JoeKwa

NVC Case Complete!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone,

I had a quick, but I am sure a very common, question. I am a U.S. Citizen petitoning my wife in Colombia for a CR-1 visa. I called the NVC yesterday to inquire about a checklist and I was told that all paperwork and had been received, is in order and the case has been completed. My question is, how long does it take for the NVC to schedule the interview? I know it is different for every consulate but I was wondering if anyone had experience with the embassy in Bogota. Any feedback would be awesome.

Thank You

Good Day and Good Luck!

Joe Kwa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Joe,

Someone may give you a specific response but in the meantime you can click on Reviews: Embassy/USCIS in the blue bar near the top to read others experience

Direct Link: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Colombia&cty=&dfilter=5

Thanks

Edited by Jasontnyc

Timeline

USCIS

07/23/2012: I-130 Sent from Ireland

07/24/2012: USPS Delivery Confirmation

07/27/2012: NOA1 E-mail

08/06/2012: NOA2 E-mail

08/07/2012: NOA1 (i-797 Rec'd Hard copy via snail mail)

NVC

08/10/2012: NVC received

08/24/2012: Case number/IIN

08/24/2012: DS-3032 sent (10 minutes after Case Number received ;) )

09/05/2012: DS-3032 accepted (via email although NVC later said they never received ?!?)

09/05/2012: Got the pre-invoicing error: "You cannot make online payments for your case at this time. Please contact the NVC if you have questions or need further information."

09/06/2012: AOS Bill paid

09/07/2012: AOS Bill Status Changed to "PAID"

09/10/2012: AOS Package sent

09/12/2012: Sent hardcopy of DS-3032

09/24/2012: IV Bill Invoiced

09/24/2012: IV Bill paid

09/25/2012: IV Bill Status Changed to "PAID"

09/25/2012: IV Package sent

10/04/2012: Case complete at NVC

10/12/2012: Interview scheduled (Interview Date: 12/17/2012)

Embassy

11/05/2012: Embassy received

11/13/2012: Medical

12/17/2012: Interview - Joint Sponsor Required to to my residency in Ireland

12/18/2012: I-864 Sent from US to Embassy

02/01/2013: Visa

04/22/2012: POE

Timeline

Joe,

Someone may give you a specific response but in the meantime you can click on Reviews: Embassy/USCIS in the blue bar near the top to read others experience

Direct Link: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Colombia&cty=&dfilter=5

Thanks

Sweet deal. Thank you very much. I will read up on this.

Good Morning Everyone,

I had a quick, but I am sure a very common, question. I am a U.S. Citizen petitoning my wife in Colombia for a CR-1 visa. I called the NVC yesterday to inquire about a checklist and I was told that all paperwork and had been received, is in order and the case has been completed. My question is, how long does it take for the NVC to schedule the interview? I know it is different for every consulate but I was wondering if anyone had experience with the embassy in Bogota. Any feedback would be awesome.

Thank You

Good Day and Good Luck!

Joe Kwa

hey Joe Kwa,

if you take a look at my profile and status updates you can have some sort of idea how long our case took.

Our case was completed on June 19 and on June 27 (called NVC and DoS daily) my wife's interview was set for August 28 at Bogotá.

We were so happy that we got through the NVC phase in only 20 days but then disappointed that the interview was set 2 months later but as of today 11 days to go!!!

Good luck! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank You

Good Day and Good Luck!

Joe Kwa

It all depends on when your case was completed by the NVC. If it was completed during the first two weeks of the month, the NVC tries to schedule the interview for the following month depending on the embassy's availability. If they completed it during the last two weeks of the month, they schedule the interview for the month after. Ex.: if your case was completed on 8/10, you will probably have an interview in September. If it was completed on 8/27, you will most likely have your interview in October. Again, it all depends on the embassy and a few months ago they were pushing the dates an extra month, but that doesn't appear to be the case any more.

If you have any other questions, you can ask them in the Colombia Club thread. They're easier to find that way.

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

hey Joe Kwa,

if you take a look at my profile and status updates you can have some sort of idea how long our case took.

Our case was completed on June 19 and on June 27 (called NVC and DoS daily) my wife's interview was set for August 28 at Bogotá.

We were so happy that we got through the NVC phase in only 20 days but then disappointed that the interview was set 2 months later but as of today 11 days to go!!!

Good luck! :)

I will certainly do that. Thank you very much for your help. That is awesome about you getting past the NVC that fast. Good luck to you and your wife and I wish you the best :thumbs:

Timeline

It all depends on when your case was completed by the NVC. If it was completed during the first two weeks of the month, the NVC tries to schedule the interview for the following month depending on the embassy's availability. If they completed it during the last two weeks of the month, they schedule the interview for the month after. Ex.: if your case was completed on 8/10, you will probably have an interview in September. If it was completed on 8/27, you will most likely have your interview in October. Again, it all depends on the embassy and a few months ago they were pushing the dates an extra month, but that doesn't appear to be the case any more.

If you have any other questions, you can ask them in the Colombia Club thread. They're easier to find that way.

Diana

Hey Diana,

My case was listed as Complete on Thursday (8/16/2012). Based on what I am reading, I can expect a Visa interview in October. That is okay. I know she wants to finish her semester and then spend some time with her mom on San Andres. It is still very comforting to know that the NVC case is complete. One step closer.

Thank you Again

Joe Kwa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.