bunker buster

How many times can one cancel intervuew appointment?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got a November interview date, when I try to cancel it (to re-sked) the websites warns me that if I cancel it I have to pay the MRV fee again. This will be my second cancellation if I continue.

Did I miss anything on the website about cancellation? It would be nice before I start the scheduling there is warning as to how many times one can cancel.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got a November interview date, when I try to cancel it (to re-sked) the websites warns me that if I cancel it I have to pay the MRV fee again. This will be my second cancellation if I continue.

Did I miss anything on the website about cancellation? It would be nice before I start the scheduling there is warning as to how many times one can cancel.

I didn't realize that. Then maybe you have to call to find out before you proceed.

call (632) 982-5555 or (632) 902-8930. The Visa Information and Appointment Service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator. Applicants, agents or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (214) 571-1600

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

From the embassy website:

Please be reminded that even though nonimmigrant visa fees are valid for one calendar year, options to schedule an appointment are limited. The U.S. Embassy in Manila schedules hundreds of thousands of nonimmigrant visa appointments each year, and we must accommodate requests both for new appointments and for those applicants who need to reschedule their appointments for whatever reason. Applicants are only allowed to reschedule twice (not including the initial appointment) without penalty. If the second rescheduling attempt is canceled, an applicant will only be allowed to reschedule a new date after a waiting period of 90 days. Please plan your visa application accordingly to avoid problems securing an interview appointment. [3/12/2012]

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I actually asked about it when I rescheduled my interview.. They told me you have 2 chance to cancel or reschedule your interview.. You have to pay another 10,080php after then.. Well, it will depends on CO.. If your reason is reasonable for rescheduling or canceling your appointment, then you don't have to pay again!!!

Hope this helps.. Good luck!!

Timeline

I had to reschedule our interview twice. We actually then wanted to change it a third time (this time to something sooner) but it wouldn't let me without paying again. So you can do it twice, from my experience.

• 6 months later...
Timeline

Hi this is my case now. I already cancelled 3 appointments. the 3r time was, my appointment interview need to be cancelled because i need to do a Sputum Test. Yesterday April 3 i was asked to have my immunization and in the afternoon i got my medical result and everything was cleared.

My problem was when i scheduled for an appointment i cant go through it. I was so worried taht maybe this is the result of cancelling for 3 times already.

Timeline

You are only allowed to reschedule a limited number of times before the embassy requires a new visa fee, contact the embassy to see if that will be required or if they would waiver the fee being the rescheduling was caused by SLEC. It is possible the embassy will require you to pay the $240 fee to BPI again.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yup, probably on your third cancellation they took it out of the system, and now you'll have to pay again, and start the scheduling process over. Bummer, but yes, I'd contact them too, since this time wasn't really your fault, but SLEC requiring more time to approve your medical.

Timeline

We cancelled three times but two of them were for St. Lukes problems so they allowed me the 4th schedule. You just need a really good reason.

i hope they will give me the same consideration with yours. I will continue to pray for a miracle because i cant afford to do another sputum test and sputum culture since my medical is valid for 3 months only.

Timeline

You would not have to do another sputum test or culture. Worse case would be having to pay the visa fee a second time if they don't waive that fee and let you re-schedule once more.

With only 3 months left on your medical validity you need to get your interview done and be in the USA before that date as that is also the validity date for the visa, unless you do a new medical (which would not require new sputum tests as they already did them), but lets not go there.... just get your interview scheduled, get done with CFO and get on the airplane to the States.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

i hope they will give me the same consideration with yours. I will continue to pray for a miracle because i cant afford to do another sputum test and sputum culture since my medical is valid for 3 months only.

The medical is a perfectly good reason - we were even over the visa expiration date and they still allowed us.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, we just received an appointment letter for our interview on may 30, 2013. We applied for immigrant visa on category F3. Was just wondering if you could have your interview rescheduled on a later month, maybe November or December? Will US Embassy Manila allow you to pick the date or will they be the one to give another date? We wanted to take advantage of the time allowed (6 months) before your visa is to expire. Putting it on a November or December would allow us to leave on march making it the start of summer break and avoid any problems with the education of the children. Would this be advisable given that the Immigrant reform of 2013 would eventually be passed? Thank you for responding to my question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.