Larry n Mary

RFE

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just recieved a request for evidence (RFE). My fillipina fiance was previously married and we hired a lawyer and recieved a judgement of annullment. I sent the court judgement with my application.

The RFE says they recieved the judgement and it is ok, however they are asking for a document from the National Statistics Office (NSO) substantiating the annullment. They are also saying the document must have a "Court documents and Legal Instruments endorsment"

Has anybody had to get one of these? It sounds like it should be easy but I don't know.

Any advice would be appreciated

I just wanna ask if there's someone here who got a RFE from VSC for NSO annotated MC? I was annuled, i only included my court decision on our petition, we had NOA1 april 23. Does anybody knows of a situation where someone from the philippines was denied because their certificate of finality was after the NOA1 date? I posted yesterday here on Vj and everybody keep telling me that my application is subject to denial because im not free yet to marry.. Makes me stressed out and so sad after all the waiting and now i'm just expecting the denial from USCIS.. Court decision declared my previous marriage as null and void and signed by presiding judge. We thought it was fine and i just have to bring all other required documents (Certificate of Finality and NSO annotated marriage certificate) to the interview. Please any help info would be greatly appreciated... Thank you.. :(

Dean_De has correct answer! :thumbs: Having a court judgement / finality of the annulment is not enough. It has to be annotated in the previous marriage contract. Also, this must be printed out in security paper issued by NSO.

I just wanna ask if there's someone here who got a RFE from VSC for NSO annotated MC? I was annuled, i only included my court decision on our petition, we had NOA1 april 23. Does anybody knows of a situation where someone from the philippines was denied because their certificate of finality was after the NOA1 date? I posted yesterday here on Vj and everybody keep telling me that my application is subject to denial because im not free yet to marry.. Makes me stressed out and so sad after all the waiting and now i'm just expecting the denial from USCIS.. Court decision declared my previous marriage as null and void and signed by presiding judge. We thought it was fine and i just have to bring all other required documents (Certificate of Finality and NSO annotated marriage certificate) to the interview. Please any help info would be greatly appreciated... Thank you.. :(

Correct. The annulment is not complete until you receive the annotated marriage contract from the NSO. Until duly registered, the person is neither free nor legal to re-marry, which is one of the requirements of filing for a K1 or spousal petition.

Most attorneys consider their work finished when the Decree of Annulment is issued by the court. The registration of the Decree with the LCR's and NSO is typically left up to the client to accomplish on their own, as it basically involves the transportation of documents from one place to the other. (and about 6-8 months)

Often times these final "do it by yourself" steps are not completely understood by the client and immigration petitions are filed prematurely, and even civil marriages have known to have been performed prior to receiving the annotated NSO. In the later case, overlapping dates of marriage appear on the CEMAR/CENOMAR which causes big trouble at the Embassy, more delay and attorney fees to straighten out.

NANCY & DAVEY: RTC = Regional Trial Court. equivalent to County Civil Court in the US of Ache.

Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

In your case I would say give USCIS what they ask for - the NSO annotated MC, then cross your fingers and wait. Not sure they will go by the court date of the NSO date when determining "free to marry".

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

In your case I would say give USCIS what they ask for - the NSO annotated MC, then cross your fingers and wait. Not sure they will go by the court date of the NSO date when determining "free to marry".

Thank u so much.. the court date of NSO is march 20 and we filed april.:yes: so i gues it will be fine... I'M HOPING :dance: :dance: :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank u so much.. the court date of NSO is march 20 and we filed april.:yes: so i gues it will be fine... I'M HOPING :dance: :dance: :dance:

HI there! I also recieved RFE ( NSO anotated marriage certificate ) and since the 15th under RFE response review..any luck on your part? Ai

Timeline

Hello there. I understand what you feeling because this is really a stressful process. I can just tell you about our situation and what work for us. We submitted our I-129f after we received the court decision on my annulment. We submitted the court decision along with the other documentation required by the I-129f. Because we had a complicated case with previous marriages, we decided to use an attorney. We believed that it was a good idea to use an attorney because the reviewers at the USCIS probably notice that and they may not request extra documentation because they know it has been reviewed by an attorney before submitting. Our I-129f was approved without RFE. :dance:

The question we still have is will the annulment documentation be questioned by the US embassy in manila. We have the annotated MC and Finality Certificate, but, both were obtained after we submitted the I-129f. Hope things go well for you and your fiancee. :yes::thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

USICS has listed all the required documents, provide what they request and you will not get an RFE, attorney or doing it yourself. Using an attornery probably causes USCIS to be twice a watchful! :rofl:

That's an easy question for your attorney...

Or come to VJ ...

Here is what the embassy will be looking for.

Embassy Letter:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_005.pdf

(Tagalog) http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/K1instructionTag%20rtf3%20_2__rtf2_007.pdfhttp://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/K1instructionTag%20rtf3%20_2__rtf2_007.pdf

You will be needing a CENOMAR/CEMAR (depending), date of finality will be the key (but your attorney should know that)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.