del-2-5-2014

Called Lagos This AM

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Operator: Hello, hello , who am I speaking with?

Me: Good morning. My name is Gowon and I am calling to make inquiries about an I-129F petition that has arrived in Lagos.

Operator: What is I-129F?

Me: It’s the precursor to an application for a K1 Visa.

Operator: What is K1? You have to email LagosIV@State.Gov and wait 72 hours for response.

Me: Excellent: It’s been over 72 hours already. And I understand that I-129F visa applications are processed by the immigrant unit.

Operator: Wait 72 hours and email back, keep on emailing back until you get an answer, I have another call to pick.

She hangs up.

How’s that for customer service :lol:

Our people sha, na wa o. Reminds me of Felas song : ”Everybody get him power, everywhere”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you wanna get real answers, you ask for an Immigration Officer. They will transfer you to someone who will look your case up and tell you if they have received it yet or not :)

TracyJo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Operator: Hello, hello , who am I speaking with?

Me: Good morning. My name is Gowon and I am calling to make inquiries about an I-129F petition that has arrived in Lagos.

Operator: What is I-129F?

Me: It’s the precursor to an application for a K1 Visa.

Operator: What is K1? You have to email LagosIV@State.Gov and wait 72 hours for response.

Me: Excellent: It’s been over 72 hours already. And I understand that I-129F visa applications are processed by the immigrant unit.

Operator: Wait 72 hours and email back, keep on emailing back until you get an answer, I have another call to pick.

She hangs up.

How’s that for customer service :lol:

Our people sha, na wa o. Reminds me of Felas song : ”Everybody get him power, everywhere”

Hehehehee naija na wa ...fear customer service naa..lol

So were you able to get through to someone?

I called as promised. One Guy that answered after grilling me endlessly tried to transfer me to the immigrant visa section (they claim that the non immigrant section do not accept phone calls), but the transfer was unsuccessful. So he said to call back. He did tell me though that I just have to wait and that if the file has reached Lagos that they will send the appointment letter.

I called back and my Ibo Lady friend picked up the phone - grrrrrrrr

According to her no one answers calls unless for the citizen or lpr department. I said I was a Citizen and she countered that I wasn't calling on my own behalf but for a non citizen benefit. Makes sense actually.

So I in frustration I asked her if Mrs Clinton called is this the level of service that they will provide to her (yah I know totally silly of me :lol: ). When she asked me who that was I knew I was dealing with a live one.

So I guess it's another waiting game.

PS: I did call the Guys over at USTravelDocs, they said I need to get an approval from the IV department before I can use that system to make an appointment.

Edited by Gowon

Timeline

Well isnt that something! I have no problems getting through. Email them then, they will tell you that they havent received it yet but it just means it isnt logged into their database. I had NVC track mine, it was delivered, but Lagos still hasnt logged it, its been one month now.

TracyJo

Well isnt that something! I have no problems getting through. Email them then, they will tell you that they havent received it yet but it just means it isnt logged into their database. I had NVC track mine, it was delivered, but Lagos still hasnt logged it, its been one month now.

I called 01123414603400, I then press 0 for operator.

Is this basically what you do?

Timeline

I called 01123414603400, I then press 0 for operator.

Is this basically what you do?

Yes, thats how I called, same number as well. I just said, "I need to speak to an Immigration officer please.". And they put me through to one who transferred me to another, only I am unsure of her title, but she was an American woman. They did not ask me why, they just transferred my call.

TracyJo

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:dance: congrats on the interview date my dear.

I-129F @ VSC-Jan 27 2010

NOA 1- Dated Feb 1 2010

NOA 2- Dated April 27 2010 (85days after NOA1)

Interview-October 2010- outcome AP

Interview-July 2011-outcome-Recommendation for revocation

March 2012- Petition received by a USCIS office

May 11 2012- Petiton sent to another USCIS office for processing

May 15 2012- Petition is now being processed at a USCIS office

May 17 2012- letter rec'd from CSC Petition officially closed

Oct 26, 2011- Sent 1-130 Oct 27, 2011- NOA1 priority date

July 2012- NOID I-130 petition

July 16, 2012 e-mail notification for NOA2

NVC Process

July 23, 2012- nvc received

Aug 13,2012- called nvc to receive case# and IIN

Aug 14,2012- DS-3032 Email sent

Aug 15,2012- AOS Fee $88 invoiced, paid and in process

Aug 16,2012- AOS shows as paid

Aug 17,2012- I-864 overnighted to NVC

Aug 24,2012- DS-3032 acceptance received

Aug 24,2012- DS-230 invoiced/paid

Sept 4,2012- DS-230 overnighted to NVC (forgot to date page 2 waoo???, can't stop beating myself now, pls no RFE)

Sept 5,2012- DS-230 received by NVC; Oct 4- date received via email for scheduled interview

Sept 14, 2012-checklist requested for docs already submitted

Sept 20,2012- Case complete at NVC

Embassy

November 2, 2012 Interview -APPROVED

Thank you all.

The interview package left today with my Brother, who was very impressed with the way I assembled the paperwork in a binder. Complete with leaflets, post it sign here, date here, etc :yes:

So all she has to do now is the police report and medical.

I looked online and saw some flights for $1,175 total, so who knows I might even surprise her and be on the ground with her for support.

Good luck to all the others that are waiting for interview dates.

Timeline

Thank you all.

The interview package left today with my Brother, who was very impressed with the way I assembled the paperwork in a binder. Complete with leaflets, post it sign here, date here, etc :yes:

So all she has to do now is the police report and medical.

I looked online and saw some flights for $1,175 total, so who knows I might even surprise her and be on the ground with her for support.

Good luck to all the others that are waiting for interview dates.

All da very best....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.