substance

missing documents question

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Ok some updates

NVC sent out a check list on OCTOBER 3RD , that our I 864 package was incomplete. I called NVC on OCTOBER 5TH and asked them whats missing and mailed the missing documents on OCTOBER 6TH.

then NVC sent out another checklist on OCTOBER 14TH, the originals of birth and marriage certificates were missing( i gave them certified copies in the package) so i sent the originals on OCTOBER 18th.

Now it has been 4 weeks since i mailed the missing documents for I864 and over 2 weeks for DS 230.

Still they havent gotten them or they are not entered into the system yet. The officer told me they would wait for both mails to reach them then they would process them which is an additional 2-4 weeks process.

the officer also said they recieve 1000s of mails everyday in their mail box, but it takes 2 to 4 weeks for them to get to officers due to high volume of mails.

So in these cases. they have the missing documenst for I 864 already(since it has been 4 weeks) but they are waiting for the missing documents for ds 230 to get to them(probably in anyday next 2 weeks). then they will process them together.

I asked the officer how long would it take to process such documents, he didnt give me any clue.

here is what i think . I mailed the documents on the october 18th, in the morning. It reaches to NVC on the same day or next morning, so lets say its in the mail box on 19th for sure. then maximum of 4 weeks for them to recieve it . thats novermber 18th. then 2 to 4 weeks process time. anywhere between december 1-18th.

Does any of you has anything to add to this ? any opinions? or any part you think i am wrong?

any info will be apriciated

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

OK some more updates....

My mails finaly made it to NVC (or they made it to nvc way back but nvc just picked them up) on the 9th of november. Now they have everything they needed and processing my case. I was told I should allow 2 to 4 weeks for them to review them. Its already been 2 weeks almost, so i should hear from them soon(hopefully). Well all of the extra stuff they ask for turkish citizens, which makes everything take longer and harder, there is one good thing they do, they schedule the interview dates right on the same day they complete the case. So i can know my interview date when my case completed by calling NVC.

And i have just gotten some info from the US embassy in ankara. there are about 70 K3 applications and 7-8 Cr-1/Ir-1 applications per year. Which is not bad at all. But they still schedule the interview dates 2 months or so ahead.

Good Luck to you!

OK some more updates....

My mails finaly made it to NVC (or they made it to nvc way back but nvc just picked them up) on the 9th of november. Now they have everything they needed and processing my case. I was told I should allow 2 to 4 weeks for them to review them. Its already been 2 weeks almost, so i should hear from them soon(hopefully). Well all of the extra stuff they ask for turkish citizens, which makes everything take longer and harder, there is one good thing they do, they schedule the interview dates right on the same day they complete the case. So i can know my interview date when my case completed by calling NVC.

And i have just gotten some info from the US embassy in ankara. there are about 70 K3 applications and 7-8 Cr-1/Ir-1 applications per year. Which is not bad at all. But they still schedule the interview dates 2 months or so ahead.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

My case was completed yesterday(november 22nd). the lady said its waiting to be scheduled an interview date. NVC does that on the 2nd week of each months. I will have to wait till the second week of december to know my interview date. The lady also told me that I can call the US embassy in Ankara to reschedule the date to a closer date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.