Russell T

Madical exam costs.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I see the cost of the medical exam is 800 RMB and I assume that does not include the cost of the vaccinations because it depends on which ones you need.

Can anyone give me a ball park figure on the shots? My fiancee is 48 years old.

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My wife was the same age, she stated she does not remember. Ii do remember that it was cheaper to get them in China than US.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

"JimVaPhuong user_popup.png If you have a question for me then please send me a PM." He is close to you, might know some particulars to help, with the process. Other Chinese members are pretty squared away.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Perhaps I can add some information:

My 46 yo wife was unable to get the vaccinations done in China, due to time constraints. As a consequence, she received them at her Civil Surgeon (CS) examination in Seattle on 13 Aug 2012. According to the CS report, she received a Tuberculin Skin Test, Td and MMR vaccinations. At that time, I had applied to include her on my employer's health insurance plan, but no coverage information was available so I paid cash for the exam. We have since provided the CS with her health insurance information since she was covered retroactively to 1 August 2012, and are in the process of receiving a refund of my payment to the CS. I just received the EOB from the insurance company, the CS charged $160 for the immunizations and skin test. The health insurance plan has paid negotiated charges of $124.

Due to the individual nature of each person's immunization record, and the time of year (i.e., no current influenza vaccination necessary or available in August), there are a lot of potential variables. Just take a look at the list of the vaccinations on Form I-693. What I am saying is that the immunizations she received where determined to be appropriate by the CS at the date of her examination. Additionally, it is my impression that the CS didn't give us any discounts on the vaccinations, even though he was a Chinese physician and my wife thought he would be more reasonable with his fees/charges. YMMV.

In retrospective, I should have been more insistent that my wife get her immunizations done in China, I firmly believe that they would have been cheaper there. However, accurate and complete immunization records would likely be required by the CS in America. I hope that helps.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

no clue on the costs of the vaccinations, but

do note that it's very useful to have another shot record made, whilst she's there.

For 20 more rmb, her shot records are transcribed into a yellow book, and she can keep it.

A shot record is useful if she needs it in the USA for work purposes (working with children, getting a state job, getting a federal job). It's so worth the extra 20 rmb to get it, IMO.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.