mfa

US Dollars

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If you do a DCF then you're living in a foreign country, right?

So, in many cases, if you have an annual income it is not coming to you in US Dollars.

On form I-864 it asks for my annual income and it gives me a "$" sign (quite an assumption, I think).

I won't have a job when we arrive in the US (using co-sponsor for financial purposes). So the income they are truly asking about (money I'll support my wife with) doesn't exist yet. However, the TRUTH is that I do make money right now.

So what would you do???

- Use an online currency converter and just write down the amount I make now (in Peruvian Soles) in US Dollars

or

- Write zero for everything

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If you do a DCF then you're living in a foreign country, right?

So, in many cases, if you have an annual income it is not coming to you in US Dollars.

On form I-864 it asks for my annual income and it gives me a "{:content:}quot; sign (quite an assumption, I think).

I won't have a job when we arrive in the US (using co-sponsor for financial purposes). So the income they are truly asking about (money I'll support my wife with) doesn't exist yet. However, the TRUTH is that I do make money right now.

So what would you do???

- Use an online currency converter and just write down the amount I make now (in Peruvian Soles) in US Dollars

or

- Write zero for everything

Use a conservative conversion to US dollars and use that figure.

Do you REALLY want the USCIS to figure out what Soles are and what their exchange rate is on their own?!?! rofl.gifrofl.gif

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Use a conservative conversion to US dollars and use that figure.

Do you REALLY want the USCIS to figure out what Soles are and what their exchange rate is on their own?!?! rofl.gifrofl.gif

So just write the number is US Dollars...thats it? No footnotes or anything?

Then, simply wait and see if the interviewer asks me for details? Thinking, perhaps, he won't even ask me about co-sponsors?

And, if thats the case, do I withhold my mother's paperwork for co-sponsoring until/unless asked for it???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When you filed your US income tax returns did you enter the amount in Peruvian currency or convert it to US dollars?

Common sense dictates that information is converted as needed whether that is language, currency, or units of measure (feet:meters, etc.).

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

When you filed your US income tax returns did you enter the amount in Peruvian currency or convert it to US dollars?

Common sense dictates that information is converted as needed whether that is language, currency, or units of measure (feet:meters, etc.).

My taxes...for LAST year...were filed in US Dollars and earned in US Dollars.

The money I am making here, since March 1st, is in Peruvian Soles.

No taxes on this money will be filed until next year.

Timeline

So just write the number is US Dollars...thats it? No footnotes or anything?

Then, simply wait and see if the interviewer asks me for details? Thinking, perhaps, he won't even ask me about co-sponsors?

And, if thats the case, do I withhold my mother's paperwork for co-sponsoring until/unless asked for it???

You'll need a co-sponsor due to residence requirements. The co-sponsor must be a full time resident of the US. You can't be the sole sponsor if you have foreign residence at the time you sign the document.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Furthermore, if I convert it and write down a number, then I have enough money to support my wife and all of the paperwork sent to me by co-sponsors is unnecessary. EVEN THOUGH, once we get onto the airplane I will have no job...no income...and no way (technically) of supporting my wife.

Timeline

Furthermore, if I convert it and write down a number, then I have enough money to support my wife and all of the paperwork sent to me by co-sponsors is unnecessary. EVEN THOUGH, once we get onto the airplane I will have no job...no income...and no way (technically) of supporting my wife.

You would not qualify as a sole sponsor without full residence and a job in th US..

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Enter your current income in dollars on your I-864 but have your co-sponsor packet ready. Saying you make $0 would be untrue. But the source of the income is foreign, which is why you would need a co-sponsor. The form itself doesn't specify this but it's generally determined when the consulate reviews the financial evidence.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Enter your current income in dollars on your I-864 but have your co-sponsor packet ready. Saying you make $0 would be untrue. But the source of the income is foreign, which is why you would need a co-sponsor. The form itself doesn't specify this but it's generally determined when the consulate reviews the financial evidence.

Thank you!

This is what I was looking for - an explanation and reasoning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.