Dr_LHA

AOS interview 2 weeks ago

135 posts in this topic

Hi,

Tomorrow morning will be the 2 week anniversary of my Green Card interview, which ended "I'm approving your case, you'll get your Green Card in 2 weeks". Since then there have been no updates to my case status online, no emails and most importantly no green card.

Can anyone else shed any light on whether this is a normal experience. I was told my name check was cleared (hence the approval).

Although I'd love to do an Infopass to ask them, this would involve 7+ hours of driving in a day for me, so I'm wondering also if it's at all possible to get any useful information out of the hotline, and if so, does anyone have any tips as to how to best to talk to someone who has more in depth database access than I have.

PS I'm also posting this based on the fact that 99% of posts like this usually get followed up by the poster with "update: its arrived!". I think I just jinxed it there. :(

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't hurt to try the info line (except maybe raise your blood pressure and want to make you scream), maybe you'll get lucky and get someone nice. Although all they do is read off a script, so you may just get told to wait __ days and call back (at which point you get told to wait another __ days and call back while they look it up). There is a possibility to get transferred to a higher up who can look up your specific case so I'd call and bug them to do that if they won't help you out.

Oh, and don't mention that you're comparing your case to others who got theirs faster, I got yelled at by someone on the hotline for doing that :P

Edited by JamesMiranda

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

So is there no one on this board who can give me some examples of what I'm experiencing? My anecdotal memories suggest that most people get email/touch updates on their case within a few days of their approval at interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't say for sure what will happen, but I was interviewed by the director of the office I went to and he said it usually takes 5-20 business days...

Barbara (Canada) & Dallas (USC)

AOS

Nov 13 2005 EAD & I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 22, 2005 EAD & I-485 NOA1

Dec 15, 2005 Biometrics for EAD & I-485

Dec 19, 2005 EAD & I-485 Touched

Jan 21, 2006 Rec'd I-485 Fingerprint Reschedule Notice (AHHH!!!)

Feb 10, 2006 Fingerprint App't

Feb 1, 2006 EAD Approved!!!!

Feb 11, 2006 Rec'd EAD card

Feb 13, 2006 Applied for SSN

Feb 17, 2006 Rec'd SSN

Feb 23, 2006 I-485 Transferred to CSC (AHHH!!)

Mar 02, 2006 I-485 Has been received at CSC

Mar 13, 2006 I-485 Touched

Mar 14, 2006 I-485 Touched

Apr 15 & 25 2006 emailed CSC for status inquiry on I-485

Apr 26 2006 received a response from CSC, another response in 60 days (ahhhhh!!!)

Apr 27, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 17, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 19, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 20, 2006 I-485 Touched

July 3, 2006 emailed CSC again, no response given in the allotted 60 days time frame.

July 27, 2006 received a response from CSC, another response will be given in 30 days.. ha ha ha.

***app sent back to Missouri ***app sent to Chicago

Aug 21 2006 touched

Sept 29 2006 3rd year Anniversay

October 13, 2006 Immigration Interview - Need to return with Long Form Birth Certificate

October 13, 2006 Long Form Birth Cert ordered with expediated shipping

October 18, 2006 Birth Cert Received

October 19, 2006 2nd Immigration Interview - APPROVED

5-20 business days for the Green Card to arrive, maybe I'll be back to see my family before Christmas?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Thanks choc. Have you had any touches since your interview?

I have been waiting for almost 3 months after the interview and we were told to expect GC within 2weeks at the interview. So you are not only one. Don`t worry. On this website, most people tend to recieve GC so quickly somehow, but people around me do not really receive GC so quickly. One of my friend is still waiting for 5 months.

By the way, my interview date was Aug 11th and the first touch was September 25th. Since then, there have been no touch.

Edited by makidesuu

makidesuu: Have you inquired at all since your interview with USCIS as to what is the hold up? I'm getting antsy after 2 weeks, I think if I haven't heard anything after a month I'm biting the bullet and driving to Philly for an Infopass.

makidesuu: Have you inquired at all since your interview with USCIS as to what is the hold up? I'm getting antsy after 2 weeks, I think if I haven't heard anything after a month I'm biting the bullet and driving to Philly for an Infopass.

in my experience, i got pretty lucky and got my GC less than a week after my interview. but, i have heard a lot of cases that it takes more than 2 weeks to get it. you can try the hotline... but in my experience, they are pretty much worthless. they will say (after waiting for about an hour on hold) that their information is the same as they have in the internet....sheesh.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks choc. Have you had any touches since your interview?

Yes I did get a touch. But in my experience USCIS isn't very universal in their processes. It took my I-130, 298 days to be approved when people were getting their I-485 and I-130 processed in less time!

What I usually did was, I waited until the maximum wait time (in my case it's supposed to be 20 business days). If it doesn't show up I've got a reason to complain bc I'll just say I'm following the rules :)

But I would call the info line to find out where your welcome to america letter is.

Barbara (Canada) & Dallas (USC)

AOS

Nov 13 2005 EAD & I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 22, 2005 EAD & I-485 NOA1

Dec 15, 2005 Biometrics for EAD & I-485

Dec 19, 2005 EAD & I-485 Touched

Jan 21, 2006 Rec'd I-485 Fingerprint Reschedule Notice (AHHH!!!)

Feb 10, 2006 Fingerprint App't

Feb 1, 2006 EAD Approved!!!!

Feb 11, 2006 Rec'd EAD card

Feb 13, 2006 Applied for SSN

Feb 17, 2006 Rec'd SSN

Feb 23, 2006 I-485 Transferred to CSC (AHHH!!)

Mar 02, 2006 I-485 Has been received at CSC

Mar 13, 2006 I-485 Touched

Mar 14, 2006 I-485 Touched

Apr 15 & 25 2006 emailed CSC for status inquiry on I-485

Apr 26 2006 received a response from CSC, another response in 60 days (ahhhhh!!!)

Apr 27, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 17, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 19, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 20, 2006 I-485 Touched

July 3, 2006 emailed CSC again, no response given in the allotted 60 days time frame.

July 27, 2006 received a response from CSC, another response will be given in 30 days.. ha ha ha.

***app sent back to Missouri ***app sent to Chicago

Aug 21 2006 touched

Sept 29 2006 3rd year Anniversay

October 13, 2006 Immigration Interview - Need to return with Long Form Birth Certificate

October 13, 2006 Long Form Birth Cert ordered with expediated shipping

October 18, 2006 Birth Cert Received

October 19, 2006 2nd Immigration Interview - APPROVED

5-20 business days for the Green Card to arrive, maybe I'll be back to see my family before Christmas?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I had an Infopass last month only to find out my AOS was still pending. The person at the window just read their records on pc, that was all and did not know the reason why it is pending. She asked me the name of the interviewer, but I did not remember since I did not pay attention to know the officer`s name at the interview. Anyway, I was surprised that they do not keep the interviewer`s name in our record..lol...very unorganized....lol Her supervisor even said to me that waiting 2 months is nothing. u should be worried if u do not receive it after 6 months...lol... So, there is nothing I can do but wait.

Filed: Timeline

I waited over 30 days and still no card.... so I made an infopass and found out my card had gone missing..... I then had to file form i-90 and wait almost 8 months for a new one.... please dont sit there for months waiting for the card... if you have not recieved it within 30 days go a check with them that it has been issued.... there is no point in phoning the infoline they cant tell you anything you cant see for yourself on the website...

Kezzie

I guess you don't have to worry, at least the interviewer ended saying your case will be approve.

I had my AOS interview last August 17 and until now we didn't get an update from USCIS, 70 days to be exact. i do go online for status update and i always check the processing date. Since I wasn't satisfied with just that, I wrote to the interviewer at Homeland Security district office in Portland ( 3 hours drive) to make a follow-up and yes sent a letter to lee'sSummit, MO with copies of the RFE to them too, in case Portland didn't notify them.

A very long wait indeed for me. But I have high hopes, just understanding more the system and how they work.

Good luck to us!

Jan

Hi,

Tomorrow morning will be the 2 week anniversary of my Green Card interview, which ended "I'm approving your case, you'll get your Green Card in 2 weeks". Since then there have been no updates to my case status online, no emails and most importantly no green card.

Can anyone else shed any light on whether this is a normal experience. I was told my name check was cleared (hence the approval).

Although I'd love to do an Infopass to ask them, this would involve 7+ hours of driving in a day for me, so I'm wondering also if it's at all possible to get any useful information out of the hotline, and if so, does anyone have any tips as to how to best to talk to someone who has more in depth database access than I have.

PS I'm also posting this based on the fact that 99% of posts like this usually get followed up by the poster with "update: its arrived!". I think I just jinxed it there. :(

Mailed I-751 - January 12, 2009
NOA - January 14, 2009
Biometric for me and my son- February 21, 2009
2nd biometric for me - March 14, 2009
Green Card Approval for son - April 28, 2009

Mailed N400 - June 14, 2010
USCIS Receipt Date - June 16, 2010
USCIS NOA date - June 24, 2010
Received I-797C NOA in the mail - June 28, 2010
USCIS Email for RFE/ Biometrics sched- July 16
Biometrics - August 12, 2010
RFE Yellow Paper on IRS letter document - August 23
USCIS email on testing and interview - September 4
Received letter in mail for test and interview I-797C - September 7, 2010
Schedule of test and interview - October 12, 2010

I waited over 30 days and still no card.... so I made an infopass and found out my card had gone missing..... I then had to file form i-90 and wait almost 8 months for a new one.... please dont sit there for months waiting for the card... if you have not recieved it within 30 days go a check with them that it has been issued.... there is no point in phoning the infoline they cant tell you anything you cant see for yourself on the website...

Kezzie

Out of interest did you get any emails/online updates telling you your card had been sent when the first one got lost in the mail? Its the lack of touches that has me baffled. Surely the interview itself would have been classified as a "touch"? ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.