Stuart and Thea

Buying a Wife from the Ukraine

191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I belong to the long hair community forums, and on there is a girl who is furious at her dad for going to the Ukraine to buy a wife. GRRRRR I can't tell you how angry it makes me to see that people look at it that way, and there is so many people who are on there saying how disgusting that is, like it's prostitution etc. (their forum is really slow and I haven't been able to post to it) I think that these people need a dose of reality, and I would love it if you would head on over there and politely explain exactly how it works being a bride from overseas, even if you met in an online dating site. Here's the link: My link

Why do I need to waste my time trying to educate idiots? Their loss, let them marry each other and spare us.

I usually just ask those people why being married to an ugly fat woman who b!tches all the time is acceptable to them.

Because they "buy American" no matter what.

I usually just ask those people why being married to an ugly fat woman who b!tches all the time is acceptable to them.

Because they "buy American" no matter what.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

I am all for globalization for this particular 'market'! My dating 'capital' goes so much further there. And it really has been a terrific experience so far. One potential drawback has to do with the ignorant attitudes about this that some people have. It is nice to be able to ignore them or play with them a bit but it can also have a serious downside when it causes family discord. My very insecure DIL has been openly hostile to my wife and I and has kept my grand-children away. :( I don't want to see my son have to suffer the pain of divorce but if it happens I will certainly suggest to him he consider looking further than just within this country if he decides he wants to try again!

My pet peeve.

I would personally co sponsor, front all the expenses in the hopes that my Son should decide to extend his dating circle outside of the USA (and I have three Daughters so this is a double edge sword for me).

He's only 8 now but I can wait , yes.

Timeline

My pet peeve.

I would personally co sponsor, front all the expenses in the hopes that my Son should decide to extend his dating circle outside of the USA (and I have three Daughters so this is a double edge sword for me).

He's only 8 now but I can wait , yes.

We have already extended that offer to our sons. Pasha is already a citizen and Sergey will be soon. Finish college first! Sergey has a steady girlfriend in Russia and Pasha has been getting up awful early to skype with a lovely lass in Donetsk every morning since this summer's visit.

Gary And Alla

I belong to the long hair community forums, and on there is a girl who is furious at her dad for going to the Ukraine to buy a wife. GRRRRR I can't tell you how angry it makes me to see that people look at it that way, and there is so many people who are on there saying how disgusting that is, like it's prostitution etc. (their forum is really slow and I haven't been able to post to it) I think that these people need a dose of reality, and I would love it if you would head on over there and politely explain exactly how it works being a bride from overseas, even if you met in an online dating site. Here's the link: My link

Why can't you do it yourself?

Keep in mind that that site will show all the traffic coming from *this* site because of that link you posted. Calling this board to go 'sort out' the other board sometimes can result in a board war, or unnecessary attention to this board, our members, their stories, pictures, etc.

In short, it's probs not the wisest choice and should be against TOS, if it's not already..

eta: and it's not going to change anyone's mind about anything.

Edited by Anita Cocktail

Timeline

Why can't you do it yourself?

Keep in mind that that site will show all the traffic coming from *this* site because of that link you posted. Calling this board to go 'sort out' the other board sometimes can result in a board war, or unnecessary attention to this board, our members, their stories, pictures, etc.

In short, it's probs not the wisest choice and should be against TOS, if it's not already..

eta: and it's not going to change anyone's mind about anything.

And they are probably liberals so why bother, right? I bet they think Gay marriage is OK and straight marriage with a Ukrainian is horrible? :rofl:

They do not rate my time of day.

Gary And Alla

And they are probably liberals so why bother, right? I bet they think Gay marriage is OK and straight marriage with a Ukrainian is horrible? :rofl:

They do not rate my time of day.

Why waste time with them when that would detract from time spent with Alla and her shiny, glistening Volvo?

Timeline

Why waste time with them when that would detract from time spent with Alla and her shiny, glistening Volvo?

She does not have a Volvo. She drives a Toyota Yaris. :wacko: Pasha has a Volvo, S80T6, and while I love Pasha I do not spend much time in his shiny glistening Volvo.

But yeah, we agree otherwise.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My wife's profile said she was a strong willed over controlling b**ch. I thought it was a joke....

Live and learn.

I met mine by chance and never had the opportunity to review her profile. :blush: And since I did not have pay for a catalog that means my wife was FREE!!!! :rofl:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I am all for globalization for this particular 'market'! My dating 'capital' goes so much further there. And it really has been a terrific experience so far. One potential drawback has to do with the ignorant attitudes about this that some people have. It is nice to be able to ignore them or play with them a bit but it can also have a serious downside when it causes family discord. My very insecure DIL has been openly hostile to my wife and I and has kept my grand-children away. :( I don't want to see my son have to suffer the pain of divorce but if it happens I will certainly suggest to him he consider looking further than just within this country if he decides he wants to try again!

I am sorry to hear that about your DIL James. We have been fortunate enough not to have had any such conflict. I hope you get to see your Grandchildren more, that is truly not something to miss

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Oh come on, it IS buying a wife, or at least, buying the easy way of getting a wife. You pay to get her contact info. They put well-Photoshop pictures of her in good makeup and lighting and sell her as submissive, weak-willed, etc.

That being said, why does it matter? If both adults consent, by all means let them do whatever they want. These relationships work well for many people and I don't see why it's such a big deal. It's not like they are being forced into it. This forum is filled with happy couples like that...

Also, aren't we all "buying" our partners? We all pay a lot of money just to bring them here. I'm sure there's some pissed off person out there who views it as "buying".

Yes and ironically they will view Gay marriage as something between two consenting adults which is perfectly OK. For the record...so do I. Because I believe consenting adults should do what they want, whether they are gay/straight or American/Russian/Ukrainian, black/white whatever.

Always amazes me...same people who want minimum wage and job benefits try to protect illegal immigrants who are here so employers can avoid paying minimum wages and benefits...people who believe in gay marriage don't think I should be able to go to Ukraine and get a smoking hot wife 12 years younger than myself. And what is bad, exactly, about a Ukrainian woman looking to improve her standard of living for herself and her children? #######? Don't we all try to do that? How many Americans will move from Michigan to North Carolina (for example) to get a better job and buy a better house, improve their living standards and life? THAT's OK, but a woman moving from Ukraine to the USA is just some sort of slave? Bought?

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes and ironically they will view Gay marriage as something between two consenting adults which is perfectly OK. For the record...so do I. Because I believe consenting adults should do what they want, whether they are gay/straight or American/Russian/Ukrainian, black/white whatever.

Always amazes me...same people who want minimum wage and job benefits try to protect illegal immigrants who are here so employers can avoid paying minimum wages and benefits...people who believe in gay marriage don't think I should be able to go to Ukraine and get a smoking hot wife 12 years younger than myself. And what is bad, exactly, about a Ukrainian woman looking to improve her standard of living for herself and her children? #######? Don't we all try to do that? How many Americans will move from Michigan to North Carolina (for example) to get a better job and buy a better house, improve their living standards and life? THAT's OK, but a woman moving from Ukraine to the USA is just some sort of slave? Bought?

They either think that the American man wants to bring over a slave, or that the RUB woman is looking for an easy target so she can move to the US and then dump him, green card in hand.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

They either think that the American man wants to bring over a slave, or that the RUB woman is looking for an easy target so she can move to the US and then dump him, green card in hand.

Which only proves the are ignorant of RUB women, American men, FSU culture and living standards and perhaps a few dozen other things. And they always manage to demonstrate WHY we wanted RUB wives to begin with. Thank you very much. :rofl:

How can they think that moving to another country with a different language where even a highly educated woman can find it hard to get a job wiping tables in a cafe because of ignorance is an "easy target"?

More than half of domestic marriages fail, so what were those women after?

Gary And Alla

I am not sure who the "they" is here, but from Gary's response I am guessing it means American women? What I wonder is what Russian/Ukrainian people think if they are not involved in the process. My Ukrainian family is a pretty limited sample, and i wonder if others are as open minded.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I am not sure who the "they" is here, but from Gary's response I am guessing it means American women? What I wonder is what Russian/Ukrainian people think if they are not involved in the process. My Ukrainian family is a pretty limited sample, and i wonder if others are as open minded.

I don't know anyone here who has tried this. I know people who have mentioned entering into a fake marriage to get to, say, Germany, but no one who has looked online for an American man. I know a couple of girls who went over on work/travel, fell in love, and immigrated, but it's received differently, I guess, when you're marrying someone in your general age group whom you met in real life.

I was referring to how my relatives have reacted to the fact that one of my cousins of sorts is currently in the CR-1 process with a RUB woman 20+ years younger than him. Everyone is happy for him because he is happy, but there is also some lingering fear about her intentions among males and females in family alike.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.