jimmynug

CFO Registration

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We were planning on sending my mother-in-law to the CFO before her interview just as we did with my wife and father-in-law, then have her go back after visa delivery for the sticker. However, I was just looking at the CFO website and it says that you need the visa to register. Has the CFO changed procedures recently, or is it still like it use to be?

Thanks.

Timeline

CFO is first come first served... but

Requirements for Registration

1. Original and photocopy of Passport;
  2. Original and photocopy of visa;
  3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound (K-1 does not need this)
  4. Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
  5. Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
  6. Payment of the authorized registration fee.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound (K-1 does not need this)

I really think in practice you don't need your Visa to take the class. As recently as a couple weeks ago a friend of my fiance's took the class in Cebu without having her Visa. Also no one else has mentioned that they actually require this to take the class. All of the visa journey posts from people who took CFO recently did the same method as always that I've read about: Take the class then go back later with your Visa for the sticker.

Timeline

I really think in practice you don't need your Visa to take the class. As recently as a couple weeks ago a friend of my fiance's took the class in Cebu without having her Visa. Also no one else has mentioned that they actually require this to take the class. All of the visa journey posts from people who took CFO recently did the same method as always that I've read about: Take the class then go back later with your Visa for the sticker.

the visa is not needed to take the class, just a valid Phil. passport. However, getting the sticker you will need the visa in the passport.

Regards,

Sid

Important Notes:

The CFO has offices in Metro Manila and Metro Cebu. Visit the offices where it is most convenient.

Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are limited only to 12 per session. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

You may avail of the Guidance and Counseling Session even while you are still processing or waiting for your visa. If such is the case, you will only be issued the GCC. Once your visa is released, you will return to CFO to continue with your registration. The CFO sticker will then be affixed on your passport.

You will pay a counseling fee of PhP 400.00.

Quick couple of questions, do they require 2x2 passport photos here to attach to the forms? Also the fee is just P400 now for both? Few weeks ago, I thought I saw that it was P400 for certificate plus P250 for the registration.

Edited by Tintin and Mike

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Timeline

I believe it was listed on the requirements before the changes also and not enforced, but I don't know if with only CFO doing the seminars if they are being stricter.

There have been changes at CFO, as of the 16th of September St. Mary's is out of the picture.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Quick couple of questions, do they require 2x2 passport photos here to attach to the forms? Also the fee is just P400 now for both? Few weeks ago, I thought I saw that it was P400 for certificate plus P250 for the registration.

I've read that they do require 2x2 photos - 3 of them. However I can't say for certain until Leslie attends the seminar.

I've read that they do require 2x2 photos - 3 of them. However I can't say for certain until Leslie attends the seminar.

Oh ok, would you update me please? Mike's not going until probably the 1st week of Nov, which is just Mars away :(

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1

ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

06/15/15 - Approved

08/22/15 - Card Received

Timeline

No where does CFO mention they want any 2X2 photos

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

http://www.philembas...w_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

No where does CFO mention they want any 2X2 photos

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

http://www.philembas...w_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Yeah I didn't see it in there but I was curious to know where they get photos attached to the upper-right corner of the Certificate? And if you look at these registration and Emigrant forms, there's a box for PHOTO.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/registrationform.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/overseasbasedemigrantform.pdf

So it looks like 2 photos needed for these forms and 1 for the Certificate. Unless these are the wrong ones now. I got these few weeks ago on the same link but not on the current page now. I could have swear there were there last time :blink::wacko:

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1

ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

06/15/15 - Approved

08/22/15 - Card Received

Timeline

CFO uses the photo that is already in their system from the passport. I just asked my wife and CFO never asked for any 2X2 photos, the photo for the sticker is the same photo from when the passport was issued.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

CFO uses the photo that is already in their system from the passport. I just asked my wife and CFO never asked for any 2X2 photos, the photo for the sticker is the same photo from when the passport was issued.

Oh ok, then great! We got extra photos already if in case needed, I just want to make sure :)

Thanks as always, you're awesome! :dance: :dance:

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1

ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

06/15/15 - Approved

08/22/15 - Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.