sherywhite

Update on Cairo

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So people actually went and lined up in front of the Cairo embassy today for interviews, then an hour later they are told the dept. of state just ordered the embassy closed untill further notice! So annoying......

Timeline

did you see any protesting or something going on there??

USCIS

Jun 13th 2012: I-130 sent

Jun 18th 2012: NOA 1

Aug 6th 2012 : NOA 2 (49 days from NOA1)

NVC

Aug 10th 2012: Case received

Aug 15th 2012: Case # assigned

Aug 17th 2012: AOS paid,Ds3032 emailed

Aug 21st 2012: AOS showed paid, AOS sent

Aug 22nd 2012: AOS received

Aug 28th 2012: AOS accepted

Aug 29th 2012: Ds3032 email accepted

Aug 30th 2012: Iv paid

Aug 31st 2012: Iv showed paid

Sept 1st 2012: Iv sent

Sept 4th 2012: Iv received

Sept 11th 2012:RFE for ds230 question #30

Sept 12th 2012:ds230 part I sent with correction

Sept 13th 2012:ds230 part I received

Sept 20th 2012:Case complete

Oct 1st 2012 : Case sent to the embassy in Cairo

Oct 11th 2012: Medical Exam

Oct 21 2012: Medical Results Received

Oct 24th 2012 : Interview (Approved)

Nov 3rd 2012: visa in hand

Nov 8th 2012 : POE (Dallas)

Timeline

Nothing at all! It,s so calm there, security is everywhere, streets are being cleaned and life is back to normal! The staff were there and ready to work then suddenly they said visas will be closed until further notice! Nobody gets what,s wrong yet :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nothing at all! It,s so calm there, security is everywhere, streets are being cleaned and life is back to normal! The staff were there and ready to work then suddenly they said visas will be closed until further notice! Nobody gets what,s wrong yet :help:

They have to play it safe.. Imagine if things got ugly again with a bunch of people standing in line or lots of people going in and out... Everything right now in the U.S. is hypercritical because of the elections coming up and it will taint every decision. I was amazed they were opening it back up this soon.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering how this would affect the interviews. I am sure they are concerned about everyone's safety.

January 15, 2012 met on line

April 18, 2012 met in person in Cebu

April 20, 2012 proposed

May 28, 2012 filed K1

June 6, 2012 received email K1 accepted.

August 28, 2012 NOA2 approved!!!!!!!

September 21, 2012 went back for vist number 2

Had a wonderful time!

Interview set for November 6

Flying out November 3 to be together

Arrived November 4

November 6, 2013 interview and approved

November 14, 2013 picked up visa!

November 29, 2013 arrived in Anchorage

November 30, 2013 applied for marriage license

December 15, 2013 civil wedding

February 16, 2013 AOS filed

February 23, 2013 NOA 1 reviewed

April 4, 2013 Biometric appointment

May 9, 2013 AOS intervie

May 9, 2013 Approved ap, ead and green card

May 18, 2013 received Green Card, EAD and AP in mail

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

That sucks!!! My husbands interview is on Oct. 9th so i really hope it is reopened before then for everybody who has been waiting for there interviews! I just read these horror stories of it taking weeks and weeks to reopen and such!! I hope this is not the case.

Great another thing to worry about. Hoping the situation there calms down even further & the Embassy reopens. I just got my interview date a few days ago...this couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Please keep us posted as to whether or not the embassy opens.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Also what happens to people that have their interviews scheduled during the time the embassy is closed?

In the past during the revolution we saw them rescheduled a few months later. Around two - three months additional waiting time.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Also what happens to people that have their interviews scheduled during the time the embassy is closed?

I would imagine they go to the top of the queue to be rescheduled... but the embassy would not move peoples dates that are already set.. So if they book several months in advance new appointments would be scheduled starting there but probably nothing until they reopen and know that the dates would be open.

I would imagine they go to the top of the queue to be rescheduled... but the embassy would not move peoples dates that are already set.. So if they book several months in advance new appointments would be scheduled starting there but probably nothing until they reopen and know that the dates would be open.

Well that sounds comforting since by the time its my interview (& hoping that nothing else causes a reason for alarm) things should have cooled down. The process is frustrating enough without having such things happen. Here's to wishing this madness doesn't continue for long & thanks for the response...you too Dr A <3 O :)

ETA: So I assune NVC would notify the applicants that the interview will be moved & to wait until another date is scheduled?

Edited by Louza

Timeline

Well that sounds comforting since by the time its my interview (& hoping that nothing else causes a reason for alarm) things should have cooled down. The process is frustrating enough without having such things happen. Here's to wishing this madness doesn't continue for long & thanks for the response...you too Dr A <3 O :)

ETA: So I assune NVC would notify the applicants that the interview will be moved & to wait until another date is scheduled?

The US Embassy in Cairo announced on their fb page today that all visa processes will be resumed tomorrow and they're serious this time. Since you're already scheduled for an interview it looks like you're good to go unless something else happens on the day of your interview and then you get rescheduled. Sending you best wishes on your upcoming interview! (F)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Just as an FYI, some on the forum has already commented that they had an interview scheduled for some time in early Oct and were notified that it's cancelled until further notice. I am not surprised based on the current situation in the middle east, it still might not be safe for the embassy employees.

Timeline

The US Embassy in Cairo announced on their fb page today that all visa processes will be resumed tomorrow and they're serious this time. Since you're already scheduled for an interview it looks like you're good to go unless something else happens on the day of your interview and then you get rescheduled. Sending you best wishes on your upcoming interview! (F)

Unfortunately she is going through Sudan (I just realized it as well, was thinking Cairo) but it is a good sign of the governments intentions.

Timeline

Unfortunately she is going through Sudan (I just realized it as well, was thinking Cairo) but it is a good sign of the governments intentions.

Cairo sees people from Sudan for visa interviews. At least the region she's in does. I've seen it before on their interview schedule several years back and spoken with her.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.