11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello. Working on preparing documents to apply for the K-1 Visa. I am an American. My fiance is Canadian.

Is the G-325A absolutely necessary?

If so, do both of us fill it out?

She has visited on student Visa's before and had an address.

This summer, while we were not engaged, she visited for about 3 months at my place in the United States. Is that bad to state? Trying to understand what is wrong and what isn't wrong. I am afraid to make a mistake with the paperwork.

Thank you for any help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

YES... read the instructions from VJ guide here guides6ly.gif

There is not much we can do to speed up the process, but there are tons of ways to slow it down. Make sure you follow all instructions on forms, do not leave out any mandated documents....

P.S. once you get everything filled out and filed

timeline.gif

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just follow the guide found on this link

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Yes the G 325A is required and needs to be filled out and signed by both of you. Make sure that after all forms are filled out and signed that you make 2 exact copies of the petition. One for you to keep in case of any request for evidence and one for your fiancee for when she goes for interview. She may not need it but its a good idea for her to have a copy just in case.

Timeline

This summer, while we were not engaged, she visited for about 3 months at my place in the United States. Is that bad to state?

No, in fact it is good. This will help to establish the face to face within last 2 years requirement. Make sure you read about how to provide the correct evidence for that requirement.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello. Working on preparing documents to apply for the K-1 Visa. I am an American. My fiance is Canadian.

Is the G-325A absolutely necessary?

If so, do both of us fill it out?

She has visited on student Visa's before and had an address.

This summer, while we were not engaged, she visited for about 3 months at my place in the United States. Is that bad to state? Trying to understand what is wrong and what isn't wrong. I am afraid to make a mistake with the paperwork.

Thank you for any help!

The thruth is right and lies are wrong.

Yes it is necessary for both with the I-129f.

List ALL residence addresses for the past 5 years.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

So in the section of her residence in the last five years.

Her residence is in Canada. When she visited here this summer. Was her residence considered my address or is she considered a visitor and her residence is still her canadian address, even though she was visiting here for the summer??

Timeline

100% in total agreeance....good.gif

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

I definitely not trying to avoid anything, just want to put the right information in there.

We only fill out one I-129F correct? Did you mean we each have to fill out one a piece? Both our information is on one of them, so don't understand if you meant for us to each fill one out?

Also on the G-325A, it asks for residence in the last five years. This summer she spent with me in the United States. She was a visitor here not a resident. Does she put her Canadian residence address even though she was here for the summer?

Timeline

I definitely not trying to avoid anything, just want to put the right information in there.

We only fill out one I-129F correct? Did you mean we each have to fill out one a piece? Both our information is on one of them, so don't understand if you meant for us to each fill one out?

Also on the G-325A, it asks for residence in the last five years. This summer she spent with me in the United States. She was a visitor here not a resident. Does she put her Canadian residence address even though she was here for the summer?

OK, so please read the K1 guide that I gave you a link to in my first post. Specifically, the assembling the I-129F petition. There are 14 instructions there. Check them of one by one. It will clear up all questions you have.

Visiting would not count as residing. But the school information is different.

Good luck....

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.