mrsGORE

10 days rule for SSN???

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is is true that once you received your EAD you have to wait at least 10 days before you can apply for SSN or else your info will be not in the system yet???

any idea?????

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Filed: Timeline

really? i applied for SSN 8 days after i received my EAD.. i waited like 2 hours in Social Security office and when it was my turn the woman said she cant find my record in their system yet. :( she said they have to validate my documents and it will take 4 weeks.. so maybe thats true.. she also said it will be easy to apply SSN once i have my green card.. my green card just arrived today and i will try to apply again next week:)

sept 26 - noa1

feb 22 - noa2

waiting for nvc to receive our case

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, it is recommended to wait about 10 days or more for all of your information to be uploaded to SS system. It is not an instant deal with the transfer of information.

Good luck

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Oh i see..maybe I just have to wait so we dont waste time coz im not driving yet so my husband have to skip work just to take me to SSA...

June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
July 11-RFE sent
July 16-Response Review
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Nov 9-Card Production

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh i see..maybe I just have to wait so we dont waste time coz im not driving yet so my husband have to skip work just to take me to SSA...

It is better to wait for it to be in system. 2 weeks is better than 10 days. If they do a "manual verification" (meaning it doesn't show up in their system yet) it could potentially cause a delay of several weeks.

Good luck

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

It is better to wait for it to be in system. 2 weeks is better than 10 days. If they do a "manual verification" (meaning it doesn't show up in their system yet) it could potentially cause a delay of several weeks.

Good luck

thanks that very informative...my interview is 3 weeks away though...if i got approved better to bring the green card to SSA?? you think so??

June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
July 11-RFE sent
July 16-Response Review
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Nov 9-Card Production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.