tanyaNashley

K1 Applications Forms Queries

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

This is one of the first times I have used this site (this is Ashley speaking) and that's most likely because the work has been down to my lovely counterpart until now.

I am excited to receive my Packet 3 notice through the post last week however I have a few queries regarding the completion of the Visa application forms. These queries are related to the VISA process adopted in the UK American Embassy in London.

If anyone has a record of how they completed theres and they wouldn't mind sharing what has worked for them or what their thoughts are, I would gratelly appreciate it. The answers to these below may seem obvious or the questions may appear stupid but as I have nothing to conceal, I just want to ensure I give the best answer I can give that is going to only aid the process.

DS-230 Part 1

• Question 30. The questions asks for addresses since I was 16, firstly, I just want to check that I don't need to put the house numbers and street name as it doesn't ask for this, just the city, province and country.
  • Question 30. There was a time when I was a student that I would have two addresses - one being my parents, one being my university accomodation. Shall I list both with a clarifying statement on an extra piece of paper about why the dates overlap?

DS-156

• Question 22. The question asks for a date (if known) when I will be arriving to the US - I don't know this as I'll obviously wait until I have the papers in my hand then allow one month. Can I leave this blank?
  • Question 26. The question asks how long I intend to stay - I intend to stay forever so could i write "indefinately"?
  • Question 27. The question asks what is the purpose of my trip - I intend to marry my fiance - is that an acceptable answer?
  • Question 30. The question asks if I have ever been issued a visa - does this question include tourist visa entry at the borders? If so, I have a number of previous visits to declare, if not i have never had any other form of visa so I just want to clarify this.

DS-156K

• The form requests submit with it: Evidence of financial support - what is this and what could this include?
  • The form requests to submit with it: Evidence of engagement to my fiance - what is this and what could this include?

General Query

• The packet three letter and the US embassy website is in my opinion not totally clear on when I can / need to submit the forms named in the packet three letter that make up my application. I understand that the DS-2001 I submit only when I am ready for the interview and I understand what is needed for that. What I do not understand is when I submit the other forms (DS-156, DS-156K, DS-230 Part 1 & 2, DS-157, etc.) Do I submit these with the DS-2001 or as soon as they are ready?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read these and I would be grateful for your support - please feel free to ask me any questions if I'm not clear.

Ashley

Edited by tanyaNashley

01.11.2011 | Met Online and an Amazing Friendship Began...

06.23.2011 | Met in Person and our Romantic Relationship was set Ablaze......

03.18.2012 | Engagement

05.10.2012 | I-129F SENT (USPS Overnight to Dallas Lockbox)

05.11.2012 | Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox Signed for at 11:30am

05.16.2012 | NOA1 Text and Email Received (11pm)

05.18.2012 | Cashed Check

05.21.2012 | NOA1 Letter in Mail

08.06.2012 | NOA2 Text Received and Email Received (9pm)

08.09.2012 | NOA2 Letter in Mail

08.22.2012 | Packet 3 Recieved

08.25.2012 | NVC Letter Recieved

09.06.2012| Medical Exam

The sample forms filled out on VJ are helpful. It says example forms in the light blue menu bar.

Sending forms. London says--

Note: The failure to return the forms promptly will delay the processing of your application.

That means as soon as you fill them out, now that they have notified you they have your approved petition. The DS-2001 can go later if you need time to gather the things that go to the interview. Nothing gets mailed with the DS forms, so read what London says to brings to the interview and ignore what the form says to attach. London doesn't do it that way.

There is a huge thread answering most of your questions pinned at the top of the UK forum. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

DS-230 Part 1

Question 30. The questions asks for addresses since I was 16, firstly, I just want to check that I don't need to put the house numbers and street name as it doesn't ask for this, just the city, province and country.

-YES YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUT THE STREET NUMBER.

Question 30. There was a time when I was a student that I would have two addresses - one being my parents, one being my university accomodation. Shall I list both with a clarifying statement on an extra piece of paper about why the dates overlap?

-IT DOESN'T MATTER.YOU CAN PUT YOUR ADDRESS WITH YOUR PARENTS

DS-156

Question 22. The question asks for a date (if known) when I will be arriving to the US - I don't know this as I'll obviously wait until I have the papers in my hand then allow one month. Can I leave this blank?

-PUT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Question 26. The question asks how long I intend to stay - I intend to stay forever so could i write "indefinately"?

-PUT AFTER WE GET MARRIED,WE WILL FILE FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT.THAT'S WHAT I WROTE

Question 27. The question asks what is the purpose of my trip - I intend to marry my fiance - is that an acceptable answer?

-TO MARRY MY FIANCE.

Question 30. The question asks if I have ever been issued a visa - does this question include tourist visa entry at the borders? If so, I have a number of previous visits to declare, if not i have never had any other form of visa so I just want to clarify this.

-YES,IF YOU EVER BEEN ISSUED ANY KIND OF VISA.YOU NEED TO CLARIFY ALL.

DS-156K

The form requests submit with it: Evidence of financial support - what is this and what could this include?

-IF YOUR FIANCE IS SENDING YOU MONEY,SHOW THEM ANY EVIDENCE OF RECEIVING IT.

The form requests to submit with it: Evidence of engagement to my fiance - what is this and what could this include?

-PICTURES OF ENGAGEMENT PARTY,OR OF YOU TOGETHER, RING RECEIPT...THIS IS CRAZY!!!! I DIDN'T HAVE THE RECEIPT!!

AND NEVER HEARD OF DS-2001.WHAT IS THAT?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

**Bump** :no:

01.11.2011 | Met Online and an Amazing Friendship Began...

06.23.2011 | Met in Person and our Romantic Relationship was set Ablaze......

03.18.2012 | Engagement

05.10.2012 | I-129F SENT (USPS Overnight to Dallas Lockbox)

05.11.2012 | Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox Signed for at 11:30am

05.16.2012 | NOA1 Text and Email Received (11pm)

05.21.2012 | NOA1 Letter in Mail

08.06.2012 | NOA2 Text Received and Email Received (9pm)

08.09.2012 | NOA2 Letter in Mail

08.22.2012 | Packet 3 Recieved

08.25.2012 | NVC Letter Recieved

09.06.2012| Medical Exam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.