zha&joe

Questions about pending medical exam and interview

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. We recently got our interview date ( Yay :) ) set for Sept 14. I want to be with my wife during her medical exam and so I'm planning on going over on Sept. 8 and go through the medical exam on Sept. 10. I just got an email from our immigration attorney and they are advising us to have the medical exam no later than Sept. 7 to avoid delays in getting our visa. I read somewhere on VJ that you can have it as late as two days before the interview date. Is Sept. 10 too late of a date to have her medical? Thanks in advance guys :)

My fiance took her medical exam and finished it on August 8, 2012, Her interview was set for August 17, 2012. When she went for the interview she was given two 221g's one for an NSO cenomar and the other for the medical exam results. Her results had not been received by the embassy yet. When she called St. Lukes, they told her that 2go picked up the results from the clinic on August 13, 2012. I then had my fiance call the embassy and the embassy told her that they did receive the clinic results on August 21, 2012. I do not know why the delay was for the embassy to receive the results of the exam or if it had anything to do with the recent typhoon there. I would suggest that you do the medical no later than one week before the interview date.

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Hi everyone. We recently got our interview date ( Yay :) ) set for Sept 14. I want to be with my wife during her medical exam and so I'm planning on going over on Sept. 8 and go through the medical exam on Sept. 10. I just got an email from our immigration attorney and they are advising us to have the medical exam no later than Sept. 7 to avoid delays in getting our visa. I read somewhere on VJ that you can have it as late as two days before the interview date. Is Sept. 10 too late of a date to have her medical? Thanks in advance guys :)

Well for me got my Interview date Sept. 5 and will be going for medical next week probably Aug.28.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

A couple of days is usually enough time for the Embassy to receive medical results from St. Lukes. If the Embassy does not receive the medical results in time for the interview, your fiancée should still go to her interview. As des1867 said, if the medical results have not arrived at the Embassy by the time of her interview, the Embassy will issue your fiancée a 221g which will set her back a few days until the Embassy receives her medical results.

It'll set you back a lot longer if St. Lukes finds out that there has been any mmm-mmm-MMM going on with you and your fiancée. In that case, St. Lukes will require her to return for her shots after her next period because they won't give her the shots which are contraindicated for pregnancy.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

St. Luke's will not allow you to be with your wife DURING the medical. And for sure as Tacoma said..... don't mmmm - mmmmmm - mmmmm. If St. Luke's knows you are with your wife they will ask her if you two have mmmmm - mmmmmm and like said delay giving the vaccinations, which will delay the medical.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.