savvy.boy

Pakistan - New Passports ---- Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Following is written on travel.state.gov website for interview Preparation :-

"Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States"

so we have to take along our passports to visa interview.

My question is that , if we estimate our interview , its somewhere in December 2012 or January 2013 because dates are moving 1 month in every Visa bulletin.

Expiry date of our current passports is 20 June 2013. if our interview would take place in December 2012 then our passports would be valid for six months but if it took place in January then passports would not be valid for six months.

Please tell me should we make our new passports right now because we are heading towards interview.

Or wait for next Visa bulletin/ next few months ???

Please give me advise.

What to do ?? we are confused.

Savvy Boy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Following is written on travel.state.gov website for interview Preparation :-

"Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States"

so we have to take along our passports to visa interview.

My question is that , if we estimate our interview , its somewhere in December 2012 or January 2013 because dates are moving 1 month in every Visa bulletin.

Expiry date of our current passports is 20 June 2013. if our interview would take place in December 2012 then our passports would be valid for six months but if it took place in January then passports would not be valid for six months.

Please tell me should we make our new passports right now because we are heading towards interview.

Or wait for next Visa bulletin/ next few months ???

Please give me advise.

What to do ?? we are confused.

Please fill out your timeline so we can better give you a better idea of when you can estimate your interview. Currently the last interview date Assigned in islamabad is about 60 days. Also take into account December is one of those months that tend to be filled with holidays, with Christmas and new years etc. Cant say forsure what days are obsurved but the operations in offices tend to slow down. If you feel that you are going to be right at the margin of your passport expiring its usually a good idea to play it safe and get your passport renewed. Its a one day task from what i hear at the passport office. However it is your decission so keep that in mind. It woudl be a very big hassel if the visa was ready to be issues and they tell you to go renew your passport and then resend to issue visa.

Good luck.

Timeline

Please fill out your timeline so we can better give you a better idea of when you can estimate your interview. Currently the last interview date Assigned in islamabad is about 60 days. Also take into account December is one of those months that tend to be filled with holidays, with Christmas and new years etc. Cant say forsure what days are obsurved but the operations in offices tend to slow down. If you feel that you are going to be right at the margin of your passport expiring its usually a good idea to play it safe and get your passport renewed. Its a one day task from what i hear at the passport office. However it is your decission so keep that in mind. It woudl be a very big hassel if the visa was ready to be issues and they tell you to go renew your passport and then resend to issue visa.

Good luck.

I have filled my timeline. I don't know why isn't it linking with my profile. Anyway. Sn530 , can you please tell me what do you mean by "currently the last interview date Assigned in islamabad is about 60 days" ???

Are you saying they have given interview date 60 days before the priority date has became current or after 60 days ???

Please kindly tell this. My priority date is 25 june 2001. F4

Savvy Boy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hummm... I had no idea you were a F4 applicant. I dont really know the procedures of that. what i mean by 60 days is... for example some people who send in all required documents prior to being assigned a interview date it is about 2 months from that date roughly.

example, Submitted packet for interview on August 8th, interview date received was Oct 10th.

Last person I have heard from who has an interview date is as late as october 22.

Timeline

hummm... I had no idea you were a F4 applicant. I dont really know the procedures of that. what i mean by 60 days is... for example some people who send in all required documents prior to being assigned a interview date it is about 2 months from that date roughly.

example, Submitted packet for interview on August 8th, interview date received was Oct 10th.

Last person I have heard from who has an interview date is as late as october 22.

Okay thanks

Savvy Boy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.