Brian&Ivy

EAD expedite process request

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Background: we filed on September 12, 2012 and I got the job offer that day. The company requests me to work on Oct 1, 2012. Since I just got receipt number, I decided to call USCIS to expedite my EAD card.

First, Dial this # 1800-375-5283 when you hear the voice prompt press 1 then 2 then 4 then 0

I successfully talked with an agent less than 30 seconds. I just briefly answered her questions, like my Alien #, when did I file, my address blah blah..

No documents were requested and she told me to wait for 5 days.

I feel relaxed now, even I have no result.. However, this is what I can do right? Hope this post is useful for anyone who wanna have a try!!

- 7/23/2008 came to US with F-1 visa
- 9/11/2012 I-485, I-130 and I-765 package sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox
- 9/12/2012 package delivered and signed by XXX
- 9/14/2012 received email with receipt numbers
- 9/17/2012 check cashed
- 9/30/2012 received hard copy of biometrics appointment on 10/19/2012, notice dated on 9/21/2012
- 10/12/2012 successfully walk-in one week earlier without asking reason at New York Long Island City office
- 11/5/2012 started to work in a new firm
- 11/11/2012 EAD approved!!! AWESOME!
- 11/19/2012 EAD card delivered, one day ahead of my birthday!
- 1/11/2013 received txt and email about interview time
- 2/14/2013 interview - Got APPROVED on the spot!!
- 2/27/2013 USCIS online update - 485 decision!! we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status :) Later, my 130 update too!!!
- 3/4/2013 Card Production!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 11/24/2014 I-751 package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center to remove conditions

- 11/25/2014 package was delivered and signed by XXX

- 11/26/2014 check cashed @16:49 before thanksgiving!

- 12/17/2014 bio letter received, scheduled on Dec 30, 2014 11:00 AM

- 12/19/2014 early bio done in Long Island City Office!

Good Luck!!

the call center will only forward the request to the national benefit center and most likely it will be denied , there certain cases they would expedite the EAD. the situations that USCIS could expedite the processing are ( taken from USCIS.GOV) :

-Severe financial loss to company or individual

-Extreme emergent situation

-Humanitarian situation

-Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States

-Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

- USCIS error

-Compelling interest of USCIS

I would recommend you to have a letter from the employer and try to mail it to the national benefit center, I feel with your time frame is hard to get the approval though. Try to talk to your employer to shift your start date.

you can also go to the nearest USCIS field office, and maybe they will help you out

Edited by myafi1985

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yea, I do not know what it called -- EAD or not?

But she did asked me my status was a student or AOS.. I told her I was filing my I-485 with I-765.

The company doesn't want to extend the starting date. So if this doesn't work, I will try to find another offer after get my card. Thanks for information!!

the call center will only forward the request to the national benefit center and most likely it will be denied , there certain cases they would expedite the EAD. the situations that USCIS could expedite the processing are ( taken from USCIS.GOV) :

-Severe financial loss to company or individual

-Extreme emergent situation

-Humanitarian situation

-Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States

-Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

- USCIS error

-Compelling interest of USCIS

I would recommend you to have a letter from the employer and try to mail it to the national benefit center, I feel with your time frame is hard to get the approval though. Try to talk to your employer to shift your start date.

you can also go to the nearest USCIS field office, and maybe they will help you out

I do not have offer letter cuz as they said I do not have my card!!! So I just give myself a try! No hurt right? Thanks!!

- 7/23/2008 came to US with F-1 visa
- 9/11/2012 I-485, I-130 and I-765 package sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox
- 9/12/2012 package delivered and signed by XXX
- 9/14/2012 received email with receipt numbers
- 9/17/2012 check cashed
- 9/30/2012 received hard copy of biometrics appointment on 10/19/2012, notice dated on 9/21/2012
- 10/12/2012 successfully walk-in one week earlier without asking reason at New York Long Island City office
- 11/5/2012 started to work in a new firm
- 11/11/2012 EAD approved!!! AWESOME!
- 11/19/2012 EAD card delivered, one day ahead of my birthday!
- 1/11/2013 received txt and email about interview time
- 2/14/2013 interview - Got APPROVED on the spot!!
- 2/27/2013 USCIS online update - 485 decision!! we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status :) Later, my 130 update too!!!
- 3/4/2013 Card Production!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 11/24/2014 I-751 package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center to remove conditions

- 11/25/2014 package was delivered and signed by XXX

- 11/26/2014 check cashed @16:49 before thanksgiving!

- 12/17/2014 bio letter received, scheduled on Dec 30, 2014 11:00 AM

- 12/19/2014 early bio done in Long Island City Office!

Good Luck!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry to hear they just don't expedite these easily.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

If employer letter says something like " Please come and join your job once you've work authorization OR EAD"

That would suffice to expedite EAD?

Edited by Dave&Judy

Get Fit > Learn > Work Harder >> Earn your Happiness !

May GOD bless All !

2007 - Entered, Start work in USA on H1B

2010 - Met my now wife :-)

2012 - Got married -> I Do !

July, 2012 - Preparing AOS package

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

When one can put request to expedite EAD?

With AOS package OR after Biometrics done OR something else? :unsure:

Get Fit > Learn > Work Harder >> Earn your Happiness !

May GOD bless All !

2007 - Entered, Start work in USA on H1B

2010 - Met my now wife :-)

2012 - Got married -> I Do !

July, 2012 - Preparing AOS package

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.