that's a big scam where they say you have to do the med over even when you don't (>$150).

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.