MACE2U

i - 601 as time goes bye

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

as most of you who actualy read this will have some interest in the i-601 ,i am just posing a question, ,why? why is it that there are not many posts here, am i looking in the wrong place, , is there a chat room for all sufferers of 601itch? am i the only person left in the maze of disinfornmation of the london embassy/ consular.anyway................

got my cr-1 approved in november , but was denied ,and had to file an i-601 wich i did in dec 2011. been on the http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/ivwaiver. check list since december, so after various calls back and forth to the embassy hotline, emails and telepathy, NOTHING!!!!.apart from , oh we dont have your file , its with the USCIS, SO AFTER I try!!!! to contact the USCIS , I GET AN EMAIL FROM THE LONDON EMBASSY TELLING ME THEY HAVE MY FILE, AND SO WE WAIT, .WELL THAT WAS OVER SIX MONTHS AGO. SO decided to get in contact with the senator , and just see if they could help, well , they emailed the london embassy and had a reply. the reply was, wait 30 days, well, did i expect anything less,

thirty days was up last week, and the wife has repeatedly tried to get just a snippet of info from the senators office , but as usual, the person we need to talk to is always unavailable,in a meeting or just stepped out, how convinient,.

what next, protest outside the embassy, call the press, and all this while my grandchild is newly born and a hurricane bears down on my wife in our humble floridian abode, ok ok, rant over, have a nice day yalllllllll :) waiting--->

Carol ..USC

Mace ..UKC

Married 03/2009 in FL

Carol sent off I-130 07/18/2010

NOA / I-797C 07/21/2010 From CA

ESTA Visit (paroled) 08/26/2010

NOA / I-797C (2) 11/03/2010 From TX

Return UK 11/11/2010

Touched 12/08/2010

call TSC 01/04/2011 TOLD TO WAIT 2 WEEKS

Call TSC told to wait 60 days

Touched 02/11/2011

interview nov 5th 2011 denied... i-601

filed i-601 dec 2011

i-601 pending for 6 months

i-601 under review as of june 2012

contacted senator july 25th told to wait 1 month for reply from london embassy

another birthday gone

been in process 812days since the start of this process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If her senator is not doing their job... i would try and contact the next closes senator. Find our which one most likely deals with immigration. Don't stop until you get an answer. Some people thing involving senators does nothing, but i truly believe it does do SOMETHING. Only a few weeks after having a senator help us check on our 601 it was approved. And just two weeks ago, (because we've been in AP since then) I had them do another check. Got a call yesterday for my hubby to come to the embassy next tuesday to speek to an officer. Keeping our fingers crossed that this is the FINAL step. I wish you the best of luck. Dont give up hope!

I-130 Sent : 6/7/11

I-130 NOA1: 6/8/11

I-130 NOA2: 1/24/12

Interview: 5/14/12 (denied- but eligible for waiver)

I-601 Waiver Filed: 5/17/12

I-601 Waiver: acceptance notice received 6/24/12

I-601 Waiver: APPROVED - letter received 7/17/12

I-212: Submitted 10/9/12

I-212: APPROVED 10/29/12

VISA IN HAND- POE- Miami 11/28/12

Total time apart: 3 years, 10 months

Admin Review total: 3 months 3 weeks

• 2 months later...

I feel your pain, I'm so frustrated that there aren't many threads on here about the I-601 wait!

I think all the confusion came when they changed to processing the waivers in the U.S. instead of at the international offices. BUT, for all of us who filed right before that went into affect and still filed our waivers in our international offices, we are stuck in limbo and it is taking ridiculously long for our waivers to process. It's painful to watch people who have submitted their waivers after ours getting approved already.

We filed our waiver on April 3, 2012 out of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. We didn't get a receipt of acceptance and when we called they said that our waiver application was in the United States. Called NCIS in the U.S. but they said no, the waiver has to be in Santo Domingo still because there is no receipt #. Finally after many inquiries to the Santo Domingo office, they say on July 29th, "Oh we do have your waiver here in Santo Domingo, it's in process and it should take 4-6Months." Ok, as of today it is 7 months since we submitted our I-601 so WTH?! Called 2 weeks ago for an update praying that they would say "you've been approved, se aprobado!" but NO. They said, "your case is going well, there are no red flags, and you will be getting a phone call and that's when a decision will be made" GREAT, FINALLY!. However, 2 weeks later, no phone call still waiting...when is this nightmare going to end?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.