~kiyah~

Returning Petitions to the United States via 221g

830 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

YAAY! I haven't even noticed......

Hair pins, bobby pins, stick pins, bowlin' pins, ink pens....... As long as its pinned..... Good work!!!!!!

Limah

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Shokran for all the new support, this is exactly what this issue needs. MORE...MORE!! :D

Support tally: 8

Kiya = 1

Rhouni = 1

Denali_1963 = 1

Morocco4ever = 1

LebaneseBride = 1

Dixie_Peach = 1

Dawnnhatem = 1

Tom&tata = 1

:help:

If you support pinning this issue...please say so by posting in this topic. Without forum support the issue will never get pinned. Shokran.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

hello there i think i fit in here with all the rest of you for i have been waiting over a year with a 221g......

ELLA BENTALHA

Timeline
Why do you think you got the 221 G if you do not mind me asking.
my fiance got the letter of 221g i dont know why he got it...all i know is that they wanted more proof of our relationship..my fiance was very nervous in his first interview.... do you know something i don't?????

ELLA BENTALHA

Filed: Timeline

Just curious there could be somethings that maybe you think it is. The reason why it was returned. I am hearing from a lady that sometimes it is best to just withdraw a petition and refile. You are through Vermont right? I got an email telling me that the got the case back. I am getting ready for the big one. Chia, and others that did the rebutall it would be good if you guys can post your letters to the various agenecies you wrote and also the rebutal letter. I am getting ready to start mine and maybe I will share it on here. Ahmed&Ella will you show us or tell us what you sent to them.

إركا

[

Timeline
Just curious there could be somethings that maybe you think it is. The reason why it was returned. I am hearing from a lady that sometimes it is best to just withdraw a petition and refile. You are through Vermont right? I got an email telling me that the got the case back. I am getting ready for the big one. Chia, and others that did the rebutall it would be good if you guys can post your letters to the various agenecies you wrote and also the rebutal letter. I am getting ready to start mine and maybe I will share it on here. Ahmed&Ella will you show us or tell us what you sent to them.

when he got 221g letter they told him that they needed more proof of relationship like i told you...are you asking me to tell you what i sent for proof... well i wrote a letter telling them how real our love was and that age is no matter when you really love some one ans sent them all our conversations on the computor and more pictures,and phone bills and letters he wrote in the mail...everything i could possibily think of to show that we were continuing our relationship....yes i am through vermont..annd im being told that some officer has it, along with alot of others..sitting on his desk..waiting to get processed to get sent back to casablanca....but just have to wait for this to be done.....

ELLA BENTALHA

Filed: Timeline

when he got 221g letter they told him that they needed more proof of relationship like i told you...are you asking me to tell you what i sent for proof... well i wrote a letter telling them how real our love was and that age is no matter when you really love some one ans sent them all our conversations on the computor and more pictures,and phone bills and letters he wrote in the mail...everything i could possibily think of to show that we were continuing our relationship....yes i am through vermont..annd im being told that some officer has it, along with alot of others..sitting on his desk..waiting to get processed to get sent back to casablanca....but just have to wait for this to be done.....

Ahmed&Ella I am not sure if you sent it to the embassy or the service center. So it id was teh service center then I am curious about the letter. The letter is important and you said that you did not know why they denied you and then you say you spoke about the age difference. This was the question I was asking, what you thought there reasons where and what you said. I think it would be cool to see what some people wrote. I guess because this is the denial trend, it would also be cool to make good use and we can tell our stories and also why we thought we where denied and what we have been doing and what we did. This would be good for the trend.

إركا

[

Timeline

Ahmed&Ella I am not sure if you sent it to the embassy or the service center. So it id was teh service center then I am curious about the letter. The letter is important and you said that you did not know why they denied you and then you say you spoke about the age difference. This was the question I was asking, what you thought there reasons where and what you said. I think it would be cool to see what some people wrote. I guess because this is the denial trend, it would also be cool to make good use and we can tell our stories and also why we thought we where denied and what we have been doing and what we did. This would be good for the trend.

yes when they asked for proof i sent it back through vermont and on to casablanca...i never got anything saying we were denied.....just saying it was sent back for further review......everyone keeps thinking we were denied...theres nothing saying we were denied.........

ELLA BENTALHA

Timeline
This is the slang language we know you where not denied. Casablanca can not deny unless it is something crazy, like medical or k-1 now married type of stuff.
thank you :dance::dance::dance:

ELLA BENTALHA

Timeline
I am hearing from a lady that sometimes it is best to just withdraw a petition and refile.

I would speak to an 'experienced' immigration attorney before voluntarily withdrawing any returned petition and just filing a new one.

1. What ever the reason(s) for the return are need to be addressed, they will not go away by just filing a new petition.
  2. When the consulate returns an approved K1 petition to USCIS, they will put a 212(a)(6)( c )(1) misrepresentation marker, called a “P6C1” marker, or a “quasi-refusal” in the beneficiary’s record. If DHS decides at a later date to revoke that petition, a hard 212(a)6( c )(i) finding can kick in.

Just filing a new petition without the returned petition either being rebutted and reaffirmed, or closed due to the original approval expiration giving the petitioner the option of filing again you will need to deal with this misrepresentation marker which is a very serious matter. If the returned petition is reaffirmed or closed due to the expiration of the original approval then this marker is removed from the beneficiary record.

This is definitely NOT something you want to find out at your new interview...beneficiary not eligible due to the misrepresentation marker. This is a perfect example of why speaking to an experienced immigration attorney before withdrawing a returned petition is essential.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Edited by Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
This is the slang language we know you where not denied. Casablanca can not deny unless it is something crazy, like medical or k-1 now married type of stuff.

They did DENY you the VISA. (Did you get one?)

They returned the PETITION because they found something to NOT issue a VISA, or so they think.

There are two different issues here.

One is Casa issuing a VISA or not issuing a VISA.

The other is returning the approved petition back to USCIS asking for the petition to be REVOKED per the CO's findings.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would be happy to post my letters to the group. I do not wish for my private info to be in a public forum.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

They did DENY you the VISA. (Did you get one?)

They returned the PETITION because they found something to NOT issue a VISA, or so they think.

There are two different issues here.

One is Casa issuing a VISA or not issuing a VISA.

The other is returning the approved petition back to USCIS asking for the petition to be REVOKED per the CO's findings.

chi

Chi is absolutely correct. The 221g stating petition return is a refusal to issue a visa by the consulate, some call it a soft denial.

They return the petition to USCIS with a recommendation to revoke per their findings or lack of evidence of the relationship. Hence the process of the NOIR/NOID (Notice Of Intent to Revoke/Notice Of Intent to Deny). The visa refusal becomes a hard denial if the returned petition is actually revoked or denied.

Ella, I pray you hear something soon about your returned petition. Stay strong and don't lose hope...patience is key.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Edited by Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.